Wow, Lloyd Irvin students accused of brutal rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably just hoping the fire will die down a little.

As an experiment I went on facebook and posted a question to Lloyd's page about whether he was going to respond to the allegations. Within seconds the post was gone and I was blocked.

lol. join us....

Hey, I did a pretty wonderful job of lurking during my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep those post numbers low thank you very much.

But, at least my posts are in f12 lately not f2

ok now this is weird, fb back up: "Keenan Just Landed In Brazil This Morning To Take On The Giants at The Copa Podio Tournament. How do you think Keenan will do? Do you think that he will shock some people?"

with a pic of keenan and jimmy.

is he really going to act like nothing happened?

His personal FB isn't back up... just the fan page.

Any link to his fb? It don't show up when I search.

Nm, found it.

Why?

Seriously, what is he going to say or do that's going to satisfy anybody?

You've been one of the more reasonable voices in the line of discussion. What would it take from him to make things okay in your book?

Now what do you think it would take for him to satisfy someone with a really strong opinion, like dead stick?

Is anything really ever going to make this okay? Really?

I thought about this too.

Plus, everyone in this thread is caught up and thinks "OMG EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS" but really, most people that train BJJ aren't on the forums and probably have no idea about his rape case.

Now that we know he is blocking people (which is a sound tactic, I must say) I think his strategy is just to ignore it. Making a statement is just going to let more people know about it.

I can't even say I blame him as this is the best way for him to protect his image. However if the local news outlets pick this up I really wonder how they will treat it. Part of me thinks they will dismiss it, and part of me thinks they love sensationalism and will run with it.

You're right though - from his point of view issuing any statement now will do far more damage than good.

As an experiment I went on facebook and posted a question to Lloyd's page about whether he was going to respond to the allegations. Within seconds the post was gone and I was blocked.

Well, you'd think if he were going to respond to them, he'd at least be in the process of working with his lawyer on what he should/shouldn't say.

His, butthurt-esque (new word, go me) response suggests that he's not going to speak on the matter.

I actually think with the way the BJJ community has acted in the past chasing down stories and grinding down like a bulldog, him keeping his mouth shut would be worse long term than just explaining it was a mistake, and he's been working for the last 22+ years to make up for said mistake. He could easily sway that into a "I became focused on MA's solely to prevent something like that from ever happening again, and I am deeply hurt that this type of event were to happen in association with my training facility"

Wow that was fast...but not surprising.

Maybe he doesnt want to say anything for legal matters. Anybody studying law here?
Maybe he feels he cannot make a statement about the New Years attack but there's nothing to stop him clearing things up about his past.

Plus, everyone in this thread is caught up and thinks "OMG EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS" but really, most people that train BJJ aren't on the forums and probably have no idea about his rape case.

Now that we know he is blocking people (which is a sound tactic, I must say) I think his strategy is just to ignore it. Making a statement is just going to let more people know about it.

I can't even say I blame him as this is the best way for him to protect his image. However if the local news outlets pick this up I really wonder how they will treat it. Part of me thinks they will dismiss it, and part of me thinks they love sensationalism and will run with it.

You're right though - from his point of view issuing any statement now will do far more damage than good.

I know a couple other BJJ outlets have mentioned it too, and a lot of more known BJJ people. IE: Ctrl Industries, Grappling Weekly, Mckenzie Dern etc...

Let's see how fast LI deletes any comment referring to his past rape case. Mine lasted about a minute and a half, now I'm blocked. But someone else picked up right after mine.

I posted this on the pic of Keenan asking if he would shock people today:

"He shocked me when he told police that his rapist friends were nice guys.... I bet he knew the girl, too, what a worthless piece of shit! Get tapped out today! I'm never cheering for you again, you should have denounced those assholes the minute they were accused of something so heinous... now I just have to assume your another practitioner under LLoyd who thinks rape is okay!"

It went down within a minute... Oh well.

I disagree. He's a fool to think this will just go away. This will follow him everywhere now. He needs to clearly say, "wasn't me" or "i'm a changed man making up for my mistakes." Either will be better than this.

I posted this on the pic of Keenan asking if he would shock people today:

"He shocked me when he told police that his rapist friends were nice guys.... I bet he knew the girl, too, what a worthless piece of shit! Get tapped out today! I'm never cheering for you again, you should have denounced those assholes the minute they were accused of something so heinous... now I just have to assume your another practitioner under LLoyd who thinks rape is okay!"

It went down within a minute... Oh well.

Your comment was right after mine. I actually sent a message to your "other folder (what the hell is that) thanking you. Should have known you were on here...

Now another article to link to...its not going away soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back