DJ had more title defences than all current Champions COMBINED

What the fuck even are some of these opinions I see around here...
Some people sir, they just want to see the world burn as they say.
Its unfortunate to be honest, but what other reason would someone say something like that lol

That's a neat post to make directly after multiple people ranking him

GOAT ranking threads are made on here almost every day. DJ is in fact hardly mentioned and mostly forgotten, and those who do are met with others who tell them they're trying to forget about him. Nothing personal, just speaking facts. I don't rank him either.

Imagine trading this
vht21jfy0im21.gif

For this
ml7mm2631yt81.gif
DJ for Askren is a terrible trade on paper, but the trade gave Meng temporary superstar status for destroying Askren. I'm pretty sure the PPVs he headlined made the UFC more money than DJ's entire career combined.

It’s actually a negative in his legacy that he didn’t move up lol

He rather just beats can in a shit division

S tier in every aspect of the fighting game, except size, I guess. Seems to be chill and a class act too. In hindsight it's for the best he doesn't have to deal with Dana and ufc politics anymore, it's probably a huge weight of his shoulder. It's a joke a promoter is telling one of the greatest fighters of all time he needs to promote a fight more. Same goes for the grotesque amount of disrespect he got from the mma 'fans', shows you how much the sport is infested with mouthbreathers.

It’s actually a negative in his legacy that he didn’t move up lol

He rather just beats can in a shit division

You must have forgotten that he started his career at BW and went 7-2 there, with one of those losses being a championship fight with Dominic Cruz. He moved to FLW because that was his natural weight, not because he couldn't handle fighting at BW.

S tier in every aspect of the fighting game, except size, I guess. Seems to be chill and a class act too. In hindsight it's for the best he doesn't have to deal with Dana and ufc politics anymore, it's probably a huge weight of his shoulder. It's a joke a promoter is telling one of the greatest fighters of all time he needs to promote a fight more. Same goes for the grotesque amount of disrespect he got from the mma 'fans', shows you how much the sport is infested with mouthbreathers.

"Hey I know you're basically a real life superhero but you need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and be a toxic asshole like me".

Also everyone seems to forget that DJ wanted to be traded. It was his team that proposed the idea.

Also everyone seems to forget that DJ wanted to be traded. It was his team that proposed the idea.

"'When I fought Joseph Benavidez I was still on that 20/20 [contract],” he said. “When I fought John Dodson, I made 23/23. When I fought John Moraga, it was 26/26. Then when I fought Joseph Benavidez again, I think it was 30/30.'

Johnson said he then finally got a champion’s contract, $125,000 to show and $50,000 to win – but he was still denied pay-per-view points."

ONE FC offered him $750,000 per fight.

Gee, I wonder why he wanted to leave. The UFC's treatment of one of the greatest athletes in MMA history was frankly disgusting.

If only he wasn’t a mouselet, he would of got the Hespect and power!

"'When I fought Joseph Benavidez I was still on that 20/20 [contract],” he said. “When I fought John Dodson, I made 23/23. When I fought John Moraga, it was 26/26. Then when I fought Joseph Benavidez again, I think it was 30/30.'

Johnson said he then finally got a champion’s contract, $125,000 to show and $50,000 to win – but he was still denied pay-per-view points."

ONE FC offered him $750,000 per fight.

Gee, I wonder why he wanted to leave. The UFC's treatment of one of the greatest athletes in MMA history was frankly disgusting.

Those numbers can't be accurate. This says he made 175,000 for the second Benavidez fight.

The Moraga one is close though

Last edited:
And 3 of those title defenses from the other fighters had more people watch those 3 fights than all of Johnson's 11 title defenses. I think the UFC brass sleep well at night. <lol>

Those numbers can't be accurate. This says he made 175,000 for the second Benavidez fight.

The Moraga one is close though

He may have got his 125k + 50k contract by the second Benavidez fight. But no matter how you look at it, that's peanuts for a champion on his 4th title fight.

Don't forget he got paid 14k to challenge Dominick Cruz for the bantamweight title lol.

Back