**official mundials thread**

there is no question that calasans stalled in guard, then he got swept, stood up and ran outta bounds

I think Calasans was probably stalling my point was that they called stalling against him significantly faster than they normally do(he stalled way less than Gui Mendes for example).

As far as ran out of bounds, it looked to me like Otavio forced him out as he attempted to finish.

I hope Romulo wins, it would be good for him to get back on top after lots of disappontment since his injury in 2010, many people said he's done

Stalling calls are beneficial, about time people got punished for this ridiculousness. Although it sounds like the finals are something of a debacle, at least people should know that if they plan on stalling until the end of the fight and then try something in the last 20 seconds ... they will get fucked.

I think Calasans was probably stalling my point was that they called stalling against him significantly faster than they normally do(he stalled way less than Gui Mendes for example).

As far as ran out of bounds, it looked to me like Otavio forced him out as he attempted to finish.

I agree on both counts. There was barely any stalling compared to other matches.

nice!! Romulo gets the takedown and legdrags to side, no guard pass points though

I have to agree with the posts above....to say that there is ANY consistency whatsoever is an absolute joke, both with the stalling and fleeing the mat. Thats a legitimate escape from the takedown and on countless occasions, they haven't called that as two points. The stalling call came after Calasans was in Octavios guard for a minuscule amount of time. Why didn't Bruno get a stalling call against Caio then? I think in fact, people were arguing that Caio was actually stalling when in closed guard. I flat out don't buy the stalling thing anyways. If a guy's stalling in your closed guard and you lose its your own fault. I lost the exact same way at the ADPro Trials and I know that it was entirely my fault. THE WHOLE POINT OF CLOSED GUARD IS TO CONTROL THE PERSON. If you want to be more aggressive then open up the guard and go for stuff. There's no consistency whatsoever.

Would love to see Romulo win another championship after all the setbacks he's encountered.

Edit: Nice!

I have to agree with the posts above....to say that there is ANY consistency whatsoever is an absolute joke, both with the stalling and fleeing the mat. Thats a legitimate escape from the takedown and on countless occasions, they haven't called that as two points. The stalling call came after Calasans was in Octavios guard for a minuscule amount of time. Why didn't Bruno get a stalling call against Caio then? I think in fact, people were arguing that Caio was actually stalling when in closed guard. I flat out don't buy the stalling thing anyways. If a guy's stalling in your closed guard and you lose its your own fault. I lost the exact same way at the ADPro Trials and I know that it was entirely my fault. THE WHOLE POINT OF CLOSED GUARD IS TO CONTROL THE PERSON. If you want to be more aggressive then open up the guard and go for stuff. There's no consistency whatsoever.

Definitely. The fact that some of the refs probably train regularly with Otavio (and now under Ze Radiola) might have something to do with it...Maybe.

Definitely. The fact that some of the refs probably train regularly with Otavio (and now under Ze Radiola) might have something to do with it...Maybe.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the refs aren't GB.....

Octavio was going nuts in guard trying to sweep and make something happen, Calassans was holding down hard, also I have not seen anyone not get points for his opponent fleeing the mat during a sweep\takedown so I don't know where that is coming from

This is the one I've been waiting for. Picking Rodolfo, but interested to see what Xande has in store. He said he knows how to beat him, let's see him prove it!

wow Rodolfo with a double drop seoi nage but Xande recovers both times, one advantage

Back