Dumbest thing you've heard in the gym.....

My favorites are the ones who say things like "Yeah my hands are certified deadly weapons" or something to that effect

Not saying its not possible, but in my mind, highly unlikely as I can't see any decent, well trained kickboxer/MT fighter run face first with a hook, and then have the other guy counter with a knee. I don't think I'd every try to counter a hook with a knee, would you?

I think you are assuming the knee has to be directed at the head.. I pictured that as a knee to the body as they rush in...which is perfectly logical. I dont know where or what you train, but my instructor teaches me to keep my hands up while throwing a knee and thrust your hips instead of doing a kicking type motion or whatever the hell you were talking about.

I think you are assuming the knee has to be directed at the head.. I pictured that as a knee to the body as they rush in...which is perfectly logical. I dont know where or what you train, but my instructor teaches me to keep my hands up while throwing a knee and thrust your hips instead of doing a kicking type motion or whatever the hell you were talking about.

Ya that is exactly what I meant, I should have made myself more clear. If you knee him in the stomach right before the hook lands it will probably take a lot of force off it, but of course your hands should be up just in case.

Chino, you are right but luckily for me he wasn't. He was just a straight TKD guy, but I would assume someone with 50+ amateur boxing fights wouldn't go all crazy on a 17 year old kid with a year of experience.

Last edited:
im sorry to hear you wasted 15 years of your life. what are you? a 20th degree blackbelt?

Man enough already. If you trained as much as you talked shit you wouldn't be some nobody loser sitting on a forum saying shit you wouldn't have the balls to say to people in person.:icon_chee

Legs you are just as guilty of that as anyone on this forum.

Legs you are just as guilty of that as anyone on this forum.

how so? I dont spend my time on here bashing what people choose to do in martial arts. I'm quite the smart ass with certain people here sure but im just like that in general:icon_chee

Man enough already. If you trained as much as you talked shit you wouldn't be some nobody loser sitting on a forum saying shit you wouldn't have the balls to say to people in person.:icon_chee

Funny how this clown disses somebody for posting online.......by posting online !

:rolleyes:

The ol "Everbody's a loser but me" routine

Funny how this clown disses somebody for posting online.......by posting online !

:rolleyes:

The ol "Everbody's a loser but me" routine

LOL! I did not "diss" him for being a forum poster. I see you didn't brushed up on your reading comprehension like i suggested.:icon_chee

hush up karate kid. KIIIIIYAAAAH!!!

LOL! I did not "diss" him for being a forum poster. I see you didn't brushed up on your reading comprehension like i suggested.:icon_chee

legs.... you're lame. face it. go work on your "DIM MAK". yeah..... bottom one.

and unlike you motherfucker... i actually step in the ring and compete. you just sit on your ass, live off theory and fucking kung fu flicks. go do something

man...chino and legs. These web battles are not good. Whoever wins, everyone loses...just let it go.

Robin, the whole reason I read the striking forum is for Chino & Legs. I'll never forget a sanda thread, where chino argued the entire time that sanda was specifically engineered to beat Muay Thai, best martial art in the world.

A lot of stupidity in the gym.

More stories please. Maybe since I don't have any stories, I'm 'that guy'?

man...chino and legs. These web battles are not good. Whoever wins, everyone loses...just let it go.

honestly... i get a kick out of messing with wanna be asians like legs. he honestly makes my day here on sherdog. he's one of the reasons why i stay away from the stand up forum.... so many tma geeks that swear their "THEORIES" work..... without actually applying them in real life. but i just cant seem to stay away. very entertaining.

honestly... i get a kick out of messing with wanna be asians like legs. he honestly makes my day here on sherdog. he's one of the reasons why i stay away from the stand up forum.... so many tma geeks that swear their "THEORIES" work..... without actually applying them in real life. but i just cant seem to stay away. very entertaining.

speaking of theories....

"average wrestler + below average boxer = top mma fighter"

What top mma fighter have you fought against? i would like to see you walk into an mma gym and state this and video tape the results against their top fighters. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a gym with a few elite guys training there. Get to it and let us know how it goes other wise you are just stating theories and doing nothing to apply them:icon_chee

Back