RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

She said to the camera
"it is a head coaches responsibility & she failed to do that & instead of admitting that she through it all on her fighter"

That is why I made the thread. I wondered if others thought that was a true statement or not

Can be taken in too ways, I agree it was the fighters fault, but Tate did throw him under the bus. Tate should have taken some responsibility for it, thats what coaches do, but I dont think she coaches much so we can all give her a break.

Can be taken in too ways, I agree it was the fighters fault, but Tate did throw him under the bus. Tate should have taken some responsibility for it, thats what coaches do, but I dont think she coaches much so we can all give her a break.

My point for the thread was
Is it a coaches responsibility or not?

& early on that was answered by a lot (before the WK's came in talking about Tate's hair lol)

Also Tate did take some responsibility in the meeting with Dana, first words were "I am sorry" & Dana then took the blame off her
She also never called Cody "pathetic", but said the situation was
I certainly can see some thinking she "threw him under the bus", but it was not the way RR described it, IMO

Edit: What I am taking away from this thread & the valued opinions of those without an agenda, is in a real camp it is part of the coaches responsibility. This is not a real camp though & as much as there are "teams" it is every fighter for himself.
A fighter asked to coach a 6 week camp on one day's notice should not be responsible as a babysitter too

My point for the thread was
Is it a coaches responsibility or not?

& early on that was answered by a lot (before the WK's came in talking about Tate's hair lol)

Also Tate did take some responsibility in the meeting with Dana, first words were "I am sorry" & Dana then took the blame off her
She also never called Cody "pathetic", but said the situation was
I certainly can see some thinking she "threw him under the bus", but it was not the way RR described it, IMO

Edit: What I am taking away from this thread & the valued opinions of those without an agenda, is in a real camp it is part of the coaches responsibility. This is not a real camp though & as much as there are "teams" it is every fighter for himself.
A fighter asked to coach a 6 week camp on one day's notice should not be responsible as a babysitter too

So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.

In a podcast Sarah said that Meisha & staff payed so much attention to Cody trying to make weight that she felt slighted, but then said that she felt Tate & Caraway should have been more militant towards him & forcing him back in sauna, etc.

Same podcast, Josh said the coaches did everything they could do & disagreed that Tate/BC could have done more. He said Cody had his mind made up & quit

Interesting to hear both sides from teammates

Ronda is right for blaming Miesha. If Miesha would've just given him a lap dance, he would've came, and that would've been the final 5 lbs right there. She could have done more.

What direction is this thread going? I dont' think it's Miesha's fault her fighter didn't make weight. We all watched as he gained weight after sitting in the sauna, how he gave different weights to people and simply gave up. Miesha did everything she could to get him to drop the weight. What else was she to do? She can't force him into the Sauna or Salt bath. If something happens to him medically, she could be liable.

As far as throwing him under the bus, she probably should have bit her tongue a bit, but it wasn't how Ronda made it sound like. Like others said, she never said he was pathetic, she said the situation was. Wasn't it? He gained 2 pounds after an hour in the sauna. She probably should have held back her frustrations a bit, but you could tell she was disappointed.

What she said wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't merely as bad as Ronda made it out to be.

i knew this was somehow juliana's fault! with her annoying british accent.

Remember the time when Cody accused Jullianna of revealing the desired match up of their team to Rousey's team? In other words, Jullianna purposely made her cooking taste so good so her teammates will eat more than they needed and make them miss their weight cut!!! It all makes sense now!!!

Jullianna: "Just as planned...huehuehuehue"

I'm not surprised. My opinion of RR has changed quite a bit after seeing her on this show. For some reason, to hear her tell it, everything Miesha does is wrong.

So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.

everyone with atleast half a brain understand that tate and caraway weren't responsible for him missing weight. as frankie said ,apparently in a podcast, sarah moras said that they tried everything and paid enough attention to cody that she felt neglected. and josh said they did everything in their power to make it happen.

fighters opinions who were there>your opinion

if your claiming that tate and caraway are responsible for him making weight what to you propose they do? move into the house because cody, a grown man, refuses to stop eating ice cream and getting drunk with anthony while preparing for a fight?

Ronda is just being irrational. Quitting and not making weight is something you would think Ronda would denounce based on her competitive attitude. I think Miesha was really agreeing with Dana, rather than throwing Cody under the bus. Louis Fisette brought up a great point in a interview pretty much saying Cody wasted the UFC's time, money, and obviously someone else's shot. It's not hard to see why Miesha and Dana said what they did...and they were right in my book.

Ronda is just being irrational. Quitting and not making weight is something you would think Ronda would denounce based on her competitive attitude. I think Miesha was really agreeing with Dana, rather than throwing Cody under the bus. Louis Fisette brought up a great point in a interview pretty much saying Cody wasted the UFC's time, money, and obviously someone else's shot. It's not hard to see why Miesha and Dana said what they did...and they were right in my book.

Miesha also wasted her #1 pick on him & she actually sat in the sauna with him
I add that to her frustration

If anyone's it's Dana's fault.
He accepted a 145er to a 135er tournament.

Ronda probably blames Miesha for the US Government shutdown, world war 2 , cancer, etc

It's not black and white. Coaches should be encouraging their fighters to push through, but there is a limit to what they can do. I think Meisha more than met any reasonable expectations. Nothing else she could have done is something she should have had to.

I'm not a fan of fighters going within an inch of death to make weight anyways. I wish guys would just fight in a bracket they can make comfortably. Being a huge opportunity that comes around once in a while for a specific weight class or classes, TUF is quite conducive to this kind of thing happening.

It's not black and white. Coaches should be encouraging their fighters to push through, but there is a limit to what they can do. I think Meisha more than met any reasonable expectations. Nothing else she could have done is something she should have had to.

I'm not a fan of fighters going within an inch of death to make weight anyways. I wish guys would just fight in a bracket they can make comfortably. Being a huge opportunity that comes around once in a while for a specific weight class or classes, TUF is quite conducive to this kind of thing happening.

Great post

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back