Glory 16: Denver PPV on June 21 - PREDICTIONS Ghi vs. Verhoeven HW Title

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Confirmed!!! The Glory Heavyweight Title belt on the line, Schilt has vacated it. Between Daniel Ghiță ranked No.1 in the world, and Rico Verhoeven ranked No.2 in the world (Liverkick has Ghiță #2 and Rico #1). 5 rounds of kickboxing (!), it"s the main event of the first Glory PPV which also stars the Last Man Standing Tournament - also for a championship, the middleweight one.

27y48wk.jpg

35 bucks is the cost of it.

Last edited:
That's my boy :icon_chee Ghita for the victory ! But this will be hard. 50-50. I hope we will see more low kicks and middle kicks from Ghita this time around. His low kicks were criminal few years ago.

Last edited:
I can tell you, Trevor, just save money! :D Ghiță wins this, he"s motivated!

Is Schilt retired? Or has he been out with injury, or something else? (I don't follow closely)

I can tell you, Trevor, just save money! :D Ghiță wins this, he"s motivated!

For the good of kickboxing, Ghita should win this. He acutally is a KO artist with huge ko power. IT's way more exciting to watch Ghita than Rico.

Is Schilt retired? Or has he been out with injury, or something else? (I don't follow closely)

He (alledgedly) has some heart condition. I'm not sure if he actually ever confirmed it or that he is officially retired but very much seems he is.

For the good of kickboxing, Ghita should win this. He acutally is a KO artist with huge ko power. IT's way more exciting to watch Ghita than Rico.

I do hope Ghita wins. He still has time but I feel like if he doesn't win the title in the next couple years then the competition and his age will start to catch up and lessen his chances to ever win it. He is such a great fighter and I don't want to see him end up in a Le Banner type situatian as a great who never managed to win the major gp/title.

+Verhoeven already won it and he is still young and has more time and the future is looking very bright for him.

He (alledgedly) has some heart condition. I'm not sure if he actually ever confirmed it or that he is officially retired but very much seems he is.

K, ty. That sucks, but thanks for the info.

i hope Rico wins this.he is a better poster boy for glory a nice guy you can talk to.
but the only way he can win if the fight goes the distance.
on the other hand Ghita does deserve it a bit more,always nice to watch finishers

Well, everyone knows my choice :)
I'm sad he didn't win the first time, he had an ... interesting fight strategy, one that i didn't see him use before. He usually is very calculated, stalking for the right time and the right shots. In the first fight with Verhoeven he worked non stop, i don't think he's thrown so many shots in any of his fights before. Problem is that he is not used to that, so he eventually faded and lacked the power to do damage.

I don't think he will make the same mistake twice and he will KO Rico just as he did in training (if the rumors are to be believed).

Well, everyone knows my choice :)
I'm sad he didn't win the first time, he had an ... interesting fight strategy, one that i didn't see him use before. He usually is very calculated, stalking for the right time and the right shots. In the first fight with Verhoeven he worked non stop, i don't think he's thrown so many shots in any of his fights before. Problem is that he is not used to that, so he eventually faded and lacked the power to do damage.

I don't think he will make the same mistake twice and he will KO Rico just as he did in training (if the rumors are to be believed).

it's not a mistake....it's rico's ability to keep working and put pressure on his opponent

ghita has a chance if he knocks verhoeven out in the first 2 or three rounds.....if it goes the distance, then I don't think Ghita will win. I'm pulling for a decision victory for verhoeven

but heavyweight sucks and it wouldn't mean that much. As long as Hari fights outside of Glory, Saki and Spong stay at LHW and all the big names are retired.....there are hardly any contenders for that belt

so this fight is probably one of the least fiughts I'm looking forward to from that night, somehwat meaningless even though it's a title fight

Bleah, bleah, Saki ran away after he lost to Verhoeven. I like Spong but he"s somehow untested as a HW. KO is written all over! I don"t think Ghiță will not pressure now in the first three rounds. When Spong will move up again, I want to see him against Zimmerman first! Ghiță is no Schilt (the biggest in history), but Spong and Saki are also not Schilt. And in the case of Saki, he won controversially. About Hari, whose fault is it that he isn"t in Glory? Totally his fault, not to mention the PEDs found at his apartment. Of course, he can"t prove that those belonged to him. Badr stated that they belonged to his roommates. We"ll never know if Hari is better than Ghiță or Verhoeven if he doesn"t come to fight! CLEAN. You can anticipate but this doesn"t mean you"re right.

Bleah, bleah, Saki ran away after he lost to Verhoeven. I like Spong but he"s somehow untested as a HW. KO is written all over! I don"t think Ghiță will not pressure now in the first three rounds. When Spong will move up again, I want to see him against Zimmerman first! Ghiță is no Schilt (the biggest in history), but Spong and Saki are also not Schilt. And in the case of Saki, he won controversially. About Hari, whose fault is it that he isn"t in Glory? Totally his fault, not to mention the PEDs found at his apartment. Of course, he can"t prove that those belonged to him. Badr stated that they belonged to his roommates. We"ll never know if Hari is better than Ghiță or Verhoeven if he doesn"t come to fight! CLEAN. You can anticipate but this doesn"t mean you"re right.

RAN AWAY FROM WHO?

the nr 1 ranked ghita who he beat twice......once at the biggest stage thinkable, wgp k1 and the second time he knocked him senseless with a flurry of punches

yes, he runs away from ghita and verhoeven to fight a p4p great in Spong

you're hanging from the nutsacks of romanian fighters my friend, saki doesn't run from guys like verhoeven and ghita

Saki lost to Verhoeven, but your Moroccan ass can"t give respect to the Netherlands and to a fighter who represents the country (Verhoeven) and is more Dutchman than Turkish Saki! Then I agree with Saki being a bit better in their first fight in K-1, even though that one was a close decision. An extra round. In Istanbul it was very controversial! Of course you remember just the flurry against a hurt opponent (Ghiță) after the illegal sweep of Saki. You can"t be objective, don"t you? You would fail your exams in school for this judgement. Sorry. What if this would have happened to you? If there are rules, you respect them.

I personally don"t dislike your opinions Brock very much, sometimes some are harsh but I can understand them too. You"re critical and you recognize only the value. But here you don"t have right!

Saki fought against a lot of big fighters. He is pure heart, no way for him to run away. The guy is a beast. He was better than Ghita in those two fights. But Ghita can easily win with his criminal kicks. Ghita vs Saki is a fight very hard to predict. I will never bet against Ghita or Saki. Ghita is pure power, Spirit and timing. Saki is pure speed, spirit and combinations. Too great fighters and warriors.

Ghita, Saki, Zimmerman, Hari and Benny are by far the most exciting fighters at HW. Rico is just boring. Aerts is too old, too slow and too rusty to be fun to watch. Schilt was boring. Cro cop isn't an elite and is probably the most boring glory fighter. Kharitonov is fun to watch, but too slow, not technical and not an elite.

We need a final 8 with Ghita, Saki, Zimmerman, Hari, Benny, Gerges, Londt and Rico. Best we can get at this moment.

Saki lost to Verhoeven, but your Moroccan ass can"t give respect to the Netherlands and to a fighter who represents the country (Verhoeven) and is more Dutchman than Turkish Saki! Then I agree with Saki being a bit better in their first fight in K-1, even though that one was a close decision. An extra round. In Istanbul it was very controversial! Of course you remember just the flurry against a hurt opponent (Ghiță) after the illegal sweep of Saki. You can"t be objective, don"t you? You would fail your exams in school for this judgement. Sorry. What if this would have happened to you? If there are rules, you respect them.

I personally don"t dislike your opinions Brock very much, sometimes some are harsh but I can understand them too. You"re critical and you recognize only the value. But here you don"t have right!

I said nothing bad about verhoeven, I only said, in response to you, that Saki doesn't run awya from a weak division to go fight guys like Spong. HW division is fragmented and glory's hw division is by far it's weakest.

SO it's rather ridiculous to say that Saki is running from anyone. Especially when the nr 1 ranked guy is already 0-2 agianst Saki.

oh wait, I forgot -

- the illegal sweep
- his ex-wife
- the motorcycle accident

are what's objective. You actually throw at me for being subjective? get the fuck out......you promote all SK fighters and romanian fighters like they're the best evah and meanwhile edwrds is better than aekpracha and saki runs away????????

you're a complete joke when it comes to being objective

SO it's rather ridiculous to say that Saki is running from anyone. Especially when the nr 1 ranked guy is already 0-2 agianst Saki.

oh wait, I forgot -

- the illegal sweep
- his ex-wife
- the motorcycle accident

But the nr 2 ranked guy beat Saki. And the Istanbul fight between Ghiță and Saki was controversial.

Look, I"m fair guy, I can ignore the personal problems (ex-wife isn"t really a reason, a complaint, but I"ve only mentioned that this is what you don"t understand; it was a huge scandal at the television; I didn"t even open a topic like other Romanians, it was opened when I wrote).

But I can"t ignore of course an illegal sweep which is against the rules, and a motorcycle injury. When all are telling you that Bogdan Stoica was a much better fighter before the accident. You can study some videos too to see that I"m not lying.

meanwhile edwrds

Yeah, I still believe Edwards is a solid fighter. Right after the title contenders (Zimmerman, etc) in Glory.

so you're combeack is: the sweep was illegal (nobody is saying it was legal or illegal, only it had nothing to do with the asswhooping ghita got)

saki killed ghita almost that night and instead of questioning ghita's speed comparede to saki, it was the 'illegal' sweep

YOU HAVE NO REASONING, ONLY HYPE BEFORE EVENTS AND AFTER EVENTS YOU HAVE EXCUSES

Back