I'm on TRT

Miaou is historically far from a troll. His arguments haven't detailed this thread in the least.

Clomid for.trt is an interesting concept although I'm not.sure of the science behind it. There are restart programs to permanently raise the patients own production of t.

Actually his arguments have been the most interesting and educational part of this thread. Seems OP is confusing being on TRT with legitimately being knowledgeable about TRT and testosterone levels.

As for using clomid as a TRT agent, I won't comment on the science behind it since I am only partially familiar with how it functions to raise testosterone levels, but having low estrogen levels present problems on their own. I would advise anyone using an estrogen blocker for TRT to monitor their estrogen levels.

According to what I've seen, Nolva and Clomid are so similar they can almost be classified as the same thing.
Also, I have not seen any long term studies on using Nolva for men. My doctor will only prescribe something that has been tested fairly extensively. If you have any Nolva studies, please link me a few.

Could you provide more info on this Nolva Restart? For example, did his levels improve only temporarily, and then drop back down to the 200's immediately after stopping his therapy?
Skimmed thru the thread and there are a few things I could add:-
- Nolva/Clomid are SERMS, they are suppose to stimulate hormone production at the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Such action is deemed to be useful by anabolic steroid users who want to 'restart' normal test production assuming they have not been on steroids long enough to suffer primary hypogonadism.
- Clomid/nolva are not meant to be taken long term in the 'restart protocol' or post-cycle meds in bodybuilder terminology
- Nolva(clomid should be similar) is very hard on the liver and there too much casual talk about taking SERMS which scares me.
- Clomid can cause eye problems, flashes and other vision issues
- I don't know if long term clomid might downregulate your hormonal output at the HP permanently
- so you should see an endocrinologist to ascertain the best way to treat your low test
- Binge drinking(in one of your posts) or drinking in general is no good given the hammering the liver is already taking while on a SERM

I would tend to side with the 'troll' although I believe his initial point could be stated in a less confrontational manner. Theres alot more research about testosterone now than in the past.

Off-topic= this is why Marquardt/Sonnen/etc are cheating by getting their trt permission slip from their friendly GP instead of a board certified endocrinologist. They are just way under-equipped to diagnose such wily people.

How do you know Sonnen didnt go to an endocrinologist?

There are restart programs to permanently raise the patients own production of t.

Please let us know of what drugs can be taken that will permanently raise T levels.
If there is something that can be done once that works for years, of course that would be preferable to taking creams/pills/injections/patches for life.

Sorry dude but if you feel that you need testosterone REPLACEMENT treatment, I'm afraid your're in the wrong sport. No disrespect intended...

Which sport are you suggesting I leave?
And, is there a sport that you'd recommend with somebody needing REPLACEMENT?

I would tend to side with the 'troll' although I believe his initial point could be stated in a less confrontational manner.

On the first point, I know for a fact that my sheet clearly shows those above 900 get a warning, so I'm not sure how you can argue against something that is obvious.

To the 2nd point:
Maybe I'm wrong on this...
To normalize T for somebody with high levels, you'd really just add more T and/or take Clomid?
It's possible.. could be that adding more testosterone to somebody over the limits would in fact lower their levels over time since they'd basically stop producing it themselves at some point?
If this is in fact possible, it sounds risky but then again, I've never known anybody with too high of T, nor am I a doctor.

The troll never provided any evidence of this, but I'd be interested in reading if you could please provide a link.

Which sport are you suggesting I leave?
And, is there a sport that you'd recommend with somebody needing REPLACEMENT?

Never said you had to leave any sport. Chael was on TRT and he was pretty good. Also, baseball...

Sorry dude but if you feel that you need testosterone REPLACEMENT treatment, I'm afraid your're in the wrong sport. No disrespect intended...

Are you really that stupid and ignorant? Low T is a legitimate medical problem with implications ranging FAR beyond trivial things like sports performance.

Never said you had to leave any sport. Chael was on TRT and he was pretty good. Also, baseball...

You did say I was in the wrong sport though.
Possibly I misinterpreted.

Let's see if I got it; the sport I am in is the wrong one, but I should not leave it.
Are all sports I am in wrong, or is there one specifically?

If you are suggesting that professional athletes should not be playing if they require TRT to stay at the highest levels, than I have a different response:
TRT is in my mind similar to steroids as it is an unfair advantage compared with other individuals aging naturally. So, either allow everything, or allow nothing is how I see it. I don't mind pro athletes doing whatever they want to their bodies, but I do want the rules to be consistent.

Let's see if I got it; the sport I am in is the wrong one, but I should not leave it.

If you are suggesting that professional athletes should not be playing if they require TRT to stay at the highest levels, than I have a different response:
TRT is in my mind similar to steroids as it is an unfair advantage compared with other individuals aging naturally. So, either allow everything, or allow nothing is how I see it. I don't mind pro athletes doing whatever they want to their bodies, but I do want the rules to be consistent.

They are not similar at all. That's like saying you shouldn't let diabetic athletes use their insulin.

How do you know Sonnen didnt go to an endocrinologist?
If he did he would've told the commission so since it was in his interest to show that he really had a medical issue. As it was, Sonnen's prescribing doctor was not an endoc (probably just a GP) and made basic errors regarding TRT during questioning by the AC. Sonnen was also called a liar by Kizer who refuted Sonnen's claim of verbal approval.

They are not similar at all. That's like saying you shouldn't let diabetic athletes use their insulin.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you're trying to say. You're trying to say that older athletes should be prevented from using it to make their T levels more optimal. I'd argue that as long as they actually have low T then it's fine.

That's your mind. I don't think that people on TRT need to be competeing. But again, I mean no disrespect.

Please let us know of what drugs can be taken that will permanently raise T levels.
If there is something that can be done once that works for years, of course that would be preferable to taking creams/pills/injections/patches for life.

Hcg comes to.mind. I've seen references to its use as an attempt to increase natural production prior to the administering of testosterone. And no I don't have the links to the papers. Clomid just doesn't seem like an effect long term solution.

I would like to know Your E2 numbers both prior to therapy and during treatment. If your not getting it checked I'd like to know the reasoning for the lack of testing if possible. Considering the drug your using effects e2.

Question,

I've considering speaking to a doctor about this but have been hesitant due to my age, 28

I was involved a a serious fire fighting accident over two years ago that destroyed a nerve in my arm and has left with a condition call Complex regional pain syndrome.
Basically have moderate to severe pain at all times and limited to no use of my right hand. I take some pretty strong pain med and double dose of ambien to try and sleep, but still i'm lucky If I get 3 hours of sleep.

The pain, insomnia, lack a exercise and movement and lack of motivation/desire to do anything has really messed with my life. I'm pretty sure I have had a drop in testosterone due to everything that has happened.

Think I should see about TRT? And is any of it covered under insurance?

Hcg comes to.mind. I've seen references to its use as an attempt to increase natural production prior to the administering of testosterone. And no I don't have the links to the papers. Clomid just doesn't seem like an effect long term solution.

I would like to know Your E2 numbers both prior to therapy and during treatment. If your not getting it checked I'd like to know the reasoning for the lack of testing if possible. Considering the drug your using effects e2.

On the first point, I know for a fact that my sheet clearly shows those above 900 get a warning, so I'm not sure how you can argue against something that is obvious.

Your sheet may give a warning to those above 900, but your sheet is wrong. What is typically considered the normal range does indeed go up to 1200.

To the 2nd point:
Maybe I'm wrong on this...
To normalize T for somebody with high levels, you'd really just add more T and/or take Clomid?
It's possible.. could be that adding more testosterone to somebody over the limits would in fact lower their levels over time since they'd basically stop producing it themselves at some point?
If this is in fact possible, it sounds risky but then again, I've never known anybody with too high of T, nor am I a doctor.

The troll never provided any evidence of this, but I'd be interested in reading if you could please provide a link.

I have never heard of anyone attempting to lower natural test production.

No offense OP but, being on a form of TRT does not make you knowledgeable about TRT in general. The "troll" was bringing more useful information to the thread than you are. In fact, using estrogen blockers as the sole method of TRT is unusual. Typically a person will receive injections of Testosterone along with low does of armidex or clomid and possibly hcg every few months.

Back