‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

A stupid partisan bill that won't survive a review by any federal court.

I look forward to this thread reaching 4,000 posts though.

Dude, what are you talking about? What freedom did I lose when KKK were required to be unmasked during marches? Jeezy weezy, you're melodramatic.

This is pretty much to unmask protesters. Why shouldn't a protester be allowed to wear a mask? We already have laws dealing with assault and destruction of property? Here you and people like yourself are wanting laws aimed at making sure you can identify a protester. This is an attack on the first amendment. Just because you don't protest and aren't out there with a mask exercising your fist amendment right to the full, you are willing to give up part of that right as long as no one else gets to use it.

IT changes nothing for any conservative.

Are these guys conservatives?

JRCF3FKLKROZNRZTOLFC34R25E.jpg

h_14994647.jpg

I'd assume those guys are breaking the same rules about wearing masks.

I think everyone should really cut back on talking about conservatives and liberals, or the left and the right, in such broad terms. I think it's a bit silly, honestly. Unless it is something that is directly related to their platform. I don't see those guys as conservatives any more than I see antifa as liberals. What they do, and who they are does not align with the bulk of the others in those groups at all.

Are these guys conservatives?

JRCF3FKLKROZNRZTOLFC34R25E.jpg

h_14994647.jpg

I think everyone should really cut back on talking about conservatives and liberals, or the left and the right, in such broad terms. I think it's a bit silly, honestly. Unless it is something that is directly related to their platform.
The first guy, if he assaulted someone, I'd be OK with them charging him the same way. The rest aren't really disguised.

The first guy, if he assaulted someone, I'd be OK with them charging him the same way. The rest aren't really disguised.

No? They certainly look disguised to me, at least the guy on the right does. He is just as disguised as batman ever was. They also appear to be dressed for battle. Or dungeons and dragons. Something like that.

This is pretty much to unmask protesters. Why shouldn't a protester be allowed to wear a mask? We already have laws dealing with assault and destruction of property? Here you and people like yourself are wanting laws aimed at making sure you can identify a protester. This is an attack on the first amendment. Just because you don't protest and aren't out there with a mask exercising your fist amendment right to the full, you are willing to give up part of that right as long as no one else gets to use it.
Because if a guy wears a mask and commits a crime it is infinitely harder to catch them. So you make the punishment worse to dissuade people from wearing masks in the first place, which will hopefully lead to less crime.

It's the reason why everyone on the internet, under the guise of anonymity, can say the most horrible shit to each other, but as soon as they step to someone face to face you notice that hostility flies out the window.

No? They certainly look disguised to me, at least the guy on the right does. He is just as disguised as batman ever was. They also appear to be dressed for battle. Or dungeons and dragons. Something like that.
their faces are all exposed, same as if they were wearing any hat.

I dont feel safe knowing that you can own a rifle. I dont want you to have that.
If I'm constantly assaulting people with the rifle your fear would be justified. Thanks for playing.

their faces are all exposed, same as if they were wearing any hat.

And giant goggles? How is a hat and giant goggles that cover everything except for his nose mouth not a disguise? Does his stick and shield not also indicate the intention to cause violence? Let's look at him again.

h_14994647.jpg

No issue there? Perfectly reasonable way to go out in public. No attempt to conceal his identity or provoke violence?

What about the group of guys behind him? I see at least three people with masks on.

If I'm constantly assaulting people with the rifle your fear would be justified. Thanks for playing.
If I'm constantly assaulting people in my mask your fear would be justified. Good game.

Not just no, hell no. I despise Antifa but this is not the way to handle it. The guys pushing this legislation need to stop and think about how this might be used against them if the political and social winds change in an unfavorable direction. We should be very circumspect about giving government more tools to go after people even if we think it will only be used against those who truly deserving.

You're right. I should fight for the right to remain masked while committing a multitude of armed assault against other who also expressing their First Amendment rights. Wait a minute...

I feel like the alt-right or what ever they call themselves now and the antifa or alt-left need to be monitored on the web and they both need to leave those disguises at home. And a law bringing assault rifles to protest and other gatherings that might bring opposing groups together need to be put in place. I see these things as inflammatory and or fear provoking.

Because if a guy wears a mask and commits a crime it is infinitely harder to catch them. So you make the punishment worse to dissuade people from wearing masks in the first place, which will hopefully lead to less crime.

It's the reason why everyone on the internet, under the guise of anonymity, can say the most horrible shit to each other, but as soon as they step to someone face to face you notice that hostility flies out the window.

It's funny to me how so many conservatives cry about freedom, and yet are so glad to give it up when it suits them. "We need to make the governments job easier, so give up your rights". Just like the god damned patriot act. What a bunch of spineless fools. How many people have been killed by masked antifa. that I should be so willing to give up any freedom at all?

Edit: @Rematch

It's funny to me how so many conservatives cry about freedom, and yet are so glad to give it up when it suits them. "We need to make the governments job easier, so give up your rights". Just like the god damned patriot act. What a bunch of spineless fools. How many people have been killed by masked antifa. that I should be so willing to give up any freedom at all?

You don't have the freedom to commit crimes while wearing a mask. So no one is losing any freedom with this bill.

Its fucking pathetic. These guys should be ashamed of themselves.

Back