Another Horsewoman Bites the Dust

l3C1KCo.gif

Chaoticmayhem,

It is quite clear that you are either unable, or unwilling, to engage in a serious discussion. I have raised real points and thoroughly addressed (and debunked) yours, that much is clear. Your most recent post provides support for the claims made here.

Not impressed,
0hm

You have made no valid points. The opinion that 115 is so much better than 135 has no basis in anything objective and LMAO at 205 being a deep division, is that why Hendo was top 5 a little while back for beating Shotgun and there are barely more LHWs than HWs in the UFC?

Also there is almost no legitimate way to measure level of skill between fighters more than 1 weight class apart without bias.

You have made no valid points. The opinion that 115 is so much better than 135 has no basis in anything objective and LMAO at 205 being a deep division, is that why Hendo was top 5 a little while back for beating Shotgun and there are barely more LHWs than HWs in the UFC?

Also there is almost no legitimate way to measure level of skill between fighters more than 1 weight class apart without bias.
The illusion that the 115lb division is sooo much deeper than any other weightclass is because it's made up mostly of 125lers who very recently cut to 115. Without those former 125lbers the 115lb division isn't all that deep.

The illusion that the 115lb division is sooo much deeper than any other weightclass is because it's made up mostly of 125lers who very recently cut to 115. Without those former 125lbers the 115lb division isn't all that deep.

That and a lot of the top 115ers are prospects who haven't fought each other or shown their limits yet. Most of the top 135ers are more known qualities which makes them less intriguing to many.

That and a lot of the top 115ers are prospects who haven't fought each other or shown their limits yet. Most of the top 135ers are more known qualities which makes them less intriguing to many.

Or maybe because the 125er are actually 115er?

The prospects? Rose Namajunas, Tecia Torres, Bec Hyatt. They're hyped and improving.
But there's also Gadelha, Esparza, Calderwood, Daly, Kankanpaa, The jedi JedrerickOMGWHATEVERHERFUCKINGLASTNAMEIS, and more.

The thing is everybody at 135 seem like nothing compared to Ronda, but they're pretty good.

Kaufmann, Eye, Davis, Nunes, Zingano, Holm (however overrated she is, she has great striking), Murphy, McMann, they're pretty solid.

But p4p the talent in strawweigth is better.

And the supronova will still shine.

From a technical standpoint, each of the points I have made are "valid." Concerning the opinion that 115 contains more talent and decent competition is based on the fact that I have seen (almost) every one of the fighters in the top 20 fight either live or on TV (numerous times), and they appear to demonstrate a wider range of skills and possess a bit more athleticism relative to the 135 combatants.

Regarding your comment about the 205 weight division, I said it was talent rich and competitive, as it is. There is a reason why the LHW division has always been a hard division over which to reign, and the current landscape is no different; the top 5 in that division is incredibly strong and filled with dangerous, talented fighters.

Maybe I failed to grasp your point because you were not specific enough. How were the points I made invalid? How were they not sound? If anyone is operating out of bias here, it appears to be you.

People thought that Marina Shafir was such a badass because she was a judoka like Ronda, Ronda's BFF and armbarring her opponents like Ronda when in reality she was beating nothing but handpicked opponents. That loss against Bell exposed Shafir and now that's she's been exposed Marina can look forward to a lot more L's on her record.

From a technical standpoint, each of the points I have made are "valid." Concerning the opinion that 115 contains more talent and decent competition is based on the fact that I have seen (almost) every one of the fighters in the top 20 fight either live or on TV (numerous times), and they appear to demonstrate a wider range of skills and possess a bit more athleticism relative to the 135 combatants.

The more technical fighter does not always prove the more effective one, I judge 'skill' by EFFECTIVENESS which is difficult to compare between divisions to say the least. As for being more athletic do you mean 'faster and more agile' due to weighing on average 10 lbs less? I call that bias.

The more technical fighter does not always prove the more effective one, I judge 'skill' by EFFECTIVENESS which is difficult to compare between divisions to say the least. As for being more athletic do you mean 'faster and more agile' due to weighing on average 10 lbs less? I call that bias.

My metric for athleticism is not necessarily speed and agility, though they do matter, as much as it is about the techniques they employ and the manner in which they do. From my experience, they appear to demonstrate a wider range of techniques and possess a greater acuity for fighting relative to the women in the current 135 landscape.

It is worth noting that I completely agree with your "effectiveness" statement, as it is quite hard to even discuss this topic in an objectively meaningful manner. I am sure I could develop - and subsequently support - such an objective but it would take a decent amount of time to do it right. (For example, one could measure the manner in which fights routinely end, the techniques the combatants employ, and the competitiveness of each contest, relative to another metric or set of metrics, in an attempt to do so.) (To avoid sounding pompous or erudite, this is actually an activity I could accomplish due to my educational background - Evolutionary Psychology with an emphasis on combat - not because I think I could just randomly do it in an effective way.)

This crew is like if the Four Horsemen featured one Ric Flair and three Mongo McMichaels.

Y'all failed to mention the fact that Bethe Correia has a win over Erica Paes - who is the only woman to ever defeat Cris Cyborg in MMA - how's that for a bit of trivia.

whoa, what's with the amount of hate on these girls?

If you are gonna talk the big game, you gotta back it up. If she talked the big game and backed it up, there migth still be hate, but there would be respect too. A lot of people can't stand Rousey, but damn you gotta admit she is a true badass.

If you are gonna talk the big game, you gotta back it up. If she talked the big game and backed it up, there migth still be hate, but there would be respect too. A lot of people can't stand Rousey, but damn you gotta admit she is a true badass.

this exactly! if you talk like they do, you have to back it up, because people are waiting to see you fall. this is why they should just stick to the fight game.

the 4 horsewomen thing is funny imo, but when you are flipping people off and being disrespectful people are going to want to see you lose.

Damn. The girl that beat her looks pretty good actually.

Back