230lbs x5

Front Squat 5/3/1 Deload

105lbs x5
135lbs x5
155lbs x5

Cardio

20min on the treadmill
20min on the elliptical

Started off on the treadmill trying to get my HR in the target area of 130-150, a brisk walk was leaving me short, so i bumped it up to a really slow jog and it was too fast. So unfortunately for now it seems like my target HR on the treadmill is that really awkward half run half walk, annoying, was making my calves cramp up. So i switched to the elliptical, incline 22, resistance 10, 130-135 steps a minute got me there. Sat at 140 for 20 minutes, was going to go longer but then i told myself not to overdo it in the beginning, 40 minutes is a good launching point

(Father forgive me for what I'm about to post)

inwhite-07-01.jpg

The hell Midmo? Thought I could count on you, haha

5/19/12

30 minutes on treadmill

Going to do my diet here too, don't feel like doing a different log, feel free to call me out on anything, kinda the point. Goal is to be about 2200 cals

5/18/12

Breakfast
5 eggs, 1/2 cup extra egg whites

Snack
English muffin
Peanut butter

Lunch
6oz shrimp
Spaghetti
Tomato sauce
Greek yogurt, 6oz

Snack
Hummus
2 tortillas

Dinner
Shake, 2 scoops protein, 1 cup milk, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, powdered peanut butter

2227 cals, 196 protein

5/19/12

Breakfast
4 eggs over easy
2 pieces low cal toast
1 cup milk

Lunch
8oz skinless salmon
1 cup wild rice
1tbsp olive oil
2 cups saut

5/18/12

Low Bar Squats Madcow Day 1

140lbs x5
160lbs x5
185lbs x5
210lbs x5
230lbs x5

Front Squat 5/3/1 Deload

105lbs x5
135lbs x5
155lbs x5

Cardio

20min on the treadmill
20min on the elliptical

Started off on the treadmill trying to get my HR in the target area of 130-150, a brisk walk was leaving me short, so i bumped it up to a really slow jog and it was too fast. So unfortunately for now it seems like my target HR on the treadmill is that really awkward half run half walk, annoying, was making my calves cramp up. So i switched to the elliptical, incline 22, resistance 10, 130-135 steps a minute got me there. Sat at 140 for 20 minutes, was going to go longer but then i told myself not to overdo it in the beginning, 40 minutes is a good launching point

Madcow! YES!

Well my short term life just changed a lot today

Decided to go canoeing today with a group of friends, there's a river right outside of Nashville. Everything was going great and we were all having a blast

Then we came to the part of the river that has a couple rope swings, ones that I've gone off many many times. Went off of it 3-4 times and then went up to go again, jumped and got a good speed, went to let go of the rope and started falling to the river and the end of the rope where they have a small nylon rope to pull it up got wrapped around my big toe on my right foot. Ended up ripping about 50-60 percent of my toe off. Just got out of surgery about an hour ago to close it up so it can heal

So I'm not going to be doing much lifting in the near future, have to see how the healing process goes. Some good wishes would be appreciated, hopefully it doesn't take me long to be back to relatively normal, thanks S&C brothers

Decided to go canoeing today with a group of friends, there's a river right outside of Nashville. Everything was going great and we were all having a blast

Then we came to the part of the river that has a couple rope swings, ones that I've gone off many many times. Went off of it 3-4 times and then went up to go again, jumped and got a good speed, went to let go of the rope and started falling to the river and the end of the rope where they have a small nylon rope to pull it up got wrapped around my big toe on my right foot. Ended up ripping about 50-60 percent of my toe off. Just got out of surgery about an hour ago to close it up so it can heal

So I'm not going to be doing much lifting in the near future, have to see how the healing process goes. Some good wishes would be appreciated, hopefully it doesn't take me long to be back to relatively normal, thanks S&C brothers

Wow that sounds incredibly painful. Good luck, hopefully that heals up quick

Oh shit! That sounds pretty bad. But I guess it could have been a lot worse. Here's to a speedy recovery.

And as you know, there are loads of things that you'll be able to do once it has settled down a little- bench, z-press/seated overhead press, chins, reverse hypers, back extensions, Glute Ham Raises, leg presses if you are careful only to press with your heels, tricep work, CURLS....

That had to be fucking painful. Keep your head up, and heal fast bud.

This isn't an excuse to cheat eat either, just sayin.

And do lots of curls like jaunty said, and bench. Then some more curls.

WHAT?!!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

How is that even possible? I'm sorry man that sounds rugged. Heal up fast!

Thanks guys, definitely did not feel any kind of good. About how I assumed a toe being ripped off would feel like.

That being said its not going to be an excuse to ditch the diet, and I'm sure I'll be back in the gym before too long doing some toe-friendly exercises.

Appreciate the support though guys

*rethinkings his.pre apocryphal nurse post and signs up to work for the psychic freinds network

This was shudder inducing. Hope it heals up quick man, hate to hear stuff like that happen to anyone. On the bright side, better a toe than a leg or an arm and your lifting ability changes forever.

Back