10 years on Sherdog (decade member brahs...GTFIH)

I found sherdog in 2003, was getting into watching MMA, and was googling info on that infamous brawler i had just watched Tank Abbot. Became a fan of the website instantly, and learned a lot of american culture too (although ive been there before).

Open my first account in 2004, and was banned a couple of times.
I found it weird that posters were allowed to be very agressive and racist, yet when somebody talk shit back regarding USA you were instantly banned. Not whinning though.

One time I was banned because I couldn't believe my eyes watching japanese fighters entrances riding baby bycicles and customes, and shit, and wondered out loud if somehow any of that strange behaviour was anyhow linked to a pedophile culture. Bang ! Was banned.

Remember when the fighters records used to have vids of the fights ? I loved that shit, some obscure interesting oldschool diamonds in there.

Last edited:
Hmm, I MIGHT have an 06 account.. but sometimes you gotta shed your skin like a snake, on account of it being riddled with herpes

Joining this forum was the worst decision I ever made.

I just hit 10 years. I still lurk daily but never post.

I remember around that time the main site was the only place I could find some of the dark ages UFC tapes and DVD's, like UFC 31, 32, etc. They used to have a shop where you could buy stuff like that back in the day.

I’ve got to be close by now but I’m on mobile so I can’t see my join date. Since joining I’ve:

-got hammered in Seattle at an unofficial meet up

-got b& briefly for trolling the help forum

-got serious about OT posting

-followed a few offshoots

-had an mma fight and posted it

-had a boxing match and posted it

-survived the purge involving wolveswithkeys and his dad mod protecting him when it was discovered he got arrested for lighting cars and houses on fire.

Flew to Vegas to train boxing with an F11 mod

-had bukowski82 try to fight me IRL.

-met @Limbo Pete ’s wife.

Jesus Christ guys it’s just a karate forum.

2004, took me a few tries till though

Went from 20 ppd to nothing now

I found Sherdog when I was looking for an MMA highlight vid on youtube.

I saw the spinning logo at the bottom and the rest is history.

Same, 2006 Bro checking in.

lurking since god talked to moses.
8iNmW.gif

Yup. I'm here and still old as fuck

10 years, though I don't post much anymore. Turned into more of a lurker, these past couple years.

I should get my old custom belt back up. It looks pretty goofy now, because of the new site layout, but it blends in with the old chain link fence/cage layout. I'm sure some of you guys remember that layout.

I've been here since the mid nineties. Got banned multiple times for Bisping bashing.

I lurked for several years before I actually joined. When I did join I didn't post much until a few years ago, especially when I found the mayberry. I'm glad I rarely visit the OT.

So this month I have been a member for 10 years (disregard my join date. I've been resurrected a few times).

I don't know whether to feel a sense of accomplishment, or to cry.

Anyone else been here 10 years?

discuss.
why do u keep coming back? i come back because of the laughs, honest responses (bad or good) and support, hope u feel the same

sorry , a bans a ban , you have 3 more years to go

How many glasses of lemonade in water cups have you stole in that time?
How many employees took their job too seriously and bothered him about taking soda and cups without permission?

To respond to the op...
Idunno man. I only got carried away with Sherdog once my personal life took a shittier turn than usual and I didn't have much going on to keep me occupied. That was years ago. Maybe that's a reminder that I never fully recovered (lol, not maybe definitely is a sign). So maybe if I get it together I'll reduce my sherdoggin.
I don't really think it's bad that I've been around for a long time. I wasn't overdoing it back in the day. I actually spent the first year lurking (2005).
Times change, though.

Back