Media Belal is ANGRY with Leon!

Belal and Merab should do a podcast show together.

I dont know. Have mixed feelings

On one hand he has a good run/streak and probably deserves a shot
On the other hand, people forget they already fought and leon smashed him up until the fight was stopped. It will be another useless title fight like Poirier vs Islam

On the other hand, people forget they already fought and leon smashed him up until the fight was stopped. It will be another useless title fight like Poirier vs Islam
I don't think people forget that they already fought, infact I think it gets brought up quite a bit. Either way I don't think that fight is a good reason to screw the guy over. He steps in on short notice, gets his eye nearly raked out in a fight that barely got out of the first round, but because he was losing he shouldn't get the opportunity he's worked his whole life for? Fuck that.

I know you weren't saying he shouldn't get the shot, I'm just sorta venting because the whole situation is bullshit.. and I'm not even much of a Belal fan.

It was a situation like this that pushed Clubber Lang over the edge
View attachment 1040689

If Belal gets a bunch of gold chains and feather earrings and crashes a press conference that will add enough bullshit drama that the ufc will put the fight together
It would actually be awesome if Belal actually cuts his hair and dressed like Clubber Lang

Belal will never get a title shot

Bet your Sherdog account on it + the house on it + the savings for the house of your children and grandchildren

In my non expert opinion they are just keeping Belal on ice to frustrate him to the point of fighting another contender in hopes that he loses. Hope I'm wrong because the guy has earned the opportunity but it is looking less and less likely that he's going to get it.

I have no sympathy for a guy whom is in combat sports but can’t get a fan base.

For example in his most recent fight aljo just skates to a grapple fuck win. No risk or wet to his style.

Islam will grapple fuck but also at least box and risk it at least a little .

Shouldn't he be mad at the people that actually make the matches? Dana himself said that Leon has said yes to all the fights offered to him this year.
He should be angry with the UFC, not Leon.

The UFC offered Leon 3 separate opponents, and none of them were Belal.

Edwards doesn't say no to opponents, he's just said he isn't excited about Belal because he's boring and he thinks he's a bum from what he felt in their first fight.
If I recall, the UFC offered 3 fights to Leon.... for the special event of UFC 300 only. That does nothing to suggest he's been accepting everything throughout the year, and that's also different than Leon saying he wants to fight at any specific time or event. The UFC would be offering fights to a champ who is trying to get back in there.

You're right. People DO forget how that fight went. Think you're just confused on who those people are.

For example in his most recent fight aljo just skates to a grapple fuck win. No risk or wet to his style.

Edwards had no fan base till he got his title shot. If we went by your logic that amazing comeback win would never have happened.

If I recall, the UFC offered 3 fights to Leon.... for the special event of UFC 300 only. That does nothing to suggest he's been accepting everything throughout the year, and that's also different than Leon saying he wants to fight at any specific time or event. The UFC would be offering fights to a champ who is trying to get back in there.
Leon said he wanted to fight 3 times in 2024 right after he beat Colby. And said March or April would be ideal for his next fight.

Makes sense that the UFC wouldn't offer him fights until they were gearing up for 300 which was early April.

Since all those fights fell through, it's pretty clear they're holding Leon back for Manchester in July. Unless they have already found an opponent for him that isn't Belal, there's still some time left to give it to Belal and there still being time for a long and thorough training camp.

Dana said Leon has never turned down an opponent, and while yes, it's Dana, so bucketful of salt and all that. Think about it though, Leon is not the most exciting nor marketable guy, Dana isn't going to be lying for him to make him look good to the public and MMA media. I think it's safe to say in this case that it's the truth.

To each their own but I do have sympathy for a guy that actively participates in the sport but gets passed over for people who don’t. Belal should have already fought for the belt but they decided to give old Duckington the shot instead.

To each their own but I do have sympathy for a guy that actively participates in the sport but gets passed over for people who don’t. Belal should have already fought for the belt but they decided to give old Duckington the shot instead.

The irony is, that fight was more boring than any fight from Belal, that's quiete a feat. <36>

Back