PBP UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:30pm PT/ 6:30pm ET/ 11:30pm

Pretty much agree. That fight wasn't boo-worthy, not to me. Schaub is being smart by not allowing himself to stand up and get KO'ed. If Lavar can't wrestle, that's his problem. Wrestling dictates where the fight goes, and since Schaub was the superior wrestler, he wins the fight.

It's not boo-worthy to go for takedowns the whole fight - against a stronger striker with zero grappling - just to lay on him and "stay busy"???

Schaub is scared to strike with the bigger guy? OK, then take him down and try to submit him or look for another profession for fucks sake.
Schaub needs to get cut next, along with Guida.
Fuck this shit, it's like going to your office job and spending the whole day on the toilet, you should get fired.

If ronda loses ill spend a week living in my college library

Starting to think? Do you live under a rock?

WTF.

Rogan smokes at his free time yes. No news.

If Rogan smokes during the shows, we'll i doubt that will be popular.

But I'm starting to think about it after his recent speech.

Did Joe just call Ronda the best Judo practitioner in MMA?

images

YUP...

I remember when everyone use to shit and laugh at mauro for calling hendo's punch H bomb

Unified Rules gotta be corrected/tweeked: more strict definition of "Timidity"

Schaub's "tactics" are the perfect reason why it needs to happen.

This. When the guy on the bottom is throwing more strikes than you, manages to bust YOU open, and your only offense is a couple of choke attempts, you ought to be docked.

It's not boo-worthy to go for takedowns the whole fight - against a stronger striker with zero grappling - just to lay on him and "stay busy"???

Schaub is scared to strike with the bigger guy? OK, then take him down and try to submit him or look for another profession for fucks sake.
Schaub needs to get cut next, along with Guida.
Fuck this shit, it's like going to your office job and spending the whole day on the toilet, you should get fired.

Then cut Lavar, too, because he's the other side of that coin: the guy who needs to avoid the TD, or look for another profession. This showed strictly wrestling > strictly striking.

What do you want him to do? He's tried to finish it on the ground with subs. Schaub is a chinny guy with a decent ground game against a one dimensional brawler who has finished almost all of his wins by KO.

Schaub is fighting smart, not his fault Lavar has a shit ground game.

I get why he did it, Lavar is like a turtle on his back.

Schaub has power and should've worked his ground and pound instead he just held position for a majority of the fight.

Back