I'm on TRT

Unusually high testosterone is linked to an early death.
In fact, one study showed that testosterone may be one of the main reasons that African Americans die faster than European and/or Asian American with a similar diet.

High Testosterone May Raise Heart Disease Risk

It may also be associated with prostate cancer risk. That link has no bearing on your assertion. Please provife a source that "anything over 900 would put a warning as high T" and would "require therapy to normalize."

900 ng/dL serum test is perfectly normal for a 30-year-old male. Normal physiological ranges go up to 1,200. I have never seen anyone suggest a young male with 950 ng/dl test should undergo "therapy to normalize"!

Last edited:
I have never seen anyone suggest a young male with 950 ng/dl test should undergo "therapy to normalize"!

It seems you are looking for a fight.

You are evidently ignorant on the subject of hypergonadism, so I'll provide a few links and hope that calms you down:

Men:
Hypogonadism? | Go Ask Alice!

Women:
Symptoms of High Testosterone Levels | natural-hormones.net

From personal experience, I knew a middle aged woman with too high of testosterone that needed medical attention.
I also knew a teenager with a disease that caused hypergonadism. I don't recall the name of said disease, but I do know that at 15 years old he was shredded like a juicer without working out and the doctors told him he'd never live to old age.

It seems you are looking for a fight.

I am not looking for a fight, I thought your thread is interesting. In this specific circumstance, I think what you asserted is completely false and ask you to either retract it, or provide some evidence for it.

You are evidently ignorant on the subject of hypergonadism, so I'll provide a few links and hope that calms you down:

I am glad you concluded I'm "ignorant on the subject of hypergonadism", now please provide evidence to back your assertion that "anything over 900 would put a warning as high T" and would "require therapy to normalize."

Last edited:
I am not looking for a fight, I think what you asserted is completely false and ask you to either retract it, or provide some evidence for it.

I am glad you concluded I'm "ignorant on the subject of hypergonadism", now please provide evidence to back your assertion that "anything over 900 would put a warning as high T" and would "require therapy to normalize."

I did provide evidence that men and women can have dangerously high T levels.

As for the statement that anything over 900 would put a warning on my blood test, that is just fact. There is a range, anything out of range gets a bold mark, which suggests to the doctor that he needs to look into it.
You provided no evidence to the contrary.

I will retract saying something requires therapy, as some people are comfortable with a statistically shorter life, irrational decision making, not taking care of their kids and being more likely to break up a marriage through infidelity.

Personally, I'd do the therapy to reduce my numbers if they were too high. Maybe you'd do something different. Maybe you'd tell the doctor that the warning sign on the test did not exist. Good job.

I did provide evidence that men and women can have dangerously high T levels.

I never said there is no such thing as abnormally high test levels (sure, 2,000 would be abnormally high for a man). But you provided no evidence 900+ would be "dangerously high" necessitating treatment.

Normally, the person making the assertion carries the burden of proof, but, in any case, you didn't ask me to provide evidence.

Normal reference ranges for young males go up to 1,200 ng/dl. My lab's reference rage is 200-1,200 (taking account of sex but not age). I can provide tons of references if you like.

Here is one, from pubmed's MedlinePlus:

Testosterone: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Normal Results
  • Male: 300 -1,200 ng/dL
  • Female: 30 - 95 ng/dL
Note: ng/dL = nanograms per deciliter

Normal value ranges may vary slightly among different laboratories. Talk to your doctor about the meaning of your specific test results.

As for the statement that anything over 900 would put a warning on my blood test, that is just fact. There is a range, anything out of range gets a bold mark, which suggests to the doctor that he needs to look into it.

Ok, this may be the source of confusion here. Maybe your lab uses significantly different values than the common general reference range.

I will retract saying something requires therapy, as some people are comfortable with a statistically shorter life, irrational decision making, not taking care of their kids and being more likely to break up a marriage through infidelity.

Personally, I'd do the therapy to reduce my numbers if they were too high. Maybe you'd do something different. Maybe you'd tell the doctor that the warning sign on the test did not exist. Good job.

Lolwut?

It may also be associated with prostate cancer risk. That link has no bearing on your assertion. Please provife a source that "anything over 900 would put a warning as high T" and would "require therapy to normalize."

900 ng/dL serum test is perfectly normal for a 30-year-old male. Normal physiological ranges go up to 1,200. I have never seen anyone suggest a young male with 950 ng/dl test should undergo "therapy to normalize"!

900 is not "perfectly normal." It may not be cause for alarm or panic, but its not normal.

its cool you putting info out there from soneoen who actually need HRT

anyone know what this translates into ng/dL? or what kinda scale they are using
my test got well tested... but from a doc in england and my results was 23.8 and said normal range would be 10-27.8 which othercourse is soemthing totally differnat from the scale you guys are saying.

Thinking it must of dropped way down from when this was taken a couple of years ago, nowhere near as much of a sex drive or agressive as used to be and im tired all the time even though im getting plenty of rest and not doing much hard work during the week.

900 is not "perfectly normal." It may not be cause for alarm or panic, but its not normal.

I just quoted pubmed's MedLine stating the normal ranges for males are 300-1,200 ng/dl.

Please substantiate your assertion that 900 is not normal.

I just quoted pubmed's MedLine stating the normal ranges for males are 300-1,200 ng/dl.

Please substantiate your assertion that 900 is not normal.

Are you going to first admit that

A) Some tests do indicate a problem when levels are above 900 or below 300

B) To get your levels down from something over 900, it would require a different type of therapy. (or are you still thinking that injecting testosterone would normalize people with high test, just like it does for people with low test.)

To remind you, the quote you didn't agree with, and started trolling this thread for:
"Anything over about 900 would also put a warning as high T also has risks, but of course would require a completely different type of therapy to normalize."

To substantiate his claim that levels over 900 could be a high risk, you can look at your own assertion that 2000 would be too high. Not sure if you know how math works, but 2000 > 900.

anyone know what this translates into ng/dL? or what kinda scale they are using
my test got well tested... but from a doc in england and my results was 23.8 and said normal range would be 10-27.8

I think ng/dl is what mine was measured it, but I'd have to go home to check to tell you for sure. Here's a list of normal ranges in all sorts of formats.

Male Normal Testosterone Levels - Average Ranges by Age in Men
"Depending on the lab your doctor uses, male testosterone levels typically range between 250ng/dl and 850 ng/dl."

The range you are speaking of could be the same as (nmol/L)??
Because that would be more in line with the numbers you said with the average person being 15-25nmol/L on that chart.

Hope that helps. If not, just ask your doctor or the lab that provided the results and I'm sure they can answer better than I can.

If you are feeling down, it could be something completely unrelated to testosterone. It is wise to get a full panel blood test to check out everything you can. Also normal stuff like reducing stress, sleeping and eating well, having sex or using your hand frequently, and working out helps a ton.

Are you going to first admit that

A) Some tests do indicate a problem when levels are above 900 or below 300

B) To get your levels down from something over 900, it would require a different type of therapy. (or are you still thinking that injecting testosterone would normalize people with high test, just like it does for people with low test.)

To remind you, the quote you didn't agree with, and started trolling this thread for:
"Anything over about 900 would also put a warning as high T also has risks, but of course would require a completely different type of therapy to normalize."

To substantiate his claim that levels over 900 could be a high risk, you can look at your own assertion that 2000 would be too high. Not sure if you know how math works, but 2000 > 900.

ed-tom-bell.jpg

Thanks 1standarduser nmol/L does look more like the scale mine was written in.

Looking at that study there doesnt seem too be a big differant in test levels in age, not as much as one would expect from people keep talking about levels dropping in the late 30's, average levels of 40-44 year olds still have over 80% of the test under 25's make.

Thanks, I'm glad you know with whom you're speaking with. I'll gather that my education probably far exceeds yours and although none of my degrees are in the medical field I have more experience with this topic than most doctors. My spelling and grammar is about as relevant as a doctors penmanship.

Keep following the herd. Just be remember that you're health is the most important asset and TRT and HRT are just the flavor of the week.

LOL. Good luck trying to convince people to trust your advice over doctors.

My understanding of the topic isn't great, but based on what I've read I'm assuming that anything around 600 (+/-100) is probably about average for someone under 30, 800+ is the higher end, and <400 is the lower end.

I've also been reading about a supplement known as D Aspartic Acid which claims to have increased levels by 40% or so in human studies.

Whilst this may or may not work, or maybe only in some and not others, I've read comments saying that 40% is nothing and you won't notice a difference... Does the 40% increase equate to an increase for example from 600 to 840? If so, would that not be a significant change?

My understanding of the topic isn't great, but based on what I've read I'm assuming that anything around 600 (+/-100) is probably about average for someone under 30, 800+ is the higher end, and <400 is the lower end.

I've also been reading about a supplement known as D Aspartic Acid which claims to have increased levels by 40% or so in human studies.

Whilst this may or may not work, or maybe only in some and not others, I've read comments saying that 40% is nothing and you won't notice a difference... Does the 40% increase equate to an increase for example from 600 to 840? If so, would that not be a significant change?

No, because that 40% increase doesn't actually happen.

Before starting Clomid, I tried everything under the sun.

For me, nothing worked.

It is possible that for severely lacking for certain vitamins/minerals/proteins/anti-oxidants/etc that supplementing to reach a normal level would in fact raise testosterone.
From my experience though, if you are getting proper nutrition, then no amount of over the counter pills (besides the ones soon to be illegal) will do anything worth while.

How is the Clomid affecting your estrogen levels? Having chronically low estrogen levels presents another set of problems.

Back