What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since a person or group in this situation claims to be religious, then they have to also believe or act in a way that you deem conservative?

How many people white/ black whatever are at the club booty dancing and getting drunk on SAT. night and then in the pews saying YESSSS LAWWWDDDDD ON SUNDAY?

And what does them being hypocrites in their voting (if the lord is the main focus in their life) have to do with gangs or education? Can they not be full of shit about their religion and other stuff as well?

We're not talking about the voting, we're talking about the beliefs. To be hypocrites in their voting they must first hold a belief and then vote against it. So, they first hold social and religiously conservative values. Are you saying that they don't hold those beliefs? That the belief system itself is a lie?

And you didn't address my second question: Do you agree that there is no monolithic black culture?

Pan I have said that ghetto culture glorifies that shit, not black society or culture. Just like trailer park white culture represents shady shit as well.

Ghetto culture. Good - so not black culture.

So then you're going to stop discussing black culture in terms of ghetto culture I presume?

I ask because many pages back you gave a laundry list of ghetto behavior and mistakenly called them examples of "black culture" when you meant to type "ghetto culture".

Why don't you stick to what I've said. Why are you so easily distracted? I will restate my main point, since apparently you are having difficulty understanding it (even though JVS, Pan and myself clarified) and/or staying on track.

I think that the claim that there are cultural differences based on race is total bullshit. This is determined nationality, your region, your religion, your upbringing, etc.. I used an analogy and you went on a rant about using the black card, which gave me a legit LOL, but has absolutely nothing to do with the point I made.

Now, are you still not going to clarify what you meant by significant cultural differences? I'm asking you to clarify a statement you made. We can move on after that.

Holy shit finally

Now go and tell pan he was wrong. he thought you were talking about my president comment, you know the fuckin one I highlighted and asked you to comment on.

I also explained myself in the pages that follow.

And it was your fucked up way of worind it that even speakhandsforme told you about. That's why I said the you got your honorary card. It sounded like you were saying you could relate more to blacks than I could.

You don't think there are cultural differences? Everything from dance to music, to hair styles, clothing, dialect, preference in body types(big booty girls!!!!!), political, religious expression, cars, drinks, etc.

Now none of this is because they were born black, but like I already stated, being born into an environment that is black dominated will more than likely lead a person to these differences (there are of course outliers).

Ghetto culture. Good - so not black culture.

So then you're going to stop discussing black culture in terms of ghetto culture I presume?

I ask because many pages back you gave a laundry list of ghetto behavior and mistakenly called them examples of "black culture" when you meant to type "ghetto culture".

When did I discuss black culture as ghetto culture. the only time I have spoke about blacks in a general sense is the religious and voting argument.

Can you direct me to this laundry list please?

We're not talking about the voting, we're talking about the beliefs. To be hypocrites in their voting they must first hold a belief and then vote against it. So, they first hold social and religiously conservative values. Are you saying that they don't hold those beliefs? That the belief system itself is a lie?

And you didn't address my second question: Do you agree that there is no monolithic black culture?

When I have given examples of my coworkers running around talking about how God is the most important thing in their life and that society needs to be more Christian and then they go and vote for the party that represents the exact opposite of what they and their god believes in, then is that not bassackwards?

Statistically blacks are religious, anti abortion, anti gay and pro biblical teachings in society, yet they vote for the party that is agains everyone of those things.

When did I discuss black culture as ghetto culture. the only time I have spoke about blacks in a general sense is the religious and voting argument.

Can you direct me to this laundry list please?

You don't recall typing this:

But being born in a environment that is dominated by blacks will more than likely lead you to that culture.

I haven't seen to many black dudes from the ghetto wearing tapout tshirts, listening to country music and driving supped up ford f150's. I also haven't seen Very many educated blacks listening to Michael buble or guns and roses. Of course there are outliers but for the most part we can classify/stereotype certain activities as black white etc.

or this:

...there is a difference in the basic shit that gets talked about between the races ...

or this:
Even if people don' t like it there is just certain things that we assign to different races...

or this:
When we talk about relationships, the majority of black women I spoke to EXPECT to be cheated on.

or this:
A lot of the black men and women I talked to said that their parents never really pushed education...

You keep saying "black" when you mean to say "ghetto". :(

When I have given examples of my coworkers running around talking about how God is the most important thing in their life and that society needs to be more Christian and then they go and vote for the party that represents the exact opposite of what they and their god believes in, then is that not bassackwards?

Statistically blacks are religious, anti abortion, anti gay and pro biblical teachings in society, yet they vote for the party that is agains everyone of those things.

But statistically they're anti-education? Statistically, they're pro-gang violence?

Of course not, you already said that is ghetto culture. I'm glad you've at least come to realize that the religious, anti abortion, anti gay and pro biblical teachings in society blacks in America are not also against education and supporters of gang violence.

My question is if you're going to stop discussing them in a fashion that runs contrary to that? Are you going to make the effort to delineate between black people and ghetto people or will you continue lumping them in together?

If I did mix up words than that is my bad, I already told you guys I am doing this and watching kids so I am trying to type fast and may not be going into enough detail.

Also any time minorities get brought up people are just looking for anything that might sound weird, just frothing at the mouth to try and say gotcha--KPT for example.

I don't care though, I have lived most my life in and surrounded by black culture/preferences. My stepmom (lord rest her soul) who helped raise me was black and we had many great debates (she was a retired sex crimes investigator with multiple degrees and one of the coolest women I ever had the pleasure of meeting. She died 2 years ago of brain cancer). It's been hard the last couple years I lost my stepmom and then I lost my mom 2 months ago. I don't know why I am typing this, I am tearing up as we speak,

Sorry I don't know where that shit came from , hang on let me compose myself

Got to get back to playing the hard internet image, LOL

A racist is someone who prefers once race over another, but I rarely see it used in this literal form, because that's not really that controversial. That describes everyone I've ever met.

a racist is someone who thinks one race is better than another. this isnt exactly the same as prefering one race or another. most posters in the wr, and most people i think, believe that if their beliefs about racial superiority are justified in their eyes, that this means they arent a racist. as if having supporting "facts" about their beliefs absolves them of the racist title. weird as shit, but i see it all the time.

The reason people never "admit" to being racist is because you guys on the extreme left would call someone racist for wanting the voting age raised to 21 or eating meat. Nobody wants to say "Yeah, I'm that word that you redefine every 10 seconds and fall back on regardless of the topic".

whoa whoa whoa lol. i dont even really know what youre talking about, so id rather you didnt attribute those positions to me.

You don't recall typing this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

You keep saying "black" when you mean to say "ghetto". :(

and where is the mean horrible list that you speak of that I say if you are born into a black environment you are more than likely to have that as your culture?

You said I had a bad list that I put on black culture not ghetto, so where is the list.

You also notice that the comments you copied are from individuals who are speaking of their own life choices? I went to the trouble to list that I asked specific people instead of saying----ALL BLACK WOMEN EXPECT TO GET CHEATED ON AND THEY HIT GUYS. You want to know why I did that, because not all the women said they hit dudes or that they were hit. Did most say it-YES, that doesn't mean that it is a good thing or a bad thing, that is just how these women view society. All I have done was list some of the differences between races (again usually women) that they have spoken to me about.

You may not like it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

I said there are certain things that society puts or stereotypes on blacks and whites. Some are appropriate or probable and some are bad and racist.

So you want me to call these men and women ghetto because they have had life experiences that you don't agree with? Does being hit by a man make the woman a ghetto woman? Do the woman hitting a man make them ghetto?

Does a woman who expects to be cheated on a ghetto woman? Why do you want me to call these individuals ghetto people?

These are black people sharing their beliefs and life experiences.

If I did mix up words than that is my bad, I already told you guys I am doing this and watching kids so I am trying to type fast and may not be going into enough detail.

Also any time minorities get brought up people are just looking for anything that might sound weird, just frothing at the mouth to try and say gotcha--KPT for example.

I don't care though, I have lived most my life in and surrounded by black culture/preferences. My stepmom (lord rest her soul) who helped raise me was black and we had many great debates (she was a retired sex crimes investigator with multiple degrees and one of the coolest women I ever had the pleasure of meeting. She died 2 years ago of brain cancer). It's been hard the last couple years I lost my stepmom and then I lost my mom 2 months ago. I don't know why I am typing this, I am tearing up as we speak,

Sorry I don't know where that shit came from , hang on let me compose myself

Got to get back to playing the hard internet image, LOL

Please take as much time as you need.

I have lived my entire life surrounded by "black culture". The point I keep trying to drive home is that your impression of black culture is limited. You seem only familiar with poor and/or ghetto black people and have assumed that the entirety of black culture reflects that of the worst.

Even when you are statistically aware that black America holds socially conservative values you still believe that they don't actually practice them. You've chosen to treat the worst that you've seen as indicative of the whole, instead of treating them like the outliers that they are.

I had a good friend in h.s. He received a Porshce 911 for his 16th birthday. He drove around listening to hip hop music but didn't wear baggy clothes. He went to a nice state school, he was black and lived "black culture". My high school running back wore baggy clothes, didn't come from money and went to Harvard. He was black and lived "black culture".

When the black people you know are from the ghetto and don't know anything else, they don't get to overwrite what the rest of black America is doing with their lives.

But statistically they're anti-education? Statistically, they're pro-gang violence?

Of course not, you already said that is ghetto culture. I'm glad you've at least come to realize that the religious, anti abortion, anti gay and pro biblical teachings in society blacks in America are not also against education and supporters of gang violence.
My question is if you're going to stop discussing them in a fashion that runs contrary to that? Are you going to make the effort to delineate between black people and ghetto people or will you continue lumping them in together?

come on man what the fuck are you even talking about. I never said the religious blacks were anti education or pro gang violence. You keep putting words in my mouth.

In every fuckin example I gave you I stated talking to individuals and their examples. Never have I said that that individual is a ghetto person because he cheated on his girl or because he hit his girl.

Who said that, I said that a lot of the people I talked to, education was not a huge thing in their family.

Why are you trying to turn specific peoples situations into a group situation?

and where is the mean horrible list that you speak of that I say if you are born into a black environment you are more than likely to have that as your culture?

You said I had a bad list that I put on black culture not ghetto, so where is the list.

You also notice that the comments you copied are from individuals who are speaking of their own life choices? I went to the trouble to list that I asked specific people instead of saying----ALL BLACK WOMEN EXPECT TO GET CHEATED ON AND THEY HIT GUYS. You want to know why I did that, because not all the women said they hit dudes or that they were hit. Did most say it-YES, that doesn't mean that it is a good thing or a bad thing, that is just how these women view society. All I have done was list some of the differences between races (again usually women) that they have spoken to me about.

You may not like it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

I said there are certain things that society puts or stereotypes on blacks and whites. Some are appropriate or probable and some are bad and racist.

So you want me to call these men and women ghetto because they have had life experiences that you don't agree with? Does being hit by a man make the woman a ghetto woman? Do the woman hitting a man make them ghetto?

Does a woman who expects to be cheated on a ghetto woman? Why do you want me to call these individuals ghetto people?

These are black people sharing their beliefs and life experiences.

And you keep taking the small group of black people you've spoken to as evidence of the whole.

Let's try this from another angle. Why do you think that the people you spoke to reflect black culture as a whole and not just ghetto culture?

come on man what the fuck are you even talking about. I never said the religious blacks were anti education or pro gang violence. You keep putting words in my mouth.

In every fuckin example I gave you I stated talking to individuals and their examples. Never have I said that that individual is a ghetto person because he cheated on his girl or because he hit his girl.

Who said that, I said that a lot of the people I talked to, education was not a huge thing in their family.

Why are you trying to turn specific peoples situations into a group situation?

So you're ready to agree that there is no single black culture?

Because you said that this individual who hit his girl should tell us something about black culture as a whole. Or is that not true. We shouldn't be drawing opinions about black culture from your specific examples?

You know what, let's just cut to the chase.

What is your definition of black culture? I don't want anecdotes from random winners or losers. I don't want your impression of the black people you happen to know.

I just want a nice, concise, definition of black culture.

Please take as much time as you need.

I have lived my entire life surrounded by "black culture". The point I keep trying to drive home is that your impression of black culture is limited. You seem only familiar with poor and/or ghetto black people and have assumed that the entirety of black culture reflects that of the worst.

Even when you are statistically aware that black America holds socially conservative values you still believe that they don't actually practice them. You've chosen to treat the worst that you've seen as indicative of the whole, instead of treating them like the outliers that they are.

I had a good friend in h.s. He received a Porshce 911 for his 16th birthday. He drove around listening to hip hop music but didn't wear baggy clothes. He went to a nice state school, he was black and lived "black culture". My high school running back wore baggy clothes, didn't come from money and went to Harvard. He was black and lived "black culture".

When the black people you know are from the ghetto and don't know anything else, they don't get to overwrite what the rest of black America is doing with their lives.

Why when someone disagrees with you is it always their view or life view is better or correct and yours is totally wrong.

Jesus man, I said they don't vote like the believe, I never said they don't live like it, I never mentioned anything on how they live. Why do you keep saying this?

All I said is that there are some cultural differences, I didn't even list them until a page ago after KPT asked.

I said there are some societal or cultural differences in CERTAIN AREAS. I brought up the ray rice situation and hitting.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, with you being a lawyer, when was the last time you spent any real time in the ghetto that didn't involve paper work being signed?

You go to the trouble that my view of things is limited, well is your view not limited. I know you do some charitable work or pro bono but that doesn't mean you have the ear of the ghetto.

I've tried to be cool during this back and forth but you keep trying to get me to defend shit I never said.

Sorry man, I'll take my worldview having been in the trailer parks and ghetto more often and longer than you have in the last 20 years. But you keep on telling me how the real world is in the ghetto and trailer parks up their in your lawyer world.

I am going to stop here, because I don't want to inflame the issue anymore, als because you are one of my favorite posters and I don't want to have an unproductive back and forth with you, I'll save that for speakhandsforme and JVS, LOL

TAKE IT EASY MAN.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, with you being a lawyer, when was the last time you spent any real time in the ghetto that didn't involve paper work being signed?

You go to the trouble that my view of things is limited, well is your view not limited. I know you do some charitable work or pro bono but that doesn't mean you have the ear of the ghetto.

I've tried to be cool during this back and forth but you keep trying to get me to defend shit I never said.

Sorry man, I'll take my worldview having been in the trailer parks and ghetto more often and longer than you have in the last 20 years. But you keep on telling me how the real world is in the ghetto and trailer parks up their in your lawyer world.

I am going to stop here, because I don't want to inflame the issue anymore, als because you are one of my favorite posters and I don't want to have an unproductive back and forth with you, I'll save that for speakhandsforme and JVS, LOL

TAKE IT EASY MAN.

I'm in the ghetto fairly frequently. But you're right, I don't live there. I have friends who live there, I have clients who live there. I have family that lived there. Just because I don't live there doesn't mean I don't go there. Haven't I mentioned that my family didn't come to this country with money? Or that my dad was a member of the Black Panther party in the 70's.

I break bread with drug dealers regularly (they buy property and run businesses too), I sit in their homes and play with their kids. I know more than enough people living on welfare and have lengthy conversations about their lives. But you're right, I don't live in the ghetto.

Now think very carefully about what you just said. You'll take your knowledge of the ghetto over mine. Okay. But your knowledge of the ghetto doesn't make it knowledge of black America.

I'll take my knowledge of black America over your knowledge of the ghetto every single time.

Last edited:
I think most have come to a realization that the current "trend" of leadership is an absolute failure. We need plan B-Z in order to get out of this mess created by our incompetent leaders. :icon_lol: We need a unified structure for more reliable and less corrupt forward movement.

About 99% of the War Room simply parrots ideas they found on a Facebook share or from stories they read that fit their confirmation bias.

The other 1% (across the political spectrum) are educated and have the ability to free think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back