What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why when someone disagrees with you is it always their view or life view is better or correct and yours is totally wrong.

Jesus man, I said they don't vote like the believe, I never said they don't live like it, I never mentioned anything on how they live. Why do you keep saying this?

All I said is that there are some cultural differences, I didn't even list them until a page ago after KPT asked.

I said there are some societal or cultural differences in CERTAIN AREAS. I brought up the ray rice situation and hitting.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, with you being a lawyer, when was the last time you spent any real time in the ghetto that didn't involve paper work being signed?

You go to the trouble that my view of things is limited, well is your view not limited. I know you do some charitable work or pro bono but that doesn't mean you have the ear of the ghetto.

I've tried to be cool during this back and forth but you keep trying to get me to defend shit I never said.

Sorry man, I'll take my worldview having been in the trailer parks and ghetto more often and longer than you have in the last 20 years. But you keep on telling me how the real world is in the ghetto and trailer parks up their in your lawyer world.

I am going to stop here, because I don't want to inflame the issue anymore, als because you are one of my favorite posters and I don't want to have an unproductive back and forth with you, I'll save that for speakhandsforme and JVS, LOL

TAKE IT EASY MAN.

nothing youve said really is specific to a race, though. they are correlated with class, but you think its race that is the causing variable.

regardless of color, poorer people are more likely to abuse drugs, commit violent acts of every kind, be on disability, be more promiscuous etc etc. now factor in the state of re-segregated public schools, and the funding that goes into those schools, and it all makes sense.

I KNOW I SAID I WAS DONE

I'll take my knowledge of black society over yours.

I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with you but I have spent the last 15 years of my life basically quizzing and asking black coworkers/college classmates/military members/etc questions and their thoughts on everything from religion to politics, to white America, to ...

I am well aware of black preferences (that should be the name instead of culture) and all the different varieties. I've plenty of ghetto folk to talk to as well as leaders in black business/chamber of commerce as well as professors. I am probably one of only a few people to actually get to talk to Dr. Ben Carson and Neil degrasse Tyson (Thanks to St Jude). This of course in no way makes me special or my thoughts any more less or right.

But when I have had hundreds of people (yes I know that is not necessarily scientific) of people tell me the same shit that affects them and their community, I'll take their word for it over yours.

Sorry I respect you as a poster but as an expert in black living /society, I'll take actual black peoples words over yours.

Gotta go-- take care

You know I'm black right?

Panamaican = Panama and Jamaica. Countries with black people.

:eek::eek::eek::redface:

You should probably change your handle to Bob Marley Noriega to make it clearer.

Though in all fairness when right wingers talk about 'black culture' they don't mean the polyglot Latin blackness of Miami or Brazil, they usually mean American ghetto descendants of American slaves. When I lived in Miami I was really struck by how different 'black' culture was among islanders than it was among the black Americans whose ancestors had been slaves in the US. Two very different worlds.

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

This has been a damn fine thread with some informative posts and some funny ones as well. But it just peaked.

LOL! I hope he responds to this. Still laughing.

You should probably change your handle to Bob Marley Noriega to make it clearer.

Though in all fairness when right wingers talk about 'black culture' they don't mean the polyglot Latin blackness of Miami or Brazil, they usually mean American ghetto descendants of American slaves. When I lived in Miami I was really struck by how different 'black' culture was among islanders than it was among the black Americans whose ancestors had been slaves in the US. Two very different worlds.

I've always thought my background was fairly obvious.

There's certainly truth to differences between the descendants of American slaves and more recent immigrants. And if this was about my specific experiences, I'd readily state they don't reflect black America as a whole either.

But that's kind of my point - that black America isn't just ghetto America and it annoys me when people, black, white or other, try to substitute the really wide range of black America for the limited world of urban ghetto America.

There's certainly truth to differences between the descendants of American slaves and more recent immigrants. And if this was about my specific experiences, I'd readily state they don't reflect black America as a whole either.

But that's kind of my point - that black America isn't just ghetto America and it annoys me when people, black, white or other, try to substitute the really wide range of black America for the limited world of urban ghetto America.

I'm going to cut him a tiny bit of slack here because whenever I read your name I just see Panama and then glaze over the rest.

I thought it was, and you've mentioned it before, but I think it's hilarious how you dropped it on him.

I'd say also that even in the urban ghetto (I can speak specifically about Oakland), there isn't a monolithic culture, and in fact *most* people are not gangsters, don't like gangsters, etc. (and it's not 51% either). People have jobs to go to, groceries to buy, kids to raise, etc. The bad apples are very visible and certainly more common in some places than in others, but it's always a small minority.

So I guess we're done here?

I always assumed it was Panama + America in a odd portmanteau since 'Panamerican' was an airline you didn't want to use. Plus your wife in your AV looks Latin, not black. I would guess those two things. I certainly didn't pick up the Jamaica part until you mentioned it just now.

I always assumed it was Panama + America in a odd portmanteau since 'Panamerican' was an airline you didn't want to use. Plus your wife in your AV looks Latin, not black. I would guess those two things. I certainly didn't pick up the Jamaica part until you mentioned it just now.

Oh. Wife's Indian but she gets mistaken as Hispanic even by my Hispanic clients. I've got a little bit of everything going on over here.

I thought the same. Good to know we're all on the same page now, thanks Pan.

So now you are black after how many years on here? How many posters didn't know that?

Sorry when most people think of Panama, they don't think of black people.

I know you have stated that you or at least you parents were immigrants, but you have never said in any thread that you are black in any other racial conversation you have ever been in.

Don't make me pull a Hollywood Nicky and accuse you of BS like TCK, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back