Review: Top Boxer Custom Winning Inspired Gloves (6/10)

What foam did you get that makes it so protective? Please share.

You can read the review in my signature if you'd like. If you think I'm biased, for whatever reason, then read previous Topboxer/Beaulieu reviews I've done. I think the second of the three I did began with "very disappointing.." from memory.

If you follow the board for a long time you'd know I have a wholesale account with them but you should share that there are photos of EVERY one of my reviews. I"m not some fly by night reviewer. I like gear and I post and write about it. Tell me about what foams you got and why they're different than my 2 gloves. They're the the same foam you guys have. How come I'm reporting something different than what you guys reviewed?

I thought it was already rather obvious people have assumed the gloves in the OP had some fault in the padding, hence my conversation about a fault found in R2C padding in one pair of gloves. The response to the R2C ones was appropriate, whereas the response to this is grossly over the top. Again "How come I'm reporting something different than what you guys reviewed?" can be flipped to "How come RGAmsterdam has reported something different to what you reviewed?", with the most likely answer being the same in both instances. Human error. You are willing to accept that in the case of the R2C gloves, but completely unwilling to entertain it even as the faintest of remote possibilities for this review, which is what is most striking.

It's funny you're accusing me of caring too much but here u are going to bat for Mo. You've been glued on here just as much :)

It's not about "going to bat" for anyone but myself. The fact you see it as being on behalf of Topboxer, is interesting in itself. You have been talking negatively throughout the thread, at first more veiled, about the people who reviewed the Top Boxer gear and had positive things to say about it, and obviously that includes myself and several others.

You can see the post I made about the actual gear reviewed on the first page and that was that. (edit: or second page or wherever it is). Later, you start insulting people on the forum without naming names as if that makes things more diplomatic and not simply more passive aggressive, hence my posting.

I'm defending my review and my thoughts and sharing an opinion that previous reviewers may not be truly using and stress testing the gloves. How can 2 different foams be terrible in my tests but the best thing since slice bread in other reviews. That's means both foams suck and his foam injected gloves breakdown fast. Customer service isn't a strong suit either. I had to struggle to find a resolution.

gotta throw my two cents in that I can definitely see where Mino is coming from in comparing the R2C C17 thread to this Topboxer thread. And how that was handled as "a batch mistake" but this glove is indicative of every single glove past present and future of Mo's which to me is unfair and messed up.

Also Clamp I feel like I gotta say that mixed the harping on a minimal (its a cheap date come on) $30 dollar custom vs custom price and passively attacking people on the forum I've gotta say its become very hard to take THIS review objectively. Which to me is sad because I really appreciate all objective (till proved otherwise) reviews EVERYONE does and the work they put into it (however minimal or extreme). That being said I'm not gonna let that affect my interpretation of your next review.

Lets all play nice guys its about reviewing one glove at a time.

hi guys this appears to be one of the only negative reviews of my product.... ok here are the details of the whole story.......
some ppl wondered why i didn’t sell to mr clamp.. clmp repeatedly tried to contact me but i didn't reply to his emails or msgs ,eventually he made a thread on forum to have my attention as he appeared to be so desperate to get the gloves made by me now some other members persuaded me to make a pair for him...i still resisted because i knew his affiliation with ring to cage so was afraid he shows bias but when mr clamp said we are cool and he will give me fair review i thought lets make him a pair then... i made him a pair with a new and different foam i use in my usual wining inspired gloves. the intention was to take his feedback. while doing that i also sent him another pair with usual foams i used in wining inspired gloves...it was only a prototype pair and the reason was to show him different options... i thought at that time that as he promised he will be fair
when he got the gloves he said he did,nt like the padding on the gloves.... i said on let me make a new one for you and you hold your review until you get new pair.(not to mention he would have kept the previous pairs) he said no...i was worried this was to make r2c look better.. there was a poster lutwey who said something bad about his brand ring to cage... and mr clamp sent me this massage asking me if i send people to talk bad about ring to cage.
unnamed_zpsd3092916.png

i told mr clmp that i dont send people to talk bad about other brands as i am only a small brand and i dont have anything to do with or against r2c
you guys can clearly see that there are very very few negative reviews of my work on the forum and lots of positive so that means that either i make good gear or mr clamp says that all the reviewers on the forum other then himself are liars... not to mention one reviewer name stratocaster also had only good reviews about my work...
i don’t know if it is faulty or not but i take care of my customer and have offered clmp that he will return the gear and sorry for his bad experience.. and i will give him refund and this thing will end ,i dont do refunds as that situation has never ever arrived...its a one time incident. t i have nothing to do with r2c and i have nothing against them. my work will speak for itself...
plus i,d request mr clamp to not to take revenge from me if someone don,t like ring to cage...its not my fault...and i being a very small business cant afford to pay people to have dishonest reviews about other companies or to degrade them...if someone talks bad about your brand then i really have nothing to do with that its their own opinion.
if you notice in one of the threads about my work mr lutwey even complained about me for not responding in time...
and i dont want a war as i am not interested in that and nietehr i have time for that i am already stuffed with custom orders with the Grace of God Almighty.
so have a nice day folks
thanks

Do I still get my refund if I ship the gloves back Mo?

I wasn't going to post in here at all, but this shit is just getting corny now. Clamp is acting like Mo piped his little sister or something and is now on a mission to bring down his business.

Muhammad is good people, I don't see the point in all of this. Review the gear and let everyone choose how to interpret or accept the review. It'd be one thing if Muhammad wasn't trying to take care of the issue, but he is. All the rest of this shit is just ignorant and unnecessary.

I wasn't going to post in here at all, but this shit is just getting corny now. Clamp is acting like Mo piped his little sister or something and is now on a mission to bring down his business.

Muhammad is good people, I don't see the point in all of this. Review the gear and let everyone choose how to interpret or accept the review. All the rest of this shit is just ignorant and unnecessary.

^+1

Lmao "piped" actually snorted out loud to that thanks

Ok so what ?I still have a good opinion about him and his work eventhough I never got a pair and I am not in his circle of friends.lol That guy came out of nowhere so he had to advertise his business somehow,giving away gloves to "famous" members of the forum would help him do so.

Muhammad is good people, I don't see the point in all of this. Review the gear and let everyone choose how to interpret or accept the review. It'd be one thing if Muhammad wasn't trying to take care of the issue, but he is. All the rest of this shit is just ignorant and unnecessary.

Agreed.

Ok so what ?I still have a good opinion about him and his work eventhough I never got a pair and I am not in his circle of friends.lol That guy came out of nowhere so he had to advertise his business somehow,so giving away gloves to "famous" members of the forum would help him do so.

Some of those "famous" members have now since disappeared (Thank fucking God). Clamp's review was objective and supported with photographs. He has a long history of reviewing gear, and is rightfully well respected. The gloves preformed poorly and were reviewed poorly as a result. This is coming from someone that has actually used and enjoyed some of TB's gear, unlike yourself.

Clamp's review is certainly more legitimate than that of some of the precious reviews. Hoe objective can a review be if the gear is: Obtained for free, is not put through the rigors of legitimate training, and is immediately flipped on eBay in "like new" condition?

The only one getting slighted here is Clamp.

Wow I was hoping my post would calm things down a bit but it looks like things escalated.

Some of those "famous" members have now since disappeared (Thank fucking God). Clamp's review was objective and supported with photographs. He has a long history of reviewing gear, and is rightfully well respected. The gloves preformed poorly and were reviewed poorly as a result. This is coming from someone that has actually used and enjoyed some of TB's gear, unlike yourself.

Clamp's review is certainly more legitimate than that of some of the precious reviews. Hoe objective can a review be if the gear is: Obtained for free, is not put through the rigors of legitimate training, and is immediately flipped on eBay in "like new" condition?

The only one getting slighted here is Clamp.
an unbiased reviewer can go rogue, that is not impossible my friend. how can this be considered an objective review when he's coming up with ridiculous conspiracy theories. his feelings are obviously hurt. Hahaha

Back