I'm on TRT

As a side-note:

TRT cream in the US -> $300 a month <- no insurance, not paid by government, bought in a pharmacy at a market rate

TRT cream in Europe -> $60 a month <- no insurance, not paid by government, bought in a pharmacy at a market rate

How is this possible.

You could get enough injectable test for a year for the same price.

If someone's levels are normal and they take TRT, will they get even higher?

Not in particular. The whole point of TRT & HRT is to bring you to normal, so, in essence, if you are at normal levels, and you use HRT, you'd be doing yourself a disservice.

In most EU countries you can purchase T products OTP (Over the Pharmacy, like Sudafed here in the US) and they are legal to own/carry in personal amounts. In the US you'll do more jail time if you're caught with steroids (and no prescription) than if get caught with an illegal handgun.

Also, why on earth would you use T cream when injections are 10x better and half the price (at Pharmacy rates)?

Injections are the worst option from I've read, you get massive fluctuations and you have to visit a doc/nurse regularly or do it yourself. Or you get your butt cut open regularly and a plug stuck in. Cream once a day keeps level stable.

Cost for testosterone replacement therapy

No. Which is why TRT doesn't give athletes benefits like steroids which turn you into the Incredible Hulk. If you're low on testosterone, your body is not functioning properly, which affects everything from mood to recovery. You use TRT, you go back to 'normal' and smile, work out and bone the lady. You don't gain superpowers.

You take steroids, you turn into a monster, your tits grow, your balls shrink and you murder your family Benoit style. More or less.

All Things Male - Center for Men's Health

Injections are the worst option from I've read, you get massive fluctuations and you have to visit a doc/nurse regularly or do it yourself. Or you get your butt cut open regularly and a plug stuck in. Cream once a day keeps level stable.

Injections are the best, fuck what you read. There are 4 kinds of T to inject, and depending on which one and how much of which one is being used you could be doing injections every 1, 5, 10, or more days.

Cream does provide a stability that injections can't, and if you're going for that, sure. But injections are by far the most bioavailable and fastest acting.

Injections only tournament cause fluctuations if they are spaced too far apart. If you injection the long half life ethers twice a week your testosterone levels will be very stable.

I have never injected testosterone, nor am I a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt.

Logically, if your T-levels are normal, and you add in more T you will have a higher level. It's simple math.

Yes, if you inject Testosterone into a normal male his levels will in fact be higher than normal. Pretty common sense.

If I had normal levels though, there is no way in hell I'd be taking these types of drugs. There are definite risks to elevating your levels beyond a certain point... well, really there are risks to doing any drugs, so I try to take the least amount possible to keep me normal.

For an opposing point of view, ask miaou.
He disagrees that high test requires a different type of therapy than low test.

I have never injected testosterone, nor am I a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt.

Logically, if your T-levels are normal, and you add in more T you will have a higher level. It's simple math.

Yes, if you inject Testosterone into a normal male his levels will in fact be higher than normal. Pretty common sense.

If I had normal levels though, there is no way in hell I'd be taking these types of drugs. There are definite risks to elevating your levels beyond a certain point... well, really there are risks to doing any drugs, so I try to take the least amount possible to keep me normal.

For an opposing point of view, ask miaou.
He disagrees that high test requires a different type of therapy than low test.

If you inject testosterone you will shut down your natural production of test. You will not be adding to your current level of test.

Also I don't know why you felt the need to take a shot at miaou, but with you above statement you have demonstrated that you have very little knowledge about the subject. Even small amounts of testosterone and other anabolic steroids will shut down your natural production of testosterone.

A) If you inject testosterone you will shut down your natural production of test.
B) You will not be adding to your current level of test.

As I understand it, A can be true but B is definitely false.

A) If you take too much, your body thinks it has enough already and therefore has no desire to produce more.
My doctor was surprised to here I was worried about ball shrinkage and not producing my own T. He said taken in moderate amounts, your balls work just fine.

B) Athletes have tested at having over 2000mg/dl before while taking testosterone and I know for sure regular people have taken it and been well over 1000mg/dl.
If you check out bodybuilder forums you'll see many people that are within normal ranges that have taken T and gotten higher levels.

1) Also I don't know why you felt the need to take a shot at miaou, but with you above statement you have demonstrated that you have very little knowledge about the subject.

2) Even small amounts of testosterone and other anabolic steroids will shut down your natural production of testosterone.

1) I offered his name for a contrast to the conventional point of view.
Are you now taking a 'shot' at me? Which part specifically shows the lack of knowledge?

2) Small amounts do not shut down your natural production of T.

Last edited:
As I understand it, A can be true but B is definitely false.

B) Athletes have tested at having over 2000mg/dl before while taking testosterone and I know for sure regular people have taken it and been well over 1000mg/dl.
If you check out bodybuilder forums you'll see many people that are within normal ranges that have taken T and gotten higher levels.

People get into those ranges because of the amount of supplemental test they are taking. The supplemental test is accounting for basically all the testosterone in their system they are not producing test naturally.

If you check out bodybuilding forums you will see that they are taking T to go beyond normal ranges and that the amount of T that they take determines how far beyond normal they get.

Simply put the 2000 mg/dl level you cited is due entirely to the supplemental test.

Any introduction of unnatural test to your body will cause suppression of natural test production.

Which part specifically shows the lack of knowledge?

2) Small amounts do not shut down your natural production of T.

This part

You are correct that the end result will be that you will have a higher T level, but this does not come about by the injected test adding to your current T level. Any introduction of T will cause a suppression of your natural test production. You will end up with a higher T level in the end, but it will be due to the injected test. You are not adding to your natural production you are replacing your natural production.

Dude, nobody thinks taking testosterone makes your body produce more of the substance. If you think somebody said that, you need to read again.

Clomid on the other hand can make people produce more testosterone without injecting anything. In fact, my doctor feels that it's possible just taking Clomid a couple times when you are really down can kind of kick-start the process and put you back into normal ranges for some time.

I'm not sure what it would do for those at the higher range of things.
I'd be interested to find out though. (for example, if somebody was already at 1000ng/dl and took clomid, would it actually get higher?)

iv seen loads of information on people own system shutting down after trt, even if its not above normal ranges.
and you can take trt to just be in the average ranges

W - iv seen loads of information on people own system shutting down after trt, even if its not above normal ranges.

X - and you can take trt to just be in the average ranges

W - Since it doesn't need anymore, your body does stop producing as much T.
When you are off the juice for a time, the body hopefully returns back to normal.
This is described as a less-than-fun experience.

X - TRT is taken specifically for getting to normal/average ranges.
Taking it for increasing levels beyond normal is what athletes do to cheat.

Dude, nobody thinks taking testosterone makes your body produce more of the substance. If you think somebody said that, you need to read again.

No one has said that, but you seem to have thought that taking testosterone would not suppress your natural production.

If you are injecting T your body's natural T will shut down. For some it will happen immediately. For some it may take up to a couple of weeks. The more potent the anabolic the faster the shut down.

This is why you know King Mo is full of shit when he says he didn't know the SuperDrol he was taking was a steroid. SuperDrol will shut you down after 3 or 4 days of use.

No one has said that, but you seem to have thought that taking testosterone would not suppress your natural production.

Nope, didn't think that.
As stated previously, I specifically went to Clomid to avoid infertility problems.

If you are injecting T your body's natural T will shut down.

This is one of the reasons (also I don't like needles) that I don't feel injections are the best option right now, for me.

When you get older creams, patches and pills become much less effective.
At some point, only injections will get me where I want to be.
I just hope that point doesn't come for a few decades.

Back