Max wins

I think Max loses in a pretty one sided fight unfortunately. Gaethje is just too hard of a hitter and has the clear size and power advantage here.

I think he has a solid chance but he needs to crack Gaethje a little bit. He tends to load up on his shots when he's rocked and those'll be easy to avoid and it snowballs from there for Max.

i hope, i pray, that this is fight, where on paper it is so obvoius gaethje wins, but somehow, the planets/moons/nibiru X all align and max pulls off the unthinkable stoppage upset a la Nick Diaz / Lawler 1.

i just don't see it happening, but i hope i am wrong. WAR MAX HOLLOWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO TURNS UNSTONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you porierfan war Holloway
And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I've had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome (or maybe just delusional).

This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin imo. Max's boxing is quite a bit better imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, not against Max who likes to stay at range and throw clean straight shots. Also the odds of Justin landing another clean head kick is virtually zero (that was a once in a lifetime deal imo).

Justin's low kicks won't be as much of a factor as people think. Max fights at range and Justin does most of his damage with low kicks in close. At range Justin's low kicks aren't nearly as effective and he oftens gets countered.

Final prediction: Max starts to take over after rd 2. He'll most likely gets the dec win or late TKO.

They are both JBG warriors but I am with Holloway all the way, it feels foolish to me but that slurred speech man can fight and shouldn't be counted out so easily like most on here think

I'm with you porierfan war Holloway

They are both JBG warriors but I am with Holloway all the way, it feels foolish to me but that slurred speech man can fight and shouldn't be counted out so easily like most on here think
I like both guys a lot. I understand this fight can go either way, that's what makes it so extremely interesting imo, "the unknown". I can't fucking wait to watch. I'll be nervous for Max, when I'm nervous is when i know I'm highly invested in a fight. Cheers btw, it's not too far away now, just 2 more days.

It's a 50/50 fight for me. I think Max has all the tools to win but he's going to have to put the pressure on Justin to pull it off. He isn't winning a battle where he lets Justin fight his fight at range.

I love watching Max fight and would be happy for him to get the W, but at the same time I really don't want to see him vs Islam.

Last edited:
I love both guys but I feel like Max takes too many hits to be confident in him here. Gaethje is going to put his chin through hell and some day, legendary as it is, it'll crack, and my gut is telling me that happens tomorrow.

I'd love to be wrong, but taking Gaethje by t(ko).

It's a 50/50 fight for me. I think Max has all the tools to win but he's going to have to put the pressure on Justin to pull it off. He isn't winning a battle where he lets Justin fight his fight at range.

Max doesn't hit hard enough to put pressure on JG.

IMO Max is the better fighter skill for skill and its not close. He's a legit champion caliber fighter because of his qualities, Justin gets absolutely besmirched in title shots and generally against elite opponents.

The size/power gap here is going to be huge.

Max can win by absorbing a lot of damage and getting JG tired late, but I don't see how else.

Max doesn't hit hard enough to put pressure on JG.

IMO Max is the better fighter skill for skill and its not close. He's a legit champion caliber fighter because of his qualities, Justin gets absolutely besmirched in title shots and generally against elite opponents.

The size/power gap here is going to be huge.

Max can win by absorbing a lot of damage and getting JG tired late, but I don't see how else.
Everyone who's had success against Justin has had to take the fight to him. Max's best chance is by volume and pace. Letting him stay at range and pick his shots is not going to work.

There are too many factors to consider for me when it comes to picking for this fight lol. One thing I will say for sure is that this fight will be fucking fun for as long as it lasts! Neither guy crumbles under the pressure of the moment and will go for it 100%, that's more or less guaranteed from where I'm sitting!
With my life on the line, I'd guess I'd have to say JG but it feels way closer now than it did for me when the fight was announced. I do replay the volk fights in my mind which makes me lean towards the gay cheese, though.
<{JustBleed}>

And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I've had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome (or maybe I'm just delusional lol).

This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin imo. Max's boxing is quite a bit better imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, not against Max who likes to stay at range and throw clean straight shots. Also the odds of Justin landing another clean head kick is virtually zero (that was a once in a lifetime deal imo).

Justin's low kicks won't be as much of a factor as people think. Max fights at range and Justin does most of his damage with low kicks in close. At range Justin's low kicks aren't nearly as effective and he oftens gets countered.

Final prediction: Max starts to take over after rd 2. He'll most likely gets the dec win or late TKO.
good call

Last edited:
Back