Glory 16: Denver PPV on June 21 - PREDICTIONS Ghi vs. Verhoeven HW Title

i hope Rico wins this.he is a better poster boy for glory a nice guy you can talk to.
but the only way he can win if the fight goes the distance.
on the other hand Ghita does deserve it a bit more,always nice to watch finishers

lol wtf better poster boy than Ghita....

Where do you even get this logic from.

lol wtf better poster boy than Ghita....

Where do you even get this logic from.

do you see Ghita doing promo stuff for glory,i don't
and in america they really like Rico and that's where glory wants to be
i'm fine with Ghita being champ but Rico is more marketable
having a bigger fan base and being a poster boy are two different things and even that i don't know if that is still the case

Saki's cheat in Istanbul has been discussed to death. The fact is that he used an illegal technique to injure his opponent and he should have been disqualified for that. .

Catching the foot and sweeping the leg is one of the most common defensive technique in kick boxing. Almost common enough that it becomes an instant reaction. Saki is an honorable fighter and never composed himself to cheating. It was the ref who was at fault. Not only should Guita be allowed to get up and given a couple of mins to recover but instead he was given the standing 8. Regardless, nothing couldn't have prevented the beatdown that occurres moments later

Catching the foot and sweeping the leg is one of the most common defensive technique in kick boxing. Almost common enough that it becomes an instant reaction. Saki is an honorable fighter and never composed himself to cheating. It was the ref who was at fault. Not only should Guita be allowed to get up and given a couple of mins to recover but instead he was given the standing 8. Regardless, nothing couldn't have prevented the beatdown that occurres moments later

I don't remember the specifics anymore even but didn't Saki pretty much dunk Ghita after catching the foot, not sweep his leg. Anyway, ref fucked up.

ghita is 0-2 agianst saki, 0-1 against verhoeven....this is his chance to prove he's truly elite.....if he loses this one.....then he's fucked up so many chances

Sweeping is illegal in Glory.

I don't remember the specifics anymore even but didn't Saki pretty much dunk Ghita after catching the foot, not sweep his leg. Anyway, ref fucked up.

Yeah, he pretty much slammed him to the ground... which is damn impressive on it self :D

Sweeping is illegal in Glory.

so are low blows and tossing opponent to the ground (Overeem style), but it happens. Fighters at the most are warn on it and move on. Not defending Saki actions but the ref fail here. Imagine getting a standing 8 for receiving a low blow

2 of them controversial (in Istanbul - injury after an illegam leg sweep - and in Chicago the computer said he won, not Rico), 1 loss to Saki in 2010 in the extra-round! Saki went then in the semifinals with a broken hand.

Hold your horses, Brock, this time Verhoeven is gonna fall! :rolleyes: I hope not too bad though.

2 of them controversial (in Istanbul - injury after an illegam leg sweep - and in Chicago the computer said he won, not Rico), 1 loss to Saki in 2010 in the extra-round! Saki went then in the semifinals with a broken hand.

Hold your horses, Brock, this time Verhoeven is gonna fall! :rolleyes: I hope not too bad though.

a new excuse added to your repetoir

-illegal sweep
- the ex-wife
- motor cycle accident
- 'the computer' says ghita won

what will be your newest excuse if ghita loses again?

Wow, just wow. Ghita himself want you to stop this. Seriously , you are making a disservice to Ghita with all these excuses. Ghita lost clearly first two rounds . He missed too much in round 2 and round 3 and RICO had the better punches and kicks.

I'm so fucking done lol...

Things are heating up
Daniel Ghita ‏@DanielGhita1 May 18
My message to our "Prince of kickboxing": You little Prince the KING is here ! See you in LA, 21 June.

Could it be him? Or again some PR person to stir things up and build anticipation in the fight?

Could it be him? Or again some PR person to stir things up and build anticipation in the fight?

Glory board for the PPV! :rolleyes: Daniel and Rico used to train together.

Last edited:
Back