Pacquiao vs Bradley fight discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seano,

I assume you've been following the sport for a long time now. So you'd be well aware of the corrupted history of the sport.

Do you honestly think this wasn't a fix. Do you honestly think Bradley won the fight? Do you know how many people scored the fight for Bradley? Literally, absolutely no knowledgable boxing mind scored the fight for Bradley.

I know you enjoy going against the grain, sparking debate and being argumentative. But if you honestly think that this fight wasn't a fix then I dont know what to tell you. Absolutely no way Bradley won this fight. This was a blatant fix and for you to not see this is absurd.

That's why he scores it for Bradley.

If anyone wants to talk about the scoring of the fight or similar things, great. I'm not so into the "well you're a fan of this guy so you must be the gayz and hate the pacman! Lets all ignore you."

I know those people just have no other way to defend their view and I have no interest in talking with them.

And I am of the opinion that if people saw only one or two rounds to give Bradley, they weren't really watching the fight.

We both know there are a ton of people on here that post exactly that way so why even both with them. If that is your opinion of people only giving Bradley 2 rounds, fair enough but saying 7-5 either way is the only correct score is absurd to me.

I'm going to do as Bradley suggested and watch the tape again...

Seano,

I assume you've been following the sport for a long time now. So you'd be well aware of the corrupted history of the sport.

Do you honestly think this wasn't a fix. Do you honestly think Bradley won the fight? Do you know how many people scored the fight for Bradley? Literally, absolutely no knowledgable boxing mind scored the fight for Bradley.

I know you enjoy going against the grain, sparking debate and being argumentative. But if you honestly think that this fight wasn't a fix then I dont know what to tell you. Absolutely no way Bradley won this fight. This was a blatant fix and for you to not see this is absurd.

Look, I troll people a lot here but I'm serious as can be in fight RBR threads. I didn't pay attention to anyones score until around the 10th round other than Ledermans scorecard which I just thought was absurd.

At the end of 12 watching the live broadcast, I had a score of 114-114. At that point I noticed that people were quoting me, saying I didn't understand boxing, Pac won every round except maybe one. Suddenly the scores are read and all 3 officials judges have it within one point of my score. Do you think I could have known the judges would score it the way they did? Also from what I understand, other ppv feeds had different commentators who saw a close fight. Posters I know from this site who know boxing pretty well saw a close fight.

I watched the fight a second time and I had it exactly the same except I gave Bradley the 4th when I had given it to Pac on my first viewing.

You can say I'm conceited or whatever you like but I'm going to go ahead and say that people truly don't understand how to score a fight anymore. Compubox has nothing to do with judging. Punching "hard" is not something judges score. There is a difference between aggression and effective aggression. For example, Harold Lederman said Pac was winning the rounds because "he does too much damage with the left hand." What was he basing this on? Bradley was never knocked down. He had no swelling, no cuts. Manny did though.

Its like you watched a different fight.

In the last 10 seconds, Bradley landed a hook that sent Pacquiao back and and overhand that was CLEARLY the best punch of the round. I posted the round a page or two back. See for yourself.

Look, I troll people a lot here but I'm serious as can be in fight RBR threads. I didn't pay attention to anyones score until around the 10th round other than Ledermans scorecard which I just thought was absurd.

At the end of 12 watching the live broadcast, I had a score of 114-114. At that point I noticed that people were quoting me, saying I didn't understand boxing, Pac won every round except maybe one. Suddenly the scores are read and all 3 officials judges have it within one point of my score. Do you think I could have known the judges would score it the way they did? Also from what I understand, other ppv feeds had different commentators who saw a close fight. Posters I know from this site who know boxing pretty well saw a close fight.

I watched the fight a second time and I had it exactly the same except I gave Bradley the 4th when I had given it to Pac on my first viewing.

You can say I'm conceited or whatever you like but I'm going to go ahead and say that people truly don't understand how to score a fight anymore. Compubox has nothing to do with judging. Punching "hard" is not something judges score. There is a difference between aggression and effective aggression. For example, Harold Lederman said Pac was winning the rounds because "he does too much damage with the left hand." What was he basing this on? Bradley was never knocked down. He had no swelling, no cuts. Manny did though.

The judges scored it for Bradley because it was a fix. What was your excuse?

I broke down round 4, I'd be interested in your breakdown of that round.

Manny won that round pretty decisively, landed by far the harder shots and actually hurt Bradley. I have no idea how you think Tim even won the last 10 seconds, not to mind landed the hardest punches of the round, he lands a decent shot on the bell but like most of his punches there didn't seem to be much power behind it.

Follow my profile you will see that i tend to be on the other side of pac arguments atleast when it comes to the floyd negotiations. I would say you dont know how to score shit. That fight wasnt even close, not even a little bit. I think in real life looking at me you would have a hard time keeping a straight face and saying that bradley beat pac. If you did you would only prove you dont know shit about boxing.

:rolleyes:Please, at least pretend to display some rationality and impartiality. My ass you "tend to be on the other side of pac arguments". You are more than likely a humungous Pacfan and nothing else.

Let me explain to you what fights "that aren't even close" look like, and can be reasonably scored 119-108, 118-110, etc:

Hopkins-Pavlik is such a fight. Hopkins-Trinidad is such a fight, even before the KO. Roy Jones-Richard Hall is such a fight. Vitali-Briggs is such a fight. These are examples of one fighter beating another by huge margins represented by scores like 119-108 etc. Good God, and you and others have the delusional nerve to blithely say Pac-Bradley was a similar domination, and that I "would have a hard time keeping a straight face and saying that bradley beat pac". Actually, I would have no problem keeping a straight face exploding the the delusional reality of a Pacfuck. In fact, I may even have a smile on my face as I watch you dissolve into depression...

ah they removed the video. I guarantee you can find it on youtube.

The judges scored it for Bradley because it was a fix. What was your excuse?

Do you have an intelligent question to ask? Or are you just going to keep reading the script?

Manny won that round pretty decisively, landed by far the harder shots and actually hurt Bradley. I have no idea how you think Tim even won the last 10 seconds, not to mind landed the hardest punches of the round, he lands a decent shot on the bell but like most of his punches there didn't seem to be much power behind it.

But you can't judge how powerful a punch is, thats ridiculous. Was it a clean blow or not?

When you really think about ^ that question, you realise a fix wouldn't be in the interest of anyone potentially fixing the fight. Those scores were not a fix, it's how the judges saw the fight.

But you can't judge how powerful a punch is, thats ridiculous. Was it a clean blow or not?

It was.

Honestly the round was close until Bradley spent the entire last minute in survival mode, after which I don't see how anyone could consider it his.

It was.

Honestly the round was close until Bradley spent the entire last minute in survival mode, after which I don't see how anyone could consider it his.

Survival mode?

When you really think about ^ that question, you realise a fix wouldn't be in the interest of anyone potentially fixing the fight. Those scores were not a fix, it's how the judges saw the fight.

Yeah, if only there was some way to profit from knowing the result of a fight before hand.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back