Gym Idiots Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
20155661.jpg

Just being realistic.

Like I said, I'm not judging you. Please extend me the same courtesy. Dude.

There's nothing even to judge when it comes to interacting with another human being in a social setting.

Also, I wasn't judging you. I just think it's silly and counterproductive when people talk down about themselves like that.

this guy at the gym today was doing sit ups on the tall plyo box platform thing and his body was almost at 90 degrees at the down position. if hes really flexible then cool but if not he could really injure his lower back. i was waiting for him to start flopping like a fish because he snapped some shit up

Last edited:
There's nothing even to judge when it comes to interacting with another human being in a social setting.

Also, I wasn't judging you. I just think it's silly and counterproductive when people talk down about themselves like that.

It's based on experience, Cratos. I know exactly what I look like; remember the line from one of the Dirty Harry movies, "A good man always knows his limitations."

I don't try to chat up women at the Gym for the same reason I don't train to run 2:30 Marathons, fight in the UFC or break world records in Powerlifting: the chances of success are so low it's not an efficient investment of time and effort.

I'm polite to women(and men)at the Gym, because good manners cost nothing and bad manners prove nothing. But I'm not going to try and hit on a girl - perhaps I should point out that it's a university Gym and there is a higher than average number of young Hotties - because the odds are I'm going to crash and burn. So I'll have wasted time and, worse, look like a creepy douche bag.

+1

that shit sucks...
been doing that my entire life until i started lifting and finally feeling good about myself

that doesn't help you at all...
other people, who maybe had a different opinion, will start believing in your

Had a girl hogging the chin up bar doing some form of weird kip/swinging your knees up to your waist suspended thing. She was probably trying to work her abs or something.

Normally I'd use another one, but the it's used by a TRX couple (I know), so I politely ask her if I can work my sets in. She agrees, so I go and do my chin ups.

A trainer comes in and start hitting on her pretty badly. He's over 40 and she looks like she would get asked for ID buying alcohol. He fails miserably at trying to get her interested in "free personal training since he's free at the moment". She looks at me and tells him I was helping her out already and it was unnecessary. He looks at me and tells me it's against gym policy to give out advice without being a certified trainer. It keeps going like that for a very awkward length until he finally leaves.

She then tells me this guy has been hitting on her for over a month now and she pretty much told him to leave her alone any and all ways she could think of. She complained to the management and they warned him, but he keeps coming to her with "training advice".

After that, I saw the guy "giving out free training advice" to several young hot 20 something. Whenever he doesn't have a client, he looks for the nearest hottie half his age and have a go at her.

Creepy...

You workout @ lifetime in Tempe? 4SRS. There's s new trainer there (male) that I only ever see working with/talking to young females who is clearly in his 40s. I mean, if he can get it, good on him. But, seriously man, even for a dude that goes 3x a week that stuff is getting way bad obvious.

It's based on experience, Cratos. I know exactly what I look like; remember the line from one of the Dirty Harry movies, "A good man always knows his limitations."

I don't try to chat up women at the Gym for the same reason I don't train to run 2:30 Marathons, fight in the UFC or break world records in Powerlifting: the chances of success are so low it's not an efficient investment of time and effort.

I'm polite to women(and men)at the Gym, because good manners cost nothing and bad manners prove nothing. But I'm not going to try and hit on a girl - perhaps I should point out that it's a university Gym and there is a higher than average number of young Hotties - because the odds are I'm going to crash and burn. So I'll have wasted time and, worse, look like a creepy douche bag.

It's clich

2gvo6me.jpg

Reading that makes me sad, bro.

2gvo6me.jpg

Reading that makes me sad, bro.

Lol, Wanderlei actually said in an interview he started fighting because he saw how hot the wife of a fighter was (I think it was Cordero) and the fighter was even uglier than him so he knew if he could fight he could find a beautiful wife.

Point being, if Wanderlei can find a beautiful wife, anyone can.

Lol, Wanderlei actually said in an interview he started fighting because he saw how hot the wife of a fighter was (I think it was Cordero) and the fighter was even uglier than him so he knew if he could fight he could find a beautiful wife.

Peter Crouch was once asked what else he could have been apart from a professional Soccer player. He replied, "A virgin.":icon_lol:

You workout @ lifetime in Tempe? 4SRS. There's s new trainer there (male) that I only ever see working with/talking to young females who is clearly in his 40s. I mean, if he can get it, good on him. But, seriously man, even for a dude that goes 3x a week that stuff is getting way bad obvious.

Nah, I don't train there. It's a Gold's Gym though, so the thing is basically as much as gym as a daytime meeting ground.

Saw this dude today doing slow as fuck high rep snatches with the EZ bar with 40 lbs on there. Seriously, it was like sets of 30.

I trained at a local Crossfit a few days ago (don't judge, they have good equipment) and the coach was trying to help an uncoordinated girl do a handstand against the wall. She spent about 5 minutes just trying to kick her feet up. When she finally got up there, she didn't lock her arms out and she fell on her face really hard.

I looked away really quickly so she wouldn't be embarrassed. Poor girl.

Wanderlei+Silva+Birthday+Post+Fight+Celebration+Fv7tHu1k699l.jpg

Had a girl hogging the chin up bar doing some form of weird kip/swinging your knees up to your waist suspended thing. She was probably trying to work her abs or something.

Normally I'd use another one, but the it's used by a TRX couple (I know), so I politely ask her if I can work my sets in. She agrees, so I go and do my chin ups.

A trainer comes in and start hitting on her pretty badly. He's over 40 and she looks like she would get asked for ID buying alcohol. He fails miserably at trying to get her interested in "free personal training since he's free at the moment". She looks at me and tells him I was helping her out already and it was unnecessary. He looks at me and tells me it's against gym policy to give out advice without being a certified trainer. It keeps going like that for a very awkward length until he finally leaves.

She then tells me this guy has been hitting on her for over a month now and she pretty much told him to leave her alone any and all ways she could think of. She complained to the management and they warned him, but he keeps coming to her with "training advice".

After that, I saw the guy "giving out free training advice" to several young hot 20 something. Whenever he doesn't have a client, he looks for the nearest hottie half his age and have a go at her.

Creepy...

Next time if there is a next time say, whoa, can I have a free session. I need help, then call him out for asking out women half his age only when he rejects you out loud.

Report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back