Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

--

They getting zany over there at CSA -

http://instagram.com/p/pnnibWp4o6/#

--

Well Nina basicaly just confirmed she is on TUF :)

Good. I figured she would make it. Still not 100% confirmation but looking good.

Best of luck to her.

8)

--
Meet the other side of Silvana Gomes Juarez
By Peter Henry on June 24, 2014

Silvana-Gomez-620x400.png

The fighter Silvana Juarez, recently won the tournament in female flyweight XFCi 5. With few fights in his professional MMA cartel, is slowly winning the Brazilian public, after two great wins over Venezuela and Bianca Daimoni Mayerlin Rivas.

In an interview for our website, talked about all the details before and after the fight and showed a little more on your side than when not fighting.

How was your preparation for the end of XFCi 5?

In the last four months, I scheduled my load from Monday to Sunday training 4 days a week with 3 shifts a day of practice and two days with double shifts and Sundays only one shift.

Click below fore more - In Portuguese.

http://www.damadeferromma.com/conheca-o-outro-lado-de-silvana-juarez/

(Note: XFC has released footage of her fights. I've previously posted that footage here for people to see and you should still be able to look her up on XFC.com, probably YouTube as well. If interested. Good fights from this young Argentine.)
--

safe_image.php

XFC 28: Highly Touted Amateur Andrea Lee Set For Pro Debut Against Suzie Montero

Posted On Jun 2014By : Jhobbs

TAMPA, FL (June 23rd, 2014) – You can’t talk XFC, without talking women’s mixed martial arts. Since 2008, John Prisco and company have been on the forefront of women’s MMA, so it should come with no surprise that the 3rd announcement regarding XFC 28 involves the ladies. One of the South’s most popular amateurs, Andrea “KGB” Lee, finally makes her long-awaited debut against Florida’s Suzie Montero.

Click below for more:

http://xfcmma.com/xfc-28-highly-touted-amateur-andrea-lee-set-for-pro-debut-against-suzie-montero/

--

--
A little Rousey training.

Ronda Rousey getting ready for Alexis Davis at UFC 175

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=788099114553680

Last edited:
Jessica Aguilar banked $35k @ WSOF 10 (17.5 + 17.5)

Cyborg on her FB page:
Hej będę pierwszy raz w Polsce , i jestem bardzo podekscytowana i ciekawa !! Serdecznie zapraszam na seminarium ze mną !! Estarei na pol

Ashlee Evans-Smith, when she went for a strong takedown, when she need it, she did so, and finished her opponent.

The Evans-Smith fight wasn't a wonderful fight but it wasn't, to me, awful. A little below mediocre. Allen wasn't going to charge in on Evans-Smith and allow for an easy takedown. Allen fought that point-style fight she needed to in order to try and get the win. Evans-Smith, obviously, needs to continue to improve her standup and or be willing to try and go for strong takedowns earlier in the fight.

I thought Evans-Smith was fine. Remember this is the fighter that got KTFO in 5 seconds by Rothenhausler, so I don't exactly blame her for not being overly aggressive in pursuing a striker. She waited for opponent to get a little tired, got the right timing on the takedown, totally outclassed her opponent on the mat and got the finish.

Yeah, jag got a much better offer from WSOF than Invicta, so she couldn't wait on vague rumors that UFC would start 115 division soon. Some people just have unlucky timing.

Unlucky? She's making good money tuning her fists up on cans and doesn't have to go through the TUF 20 guaranteed shit-show. The UFC 115 division will be humming along nicely when she comes in rust-free and starts destroying.

For anyone interested, Michelle Waterson will be on American Ninja Warrior: Denver Qualifying tonight on NBC.

It seems her patented "Carry your kid around workout regimen" is paying off:
10499067_1502297333321871_1880175463_n.jpg

Well Nina basicaly just confirmed she is on TUF :)

Good. I called Nina looooooonnnnggggg ago in the "Arkain2, Who Will Win TUF 20 Challenge?" I`m betting the house on Ansaroff. :)

Jarl

Unlucky? She's making good money tuning her fists up on cans and doesn't have to go through the TUF 20 guaranteed shit-show. The UFC 115 division will be humming along nicely when she comes in rust-free and starts destroying.

For anyone interested, Michelle Waterson will be on American Ninja Warrior: Denver Qualifying tonight on NBC.

It seems her patented "Carry your kid around workout regimen" is paying off:
10499067_1502297333321871_1880175463_n.jpg

Been wondering when her episode would play.

Love that pic, would love it more if the (admittedly cute) kid were absent.

Good. I called Nina looooooonnnnggggg ago in the "Arkain2, Who Will Win TUF 20 Challenge?" I`m betting the house on Ansaroff. :)

Jarl

Hey man, the last time somebody on Sherdog bet the barn, farmer DaysOfThunder ended up sleeping next to the creek :p

Well, I won`t be betting the house, but I think Nina is as good of a guess as anyone to win TUF 20. She`s a smart, well-rounded fighter who is on an impressive streak. It`s just a matter of her making that weight.

Still no word on a final list of TUF 20 participants?

Jarl

There is some buzz about wmma returning to bellator before new year...

Well, I won`t be betting the house, but I think Nina is as good of a guess as anyone to win TUF 20. She`s a smart, well-rounded fighter who is on an impressive streak. It`s just a matter of her making that weight.

Still no word on a final list of TUF 20 participants?

Jarl

Agreed about Nina if in, Big and strong with talent. Do we have a shorter list yet? As the girls that are in already seem to be getting ready for the house

There is some buzz about wmma returning to bellator before new year...

Last week I'd been hearing Coker wanted to look into bringing in women next year after getting Bellator in shape. They might be touching face with some fighters, feeling them out.

Bellator should avoid WMMA to much of the talent is in the UFC and Invicta and even a handful are in WSOF who's out there to bring in.

Jason Coles ‏@MMASun 24s

IMO the UFC signing I hear of is a top 5 among female possible signings @WhiteViper_x

Its Carano or Holm one else out there is "top 5 among women signings." Cyborg is still with Invicta. Unless this MMA Sun guy is behind the news and he just found out about Rin Nakai.

Its Carano or Holm one else out there is "top 5 among women signings." Cyborg is still with Invicta. Unless this MMA Sun guy is behind the news and he just found out about Rin Nakai.

He just tweeted (to you I think lol) that it's not them, Murphy, or Evinger. Who could it be...

Then again, he never specifically said Women's Bantamweight. He just said female. Probably is a BW though.

Agreed about Nina if in, Big and strong with talent. Do we have a shorter list yet? As the girls that are in already seem to be getting ready for the house

I'll take Jessica Penne to win it all, if in fact she's even on the show. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whose twitters go dark in a few days. I wonder what these ladies are going to do when the UFC confiscates their cell phones...

Felice will be going crazy without access to social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back