• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayweather vs Maidana 2 RBR

Oh wait you mean like the first fight where the ref didnt do shit.

FYI floyd still won that fight.

The ref still allowed tons of clinches in the first fight with no penalty...

and Floyd should win the fight.. If Devon Alexander can beat him.. floyd should easily... easily beat him... Maidana is a bum compared to Floyd.. he's not on that level...he never was.. but he especially can not make up the difference between them if on top of having a huge skill and talent edge, Mayweather gets to use the ref for free resets any time Maidana gets close to him

Look, when fighters are in this position-

tumblr_mtw4houpQW1rrujk2o1_1280.jpg

Neither fighter can legally punch there. You cant "fight out of it" because there's no legal punch there for either fighter

Thats why the ref jumps in to break it. Yes one guy is clinching but that doesn't mean it suddenly legal to rabbit punch.

This is what was happening in Floyd/Maidana 2, where in the first fight, Maidana did the work before the ref could get in there.

alright guys.. talk to ya another time.. Im crashing out...

again.. not trying to be abrasive.. just can't stand this type of fighting.. it is slowing the game to a crawl and killing it slowly..

its like telling everyone you are throwing the greatest party on earth..they all show up.. and there's no beer..no girls...

Mayweather brings all these people to our party and then showed them the most mind numbing..boring... side of our sport.. they don't get to see the good side of our sport.. and maybe they wont come back..
Holding on for dear life is no way to inspire a fanbase..

Ill just leave it at that

Look, when fighters are in this position-

tumblr_mtw4houpQW1rrujk2o1_1280.jpg

Neither fighter can legally punch there. You cant "fight out of it" because there's no legal punch there for either fighter

Thats why the ref jumps in to break it. Yes one guy is clinching but that doesn't mean it suddenly legal to rabbit punch.

This is what was happening in Floyd/Maidana 2, where in the first fight, Maidana did the work before the ref could get in there.

Im not saying it is.. but the cost of giving your opponent no option but to foul or give up the realestate he just earned with stamina and risk.. that should cost the offending fighter in points..

I don't think a point deduction was necessary, but it wasn't like that point made the difference in the fight.

It was a sympathy point that Floyd got for complaining about being bitten.
Floyd won, not disputing that.

Yeah, I'm in round 9 of watching this again and I think when some of you watch this again, you'll see Maidana was clinching just as much.

Maidana even complains to the ref late in the round, after he goes in and tries to hold and hit.

I didnt want to see this fight and saw it anyways

Same thing as before, keep may off the ropes and its a easy win.

Maidana simply is not good enough to beat him in the middle of the ring.

The ref still allowed tons of clinches in the first fight with no penalty...

and Floyd should win the fight.. If Devon Alexander can beat him.. floyd should easily... easily beat him... Maidana is a bum compared to Floyd.. he's not on that level...he never was.. but he especially can not make up the difference between them if on top of having a huge skill and talent edge, Mayweather gets to use the ref for free resets any time Maidana gets close to him

I would counter with (even though maidana will not change his style) that maidana needs to go ape shit crazy with his punches. If he was more controlled alot of the punches being landed would be to the back of the head or low. When maidana does this any fighter will clinch.

I think you are really going overboard with this clinching fest you are on. Fighters do it all the time and refs dont anything about it because it is a part of the game. FLoyd did it more in this fight than i have ever seen but it still should of only got a warning or two and floyd would of stopped.

Sorry the greatest fighter of all time has done it again

Fuck you dude...

He reset them 5-6 feet apart.. and broke the fighters many times when Maidana was resisting the clinch..

I'd expect Floyd to use his legal tools to get off the ropes.. he does it when he wants to.. he just finds it easier to have the ref do it for him

? Chill the hell out man. You're getting way heated over a misunderstanding of clinching and what you'd like to see rather than what is. The distance reset is at the discretion of the ref. I can see how you may come to the conclusion that bayless was way out of line, but I still think that assuming what needs to be done in that situation is better understood by you rather a trained and very experienced professional, is borderline absurd. all I'm.saying is that Bayless did want Bayless does, he breaks stuff up quick if clinches happen, Maidana should have known that and kept busy inside. He was totally dismissive of the ref reveal during the Showtime special, and that shows his total lack of experience at the PPV/ upper- elite level.

The fight went as I expected the first fight to go, easy work for Floyd. Too bad Maidana got an unearned rematch, as there's so many more exciting fights for Floyd out there, especially now when he's only got two fights left.

What the fuck was the ref doing there? Intentionally intervening? I certainly hope it was due to the round ending or some such?

If that were the case, there would be A LOT of people complaining. The round was over.

Seemed like Floyd took some big, clean shots tonight. Maidana didn't land much, but when he did, they were flush. That said, this was the worst match I've seen this year thus far. The clinching, the fouls, and that last round...just terrible.

? Chill the hell out man. You're getting way heated over a misunderstanding of clinching and what you'd like to see rather than what is. The distance reset is at the discretion of the ref. I can see how you may come to the conclusion that bayless was way out of line, but I still think that assuming what needs to be done in that situation is better understood by you rather a trained and very experienced professional, is borderline absurd. all I'm.saying is that Bayless did want Bayless does, he breaks stuff up quick if clinches happen, Maidana should have known that and kept busy inside. He was totally dismissive of the ref reveal during the Showtime special, and that shows his total lack of experience at the PPV/ upper- elite level.

Balyess was in Floyds pockets open your eyes man

What the fuck was the ref doing there? Intentionally intervening? I certainly hope it was due to the round ending or some such?

When that punch landed I thought HOLY SHIT but the bell rang and Floyd being Floyd had exceptional recovery and came out the next round like nothing happened. But you definitely can tell he was rocked by that punch.

When that punch landed I thought HOLY SHIT but the bell rang and Floyd being Floyd had exceptional recovery and came out the next round like nothing happened. But you definitely can tell he was rocked by that punch.

it busted his lip lol

Not really. The next round (4th round) was Floyd's worst of the fight he was smacked from pillar to post. But by the 5th he'd recovered.

Back