All Title Boxing/MMA Questions 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Wes, just quick few things on some headgear (REALLY want a new pair) :

What do you think about this headgear? Though the price-tag is a bit much, I just wanted to see what your opinion was (I'm very prone to bloody/snore noses):
http://www.titlemma.com/p_TFP+BK.aspx

Also, this is the headgear I have now (would like an opinion, because this is the only headgear I've ever owned):
http://www.titlemma.com/p_TETHG+BK.aspx

Hey Wes, just quick few things on some headgear (REALLY want a new pair) :

What do you think about this headgear? Though the price-tag is a bit much, I just wanted to see what your opinion was (I'm very prone to bloody/snore noses):
http://www.titlemma.com/p_TFP+BK.aspx

Also, this is the headgear I have now (would like an opinion, because this is the only headgear I've ever owned):
http://www.titlemma.com/p_TETHG+BK.aspx

The headgear you have, the TETHG, is your basic run of the mill headgear. Not bad, but not great. It gets the job done.

Now, the TFP face protector headgear is good, but it runs a little big. If you are looking for a good face protector headgear, I recommend waiting till we get the new Title Platinum Paramount Protector Headgear listed on the website. It's modeled similar to the Everlast Savemax.

The headgear you have, the TETHG, is your basic run of the mill headgear. Not bad, but not great. It gets the job done.

Now, the TFP face protector headgear is good, but it runs a little big. If you are looking for a good face protector headgear, I recommend waiting till we get the new Title Platinum Paramount Protector Headgear listed on the website. It's modeled similar to the Everlast Savemax.

Okay, thanks for clarifying Wes.

Will there be any more title mma instructional dvds being released in the future?

Hey Wes, I'm excited to see Fairtex @ Title now. My question would be is the gear direct from Thailand or does Title have the rights to make it like with Twins?

Hey Wes, I'm excited to see Fairtex @ Title now. My question would be is the gear direct from Thailand or does Title have the rights to make it like with Twins?

Yeah, I was wondering this as well.

Both Twins and Fairtex gear is made at the original factory. There are a few TITLE products that Twins produces for us, but we do not produce any of the gear the the TWINS label on it.

Hi Wes,please give us your thoughts on the Adidas Super Pro headgear regarding visibility,slipping and impact absorbtion. How thick is the cheeck pads? Does it leave the nose wide open like some headgears or do they come close together. How do this headgear compare to the title platinum? Which of the 2 offer better nose protection and impact absorbtion? I have never worn a headgear with chin protection,is the headgear allright or must I rather go for the platinum with normal chin strap? Regards.

Hi Wes,please give us your thoughts on the Adidas Super Pro headgear regarding visibility,slipping and impact absorbtion. How thick is the cheeck pads? Does it leave the nose wide open like some headgears or do they come close together. How do this headgear compare to the title platinum? Which of the 2 offer better nose protection and impact absorbtion? I have never worn a headgear with chin protection,is the headgear allright or must I rather go for the platinum with normal chin strap? Regards.

Alright, I'm going to rate both headgear in each area you asked about and give you a little description:

Adidas Super Pro:------------Category:------------Title Platinum:

8---------Impact Absorption-----------7

7-------------Visibility-----------------8

7---------------Fit--------------------8

8-----Cheek protection Thickness------7​

The Adidas Super Pro headgear is a very good headgear when it comes to impact absobrption. Punches seem to "Bounce" off of it. I realize that sounds weird. You'll have to see for yourself. The visibility is ok, but mainly suffers because the cheeks are fairly thick. It has a good fit considering it's a full face headgear and the liner helps to keep it from slipping and the lace up top is always the best way to go.

The Platinum Traditional Headgear also has great padding, but falls just short of the Adidas. It has better visibilty, but again, that's becase the cheek padding isn't as thick. The fit is good, the liner isn't quite as good as the Adidas, but it's not terribly slippery. Lace top just like the Adidas. Chin strap also helps keep it snug.

Both Twins and Fairtex gear is made at the original factory. There are a few TITLE products that Twins produces for us, but we do not produce any of the gear the the TWINS label on it.

Cool thanks for the clarification, I guess there was some confusion from the Twins stuff Title sells. With the label saying TitleMMA.com instead of Twinsspecial.com

Thanks Wes. If my head measures 23 inches what size will I take in the Adidas super pro.

Cool thanks for the clarification, I guess there was some confusion from the Twins stuff Title sells. With the label saying TitleMMA.com instead of Twinsspecial.com

Yeah, Twins typically will make small additions to their logo patches depending on which distributor is purchasing them.

Hi! I've got a few questions if you wouldn't mind.. I'm a dentist, so protecting my hands and wrists is of the utmost importance to me. I'm 6'4" 300 lb and looking back down to 225 (my football playing weight). I used to hit the heavy bag for exercise in college and loved it. Just started at a boxing gym and wanna get some equipment for my house. I plan on taping my wrists prior to using wraps under my gloves and a gel knuckle fuard under wraps. I'm not going to spar. Strictly mitt work and bag work. My question is, if price is no object, what is the best gear setup I can get to protect my hands / wrists? I want the lowest impact money can buy. My research has led me to 16 oz Velcro winning gloves (will these stand up to bag work? Am I better off with something else with better wrist support? Heavy bag (180 lb liquishock foam and water bag under filled for softness. Is softstrike lower impact? Should I go smaller? For mitts, I'm thinking the adidas air pads.. Look nice and soft.. I want looooow impact.. What are the best wraps to use for my goal of maximum safety? Mexican style or regular? Thank you in advance.... Sorry for the long post:)

Thanks Wes. If my head measures 23 inches what size will I take in the Adidas super pro.

Probably a medium. My head's 23 inches and I take a medium in their AIBA headguard, though the large fits pretty well too just isn't quite as snug

Hey Wes,
Do you have a list of the gear Twins makes for you?
I've had good luck with Thai brands in the past and wanted to see if these products would be cheaper than buying Thai directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back