10 Reasons Why JUSTICE LEAGUE Flopped at the U.S. Box Office

Hey I really thought it wasn't going to happen, for better or worse it did

giphy.gif

still I'm sad to see this has disappointed at the box office
sad_batman.gif
Dude, as long as you liked it, I'm happy. I might even see it tomorrow if Ishtar isn't playing.

Yea the system is silly just a good / bad critic review ratio.

This all dislike / like era, I want my grey area, I want my layers on those likes and dislikes.. the 1 to 10 system is better for me, have everyone do that and then add them all and have the final number from the critics, yes it takes more thinking at that final score you stamp on it but you have more ideas put into it and a little more responsibility when you put a number down.

Saw JL last night and my score could be anything from 6 / 6.5 / to max 7.. depends on what you want to focus more on, it's not a bad bad movie you can have fun with it but not a lot of repeated viewing value with it, I don't see a point of having the bluray or watching it every few years or so.

In fact I would probably pick BvS to re-watch then this movie and this current movie is a better movie but once you see it that's about it just some super hero action scenes, like a hardcore fan doing clips full of action and fan service and adding them together that's the movie, you eat your popcorn and have fun with it but you don't really wanna see it again after you are done.

Really, Metacritic is better than RT, but for whatever reason Metacritic never has gotten a hold of the market like RT has. Not only is the scoring system more nuanced but they also separate reviews into positive, mixed and negative piles, rather than just positive and negative.

Unfortunately, Metacritic recently re-designed their site and it went from being very sleek and elegant to being tacky and having ads all over the fucking place.

Start from the beginining (except for wonderwomen) and give it all to sensei Berlanti and Patty jenkins

Really, Metacritic is better than RT, but for whatever reason Metacritic never has gotten a hold of the market like RT has. Not only is the scoring system more nuanced but they also separate reviews into positive, mixed and negative piles, rather than just positive and negative.

Unfortunately, Metacritic recently re-designed their site and it went from being very sleek and elegant to being tacky and having ads all over the fucking place.

I have found that you cant really trust anyone to tell you if a movie its good or not

For example I know a guy who rated Geostorm a 7. I personally thought it was a 1

This is the reason JL sucked:

Because the people making the movies (Snyder/executives) are just making god damn stupid movies. Their successes come when they hand the project over to really talented people and let them make magic. Suicide Squad tanked because the executive input was fucking ridiculous and they new the final product sucked so badly that they handed it to a trailer-studio to recut because they were literally desperate to find something that would seem hip to fans.

The thing Marvel is doing well is they are creating movies with characters that are basically how every comic book fan pictured them. DC is going the opposite route: they're taking big chances. It pays off when they give the projects to Christopher Nolan and Patty Jenkins, but tanks when they give the project to a fucking idiot like Zack Snyder. Captain America: Civil War was literally what every fanboy imagined when they pictured those characters. For comparison, Zack Snyder was giving interviews about how, in his movies, Bruce Wayne would get raped in prison.

Marvel puts out movies that connects with people's internal images of the characters. DC hands the reigns over to a fucking idiot and lets him drive their entire universe in directions that the audience doesn't want, then the executives jump on board with their wildly stupid, misfiring ideas to right a badly listing ship, only have the entire thing go down. In flames, which is fucking impressive for a boat.

Making good, successful movies is hard. Making good, successful movies that launch extended universes is almost impossible. The only successful examples of it is Marvel, Lego and John Wick... and I'm not even sure that was John Wick's intent: they probably just set out to make a damn good movie and popped out something that mesmerized people with the unseen corners of John Wick's world. Sony's Spider-Man, the Terminator Franchise, the Dark Universe franchise all fucking tanked because they laid the foundation for an extended universe in a half-assed, stupid way and then inserted those cinematic appetizers into movies that, by themselves, were stupid and half-assed! And DC most definitely falls into this category, except they look more ridiculous than most because they have significantly more advantages than any other studio out there and are FAILING IN THE DUMBEST POSSIBLE WAYS EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's like if they took the weights off of Seabiscuit, put him at the starting line to demolish significantly handicapped competition and then starting hitting him in the legs with sledge hammers just before the race began.

(Transformers is doing the extended universe thing, too, with 14 movies in production and are literally only held afloat by the Chinese box office because they're starting to fail just as hard as everyone else.)

10.5. [Bonus] Some people thought it wasn’t happening or it’s not real
pVyJwwD.jpg

For years, @prod2821 kept telling posters that the Justice League movie is not happening and it’s not real. This might have affected a lot of the posters into believing that the movie is fake and influenced them to just watch The Punisher on Netflix instead. My "sources" tell me that San Antonio has the lowest ticket sales for Justice League among all the cities around the world.
CanineDrearyDrafthorse-max-1mb.gif

Maybe DC needs some sort of Stan Lee to make guest appearances on every DC movie

No. 1 should Marvel getting there before them.

DC needs to get away from WB.

No Green Lantern

The Justice League without Green Lantern is like the X-Men without Cyclops.

It's not Canon.

10. Seventh member was deleted from final cut
LKOCsvK.jpg

One of the reasons for Justice League’s stumble at the box office is the removal of all the scenes of the seventh member - Steve - in the actual movie despite being heavily promoted in their posters [1] [2], cover books [3], behind-the-scenes photo [4] and they even showed a clip [5] of this member in action. Snyder even teased Steve way back in 2015 when he tweeted a Justice League image with the slogan “Unite the Seven.” Such a shame, I for one would have liked to see war criminal and Marvel turncoat Steve kick some parademon butts.

I might be mistaken because I didn't see the movie but I believe Steve died fighting alongside Wonder Woman in the past.

#1 Zack Snyder

DCEU has been a mixed bag for me, the best movies in order

1. Wonder woman
2. Justice League
3. Suicide squad
4. Man of Steel
5. BvS

Only thing I really dislike and will never rematch is BvS...but basically everything I actually like about DCEU is IN SPITE OF Mr Snyder.

#2 WB execs.
There's plenty of good stuff in there but basically with the exception of MoS and Wonder woman, every movie is pretty much a disjointed mess.

Last edited:
I honestly hope you get paid for the amount of time you put into Sherdog movie threads. Now that I think about it, that’s all you do. Weird.

You know what, I think I’ll go back to the OT since I’m trying to get my original account back. I have a feeling any more posts in this thread will interfere with that. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back