Fedor fans check out this New Awesome HL

And they was the only two legit wins, toughest tests he had his entire career. Coleman and Schilt were good wins as well but not Nog and Mirko level in MMA. I like Fedor but it's silly labeling him the GOAT, when Anderson Silva has done a lot more career wise.

There's always one.

Suffice it to say that this forum holds Fedor higher than Anderson by a wide margin according to a recent poll of GOAT candidates. And even a Brazilian MMA forum had Fedor as GOAT.

This in spite of the entire Zuffa hype machine selling Anderson for all they're worth! Without that hype there would be no discussion who's GOAT.

Fedor, a small HW, fought the most dangerous men on the planet and was undefeated for a decade. Anderson could easily have done what Shogun, Wand, Hendo and Machida did and fight at LHW.

Instead he took the easiest path at MW. The smart thing to do, but not the stuff of a P4P GOAT.

Also, I love the inclusion of JCVD in stalker mode.

There's always one.

Suffice it to say that this forum holds Fedor higher than Anderson by a wide margin according to a recent poll of GOAT candidates. And even a Brazilian MMA forum had Fedor as GOAT.

This in spite of the entire Zuffa hype machine selling Anderson for all they're worth! Without that hype there would be no discussion who's GOAT.

Fedor, a small HW, fought the most dangerous men on the planet and was undefeated for a decade. Anderson could easily have done what Shogun, Wand, Hendo and Machida did and fight at LHW.

Instead he took the easiest path at MW. The smart thing to do, but not the stuff of a P4P GOAT.

Jesus christ.. enough with this "small HW" shit. It's been proven that being smaller in the HW division is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

The Pride hype machine has Fedor facing guys with 0 wins on their record and fighters that had absolutely no business being in the ring with Fedor. Such as Zulu, Nagata, Fujita, etc...

Anderson took the easiest path? Really? He started as a WW, beat the #1 P4P at the time in Sakurai, and then went up in weight to MW and became #1 and #1 p4p. Then after that, he proceeded to destroy a top 5 LHW and ex champion in one round.

Anderson has more top 10 wins than Fedor and fought consistently better competition.

Once Fedor actually started consistently facing top guys in his own weight class, he lost.

Sigh this crap again, always the insecure people turning any fedor/Anderson thread into shit.

Jesus christ.. enough with this "small HW" shit. It's been proven that being smaller in the HW division is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

The Pride hype machine has Fedor facing guys with 0 wins on their record and fighters that had absolutely no business being in the ring with Fedor. Such as Zulu, Nagata, Fujita, etc...

Anderson took the easiest path? Really? He started as a WW, beat the #1 P4P at the time in Sakurai, and then went up in weight to MW and became #1 and #1 p4p. Then after that, he proceeded to destroy a top 5 LHW and ex champion in one round.

Anderson has more top 10 wins than Fedor and fought consistently better competition.

Once Fedor actually started consistently facing top guys in his own weight class, he lost.

Ok we can play this game.. Lietes, leben irvin, oh and I will add that fedor never loss to anyone outside top 10. I would go on but you get the point.

Ok we can play this game.. Lietes, leben irvin, oh and I will add that fedor never loss to anyone outside top 10. I would go on but you get the point.

When was Hendo top 10 at HW? Never. He was handpicked by Fedor's team and Fedor still lost in the first round.

jesus christ.. Enough with this "small hw" shit. It's been proven that being smaller in the hw division is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

The pride hype machine has fedor facing guys with 0 wins on their record and fighters that had absolutely no business being in the ring with fedor. Such as zulu, nagata, fujita, etc...

Anderson took the easiest path? Really? He started as a ww, beat the #1 p4p at the time in sakurai, and then went up in weight to mw and became #1 and #1 p4p. Then after that, he proceeded to destroy a top 5 lhw and ex champion in one round.

Anderson has more top 10 wins than fedor and fought consistently better competition.

Once fedor actually started consistently facing top guys in his own weight class, he lost.
he didnt fight nagata in pride

and fujita was 12-3 at the time 2 losses 2 mirko one by a cut the other loss to mark coleman in the pride gp semi-finals in which his corner threw in the towel before the fight even started so as to simply collect the fight purse as he was injured from the previous fight where he has just beaten mark "the titan" kerr the most feared hw at the time

anyways continue

Yeah, I'm going to have to ask you to redo your "research" there, buddy.

The verdict's in from the hardcore fans that make up this forum and collectively know more than you do: Fedor's GOAT, by a wide margin. The casual fans might believe the Anderson hype better.

And Anderson is also smarter than you: He knew his limitations well and avoided good LHW strikers and wrestlers like the plague.

he didnt fight nagata in pride

and fujita was 12-3 at the time 2 losses 2 mirko one by a cut the other loss to mark coleman in the pride gp semi-finals in which his corner threw in the towel before the fight even started so as to simply collect the fight purse as he was injured from the previous fight where he has just beaten mark "the titan" kerr the most feared hw at the time

anyways continue

Still a Japanese promotion.

The fact that Mark Kerr was the most feared man at HW at the time speaks volumes about the state of the HW division at that time.

Yeah, I'm going to have to ask you to redo your "research" there, buddy.

The verdict's in from the hardcore fans that make up this forum and collectively know more than you do: Fedor's GOAT, by a wide margin. The casual fans might believe the Anderson hype better.

And Anderson is also smarter than you: He knew his limitations well and avoided good LHW strikers and wrestlers like the plague.

The hardcore fans that make up the forum... hahaha. Sherdog is infested with Pride fanatics that no doubt watch Pride dvds every day of their lives. You were fooled by Pride to believe that Fedor was invincible and the greatest. Being casual has nothing to do with it. Anderson never dodged a fight promotion, he never hand picked someone from a weight class below to fight, and never fought anyone with 0 wins in MMA.

Oh really? Is that why at the time that Silva beat him, Griffin had just beaten the two best strikers at LHW in Shogun/Rampage? :icon_chee

There's always one.

Peoples opinions don't mean anything to me. It's all subjective to their favorite fighters, and they are blinded by actual facts.

While Fedor dominating HW was impressive, I'll repeat and quote what I've already said: "What legitimate, top wins has Fedor got, other than Cro Cop and Nog?"

At the time, Schilt and Coleman were good wins as well, but not top wins by any means. The time Fedor fought Coleman the first time, Coleman had already reached his physical peak winning the Pride GP. When he fought Fedor a whole 4 years later, his best win out of two was Don Frye (who had completely fallen off by then himself).

HMC, Zulu, MW Lindland, Hunt with zero ground game, Sylvia and Arlovski who's careers were practically dead at the time, Rogers, LHW Arona, MW Sobral, Goodridge, Nagata, Herring, Fujita are all mediocre wins, at the time he fought them.

It's a joke to compare that career to Anderson Silva's who up until Weidman, in the UFC - the biggest MMA org in the world, went 16 - 0, most successful and consecutive title defenses. A top 10 ten fighter in 3 different weight classes, most finishes in UFC title fights, most finishes in UFC history, most consecutive wins in the UFC, tied GSP for most wins in UFC title fights. Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%), most knockdowns landed in UFC history, tied Chuck and Randy for third most wins in the UFC, longest UFC title reign.

Moved up in weight, KO'd and embarrassed former champ Griffin who was coming off of back to back wins over Shogun and Rampage, third man to ever submit Hendo (a man who beat Fedor), the Nogs are the others to do it first. First man to legitimately stop Belfort. First man to stop Okami with strikes, second man to stop Franklin, Machida was the first. First man to stop Marquardt, first man to stop Leben, first man to stop Bonnar due to strikes.

And the way he did things in there, Fedor can't hold a candle to. Flying knee KO's, front kick KO's, upward elbow KO's, upkick KO's, head kick KO's.

Fedor was a great fighter, but Anderson is GOAT.

Last edited:
There's no other fighter where I've been so nervous to watch fight. He was so exciting and never really played it super safe.

Anderson surpassed Fedors accomplishments awhile ago, and is much more talented as well.

Anderson would've needed to do what he did at LHW to surpass Fedor's accomplishments. Anderson was a big MW. As soon as he started fighting decent-to-great fighters who were his own size he struggled (Sonnen and Weidman). Anderson's losses are also worse than Fedor's. And he has more of them. Fedor was a natural LHW fighting at HW.

To keep a perfect streak for so long at HW, where every punch can knock you out, is amazing, especially when you factor in Fedor's often fighting to his opponents strengths. Even Cain couldn't do it.

I wish the Barnett fight would have happened. Fedor would of beaten his ass too. Wanderlei will always be my favourite fighter but I dammit I loved watching fedor fight

What I'll never be able to comprehend is how this guy never showed any emotion under any circumstance in the ring. Yet he fought like such a savage.

Anderson would've needed to do what he did at LHW to surpass Fedor's accomplishments. Anderson was a big MW. As soon as he started fighting decent-to-great fighters who were his own size he struggled (Sonnen and Weidman). Anderson's losses are also worse than Fedor's. And he has more of them. Fedor was a natural LHW fighting at HW.

To keep a perfect streak for so long at HW, where every punch can knock you out, is amazing, especially when you factor in Fedor's often fighting to his opponents strengths. Even Cain couldn't do it.

Anderson started out at WW and beat the number one P4P fighter at the time in Hayato Sakurai, he then moved up in weight to where he felt comfortable and dominated. Fedor was number one in the weakest division of MMA. HW has always been the weakest in MMA, and that's fact. And if you look at my post a few posts above this one, I explained Fedors best wins in full detail. His competition is not even comparable to Andersons competition in MMA.

Anderson Silva's who up until Weidman, in the UFC - the biggest MMA org in the world, went 16 - 0, most successful and consecutive title defenses. A top 10 ten fighter in 3 different weight classes, most finishes in UFC title fights, most finishes in UFC history, most consecutive wins in the UFC, tied GSP for most wins in UFC title fights. Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%), most knockdowns landed in UFC history, tied Chuck and Randy for third most wins in the UFC, longest UFC title reign.

Moved up in weight, KO'd and embarrassed former champ Griffin who was coming off of back to back wins over Shogun and Rampage, third man to ever submit Hendo (a man who beat Fedor), the Nogs are the others to do it first. First man to legitimately stop Belfort. First man to stop Okami with strikes, second man to stop Franklin, Machida was the first. First man to stop Marquardt, first man to stop Leben, first man to stop Bonnar due to strikes.

All that and still less titles, less wins & more losses than Fedor. Guess who Machida, Randy & Anderson thinks is the goat? Not arguing with you at this point, Anderson and Fedor are the top two candidates for Goat, and since Anderson is still fighting & Fedor is retired, theres a good chance Anderson will go down as the Goat when he's retired. Theres still other less famous people out there with tons of wins like Severn & Igor.

Peoples opinions don't mean anything to me. It's all subjective to their favorite fighters, and they are blinded by actual facts.

While Fedor dominating HW was impressive, I'll repeat and quote what I've already said: "What legitimate, top wins has Fedor got, other than Cro Cop and Nog?"

At the time, Schilt and Coleman were good wins as well, but not top wins by any means. The time Fedor fought Coleman the first time, Coleman had already reached his physical peak winning the Pride GP. When he fought Fedor a whole 4 years later, his best win out of two was Don Frye (who had completely fallen off by then himself).

HMC, Zulu, MW Lindland, Hunt with zero ground game, Sylvia and Arlovski who's careers were practically dead at the time, Rogers, LHW Arona, MW Sobral, Goodridge, Nagata, Herring are all mediocre wins, at the time he fought them.

It's a joke to compare that career to Anderson Silva's who up until Weidman, in the UFC - the biggest MMA org in the world, went 16 - 0, most successful and consecutive title defenses. A top 10 ten fighter in 3 different weight classes, most finishes in UFC title fights, most finishes in UFC history, most consecutive wins in the UFC, tied GSP for most wins in UFC title fights. Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%), most knockdowns landed in UFC history, tied Chuck and Randy for third most wins in the UFC, longest UFC title reign.

Moved up in weight, KO'd and embarrassed former champ Griffin who was coming off of back to back wins over Shogun and Rampage, third man to ever submit Hendo (a man who beat Fedor), the Nogs are the others to do it first. First man to legitimately stop Belfort. First man to stop Okami with strikes, second man to stop Franklin, Machida was the first. First man to stop Marquardt, first man to Leben, first man to stop Bonnar due to strikes.

And the way he did things in there, Fedor couldn't hold a torch to. Flying knee KO's, front kick KO's, upward elbow KO's, upkick KO's, head kick KO's.

Fedor was a great fighter, but Anderson is GOAT.

You need to do better research about where these fighters were at in their careers at the time. Even Herring was a very highly regarded contender at the time he fought Fedor - how do you not know this?

The UFC was NOT the best org for a good chunk of time. Fedor fought the very elite of UFC:s HWs of his own era in Arlovski and Sylvia and destroyed them. Piss all over them if you like, it just shows you don't know your history. Or maybe you do and just chose to misrepresent it.

Anderson started out at WW and beat the number one P4P fighter at the time in Hayato Sakurai, he then moved up in weight to where he felt comfortable and dominated. Fedor was number one in the weakest division of MMA. HW has always been the weakest in MMA, and that's fact. And if you look at my post a few posts above this one, I explained Fedors best wins in full detail. His competition is not even comparable to Andersons competition in MMA.

UFC HW, yes, but UFC MW has been historically weak too. Either way you cut it, HW is the hardest division to achieve a long streak in, because it's the most dangerous division.

Anderson always had huge reach advantage on his opponents at MW. When he didn't, he got knocked out standing by a grappler.

Back