Glory 16: Denver PPV on June 21 - PREDICTIONS Ghi vs. Verhoeven HW Title

The sweep was illegal and hurt Ghiță"s hand, yes. Definitely. That"s correct. I had no excuse for Daniel"s loss to Schilt even though the stoppage was a bit unfair. But/because the incident has happened and shouldn"t have happened because it could have been a worse kick for him.

We need a final 8 with Ghita, Saki, Zimmerman, Hari, Benny, Gerges, Londt and Rico. Best we can get at this moment.

I fucking agree with you. With Spong instead of one!

Last edited:
The sweep was illegal and hurt Ghiță"s hand, yes. Definitely. That"s correct. I had no excuse for Daniel"s loss to Schilt even though the stoppage was a bit unfair. But/because the incident has happened and shouldn"t have happened because it could have been a worse kick for him.

I fucking agree with you. With Spong instead of one!

Spong is unfortunately injured. I don't think he can fight this year in a 8 man tournament. Also he didn't want to fight in Glory grand slam tournament. They made him an offer but he refused. If he want to and if he's able, that will be great. He is for sure a top 8 at HW.

Last edited:
Cmon, stop with this shit already. Saying Saki (or any fighter for that matter) is running away is beyond childish. And if i remember right, Saki said he wants to be champion in BOTH LHW and HW! So we will see him back at HW, probably even this year in the HW tournament.

p.s. at this point in time, Saki is better than Ghita, END OF STORY!

Saki is untested at HW but Raul Catinas is top tier.

WTF?

I'm with Brock in this thread...

If the Ghita that just ko'd Zimmerman shows up I would bet on him. Hopefully Ghita's domestic problems don't get in the way of his performance.

Saki is untested at HW but Raul Catinas is top tier

Spong, not Saki. Yes. Untested to the world class at HW. The same uncivilized users attack me every time! Don"t twist my words, did I say that about Cătinaș? I"ve said he"s the best p4p right now in the Superkombat (if we consider Adegbuyi only Glory) and I would love to see him against Cro Cop.

Saki said he wants to be champion in BOTH LHW and HW! So we will see him back at HW, probably even this year in the HW tournament.

Good then, Rico Verhoeven won the tournament not Saki. I have nothing against him though, really! The discussion was about another thing, his controversial win in Istanbul. Brock doesn"t want to admit that Ghiță was hurt and couldn"t defend.

Last edited:
I hot Verhoeven, new breed of dutch kickboxer is here to stay!

Brock doesn"t want to admit that Ghiță was hurt and couldn"t defend.
He seemed to be doing better in that fight after the throw, until he got hit with a clean hook that was followed by a Killer Instinct Ultra Combo...

And if i remember right, Saki said he wants to be champion in BOTH LHW and HW! So we will see him back at HW, probably even this year in the HW tournament.

p.s. at this point in time, Saki is better than Ghita, END OF STORY!

Didn't Saki say at least his next fight would be at LHW. Hope he stays LHW and doesn't go back to being the smaller guy at HW again.

Didn't Saki say at least his next fight would be at LHW. Hope he stays LHW and doesn't go back to being the smaller guy at HW again.

Sure, i expect him to defend his title at Glory 19/20 against Ilunga. And i also expect him to then join the HW tournament for the belt later in the year, which might be an 8 man if it's on PPV again.

Brock doesn"t want to admit that Ghiță was hurt and couldn"t defend.

Ok, Ghita is my first kickboxing fighter that I saw fighting. He is still my favourite fighter. But you are wrong very bad here.

First off, Ghita himself said in an interview that he wasn't hurt by that Sweep. He said that he only felt pain for a moment, but his arm was ok after that. He actually said that after the fight he met saki and gokhan had some injuries.

Ghita is a real fighter and warrior, he doesn't need this bullshit. Ghita who fought against zimmerman is 50-50 against saki.

Because Ghiță is a gentleman, not to destroy Saki"s home party. In fact he argued with Glory in the office because of this. And Glory officially wrote on the official site that the sweep was illegal and has influenced the result. Too bad I can"t find anymore on a social site some comments.

You said you have boxing background, you should know that you feel pain for the moment but then it"s impossible to use your hand at maximum. So he had no defense because of this. Then at some hours after you feel pains again. You feel pain again anyway when you are hit.

6:12 please and see Ghiță"s reaction at 6:22: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGa4uClTD9s

He seemed to be doing better in that fight after the throw, until he got hit with a clean hook that was followed by a Killer Instinct Ultra Combo...

This is because he was rushed after the injury. He knew something is wrong with him.

In kickboxing we don"t disrespect the great fighters but this is the truth.

Saki's cheat in Istanbul has been discussed to death. The fact is that he used an illegal technique to injure his opponent and he should have been disqualified for that. Unbelievable, it happened the opposite: Ghita was counted and forced to continue fighting injured or loose by TKO. Fanatics forget this and only remember the KO, but it was a shameful farce.
I think Guita can win Rico if he is not eager to KO him like the last time. Rico is a technical and intelligent fighter hard to KO so I think the best strategy should be to pick the shots and focus on winning on points.

The count was obviously bullshit, but Saki didn't throw him with the intent of specifically injuring him. You can argue that a point should have been taken but disqualified is a bit extreme.

The count was obviously bullshit, but Saki didn't throw him with the intent of specifically injuring him. You can argue that a point should have been taken but disqualified is a bit extreme.

If a medic would have been allowed to check his hand, as it would have been NORMAL, and said medic would decide that he should not continue, then a disqualification would have been in order.

Anyway, he continued and he seemed to be ok to me. Saki was better, end of story.

Anyway, he continued and he seemed to be ok to me.

Because of Ubeda"s mistake who started to count him not knowing the rules of kickboxing! Ghiță didn"t give up, do you think they reach this level by giving up? Remember Saki fought injured against Overeem. But that injury was from the previous fight in the quarterfinals, also against Ghiță.

Anyway, the discussion is pointless but just saying...

is this ghita-saki argument still happening? holy shit, how is everyone not bored of arguing either side?

anyways, I'm going to pick Verhoeven, but I think its pretty 50/50.

10245461_298734063618872_2540735270391419337_n.jpg

Back