International 16-Year-Old Girl In Coma After Alleged Assault Over Hijab Rules In Iran Metro

Islam-is-the-Religion-of-Peace-T-shirt-Graphics-25762097-2-580x387.jpg

The Islam apologists will come at me again but fuck it I'll say it again anyway. There's a reason Andrew Tate, Fresh N Fit, and a growing number of men in the Red Pill Community gravitate towards this religion. It's all about control. Tired of hearing the argument "well, there's a ton of women that join the religion each year." Well yeah no shit! Look at what they'll do if you dare defy them. Backwards religion that is in desperate need of reform. The alliance with the left should have ended long ago, they have nothing in common with our beliefs and values.

The Kurdish-focused rights group Hengaw said the teenager, named as Armita Garawand, had been badly injured in a confrontation on the Tehran metro with female police officers.

n95ne1io_armita-garawand_625x300_04_October_23.jpg

Paris: An Iranian girl, aged 16, has been left in a coma and is being treated in hospital under heavy security after an assault on the Tehran subway, a rights group said on Tuesday, blaming the Islamic republic's notorious morality police.

The Kurdish-focused rights group Hengaw said the teenager, named as Armita Garawand, had been badly injured in a confrontation on the Tehran metro with female police officers.

This has already been denied by the Iranian authorities who say that the girl "fainted" due to low blood pressure and that there was no involvement of the security forces.

Iranian authorities remain on high alert for any upsurge of social tension just over a year after the death in custody of Mahsa Amini who had been arrested for allegedly violating the strict dress rules for women.

Her death sparked several months of protests that rattled Iran's clerical leadership and only dwindled in the face of a crackdown that according to activists has seen thousands arrested and hundreds killed.

Hengaw said that Garawand was left with severe injuries after being apprehended and physically attacked by agents of the so-called morality police at the Shohada metro station in Tehran on Sunday.

It said she was being treated under tight security at Tehran's Fajr hospital and "there are currently no visits allowed for the victim, not even from her family".

The organisation later published a picture it said was of Garawand in her hospital bed, showing her head and neck heavily bandaged and attached to a feeding tube. "Her state of consciousness is unchanged", it added.

Her parents gave an interview to Iranian state media at the hospital but "in the presence of high-ranking security officers" and "under considerable pressure", Hengaw said.

'Increased violence'

Though a resident of Tehran, Garawand hails from the city of Kermanshah in Kurdish-populated western Iran, Hengaw said.

Maryam Lotfi, a journalist from the Shargh daily newspaper, sought in the aftermath of the incident to visit the hospital but was immediately detained. She was subsequently released, it added.

The case has become the subject of intense discussion on social media, with a purported video of the incident said by some to show the teen, with friends and apparently unveiled, being pushed into the metro by female police agents and then an immobile body pulled out.

Masood Dorosti, managing director of the Tehran subway system, denied there was "any verbal or physical conflict" between the student and "passengers or metro executives".

"Some rumours about a confrontation with metro agents... are not true and CCTV footage refutes this claim," Dorosti told state news agency IRNA.

The IranWire news site, based outside Iran, cited a source as saying she had sustained a "head injury" after being pushed by the officers.

A year after Amini's death, Iranian authorities have launched a renewed push to crack down on women defying the Islamic republic's strict dress rules for women, including the mandatory hijab.

The New York-based Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI) said women and girls "face increased violence, arbitrary arrests and heightened discrimination after the Islamic Republic re-activated its forced-veiling police patrols"

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/arm...ssault-over-hijab-rules-in-iran-metro-4447597

Somehow I don't think its an accident that both this girl and Mahsa Amini are Kurdish girls from Kurdish towns who were viciously accosted upon coming to Tehran. And yet most reports will point out their ethnicity but don't seem interested in any connection here.

This gets to one of the sinister aspects of these laws. Women in general are not prone to serious anti-social behavior like violence or property crime and so they are far less likely to interact with police as suspects. Criminalizing something mundane that they do gives the police a pretext to mess with women for ulterior reasons like ethnic disdain. In the case of Mahsa do we even know that she wasn't wearing hijab properly? How is that even determined? Seems like enforcement allows for lots of discretion and when you allow officers extensive discretion that is where bigotry can creep in.

My guess is these rules are enforced less in the periphery where the ethnic minorities make up a regional majority but if any of these minorities move to Persian dominated areas like Tehran they face more scrutiny from the security forces.
The Islam apologists will come at me again but fuck it I'll say it again anyway. There's a reason Andrew Tate, Fresh N Fit, and a growing number of men in the Red Pill Community gravitate towards this religion. It's all about control. Tired of hearing the argument "well, there's a ton of women that join the religion each year." Well yeah no shit! Look at what they'll do if you dare defy them. Backwards religion that is in desperate need of reform. The alliance with the left should have ended long ago, they have nothing in common with our beliefs and values.
What does this even mean? Islamic Republic bad therefore Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib should be ejected from the party? Should Democrats double down on War on Terror rhetoric and support surveillance of Muslims? Its not like there's an official alliance, the Democrats are more welcoming of religious and ethnic diversity and therefore Muslims feel they represent our interests better so should Democrats do a 180 on those issue and ostracize Muslims?

Did you just assume her gender?

Ironically Iran is weirdly progressive on transgender issues after Khomeini met a trannie that convinced him on the issue.

That being said even if i was trans i wouldn't like to legally be a woman in Iran.

Oh yeah i missed that part. I had assumed that "morality police" were men.

Nah, the Iranian morality police its full of Karens who want to make all women miserly like them.

Don’t forgot Iran are the good guys but also America is responsible for this because we supported a dictator 50 years ago.
Obviously America should not have overthrown a democratically elected government, that was the wrong thing to do, but anyone who thinks that absent that coup there would be a democratic Iran today is, to put it lightly, being wildly optimistic.
Nah, the Iranian morality police its full of Karens who want to make all women miserly like them.
I'd be surprised if ethnic animosity isn't at play here on some level. Is it really a coincidence that both these incidents involve Kurdish girls who lived most of their lives in the Kurdish regions and were attacked shortly after moving to Tehran? Doubtful.

Somehow I don't think its an accident that both this girl and Mahsa Amini are Kurdish girls from Kurdish towns who were viciously accosted upon coming to Tehran. And yet most reports will point out their ethnicity but don't seem interested in any connection here.

This gets to one of the sinister aspects of these laws. Women in general are not prone to serious anti-social behavior like violence or property crime and so they are far less likely to interact with police as suspects. Criminalizing something mundane that they do gives the police a pretext to mess with women for ulterior reasons like ethnic disdain. In the case of Mahsa do we even know that she wasn't wearing hijab properly? How is that even determined? Seems like enforcement allows for lots of discretion and when you allow officers extensive discretion that is where bigotry can creep in.

My guess is these rules are enforced less in the periphery where the ethnic minorities make up a regional majority but if any of these minorities move to Persian dominated areas like Tehran they face more scrutiny from the security forces.

What does this even mean? Islamic Republic bad therefore Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib should be ejected from the party? Should Democrats double down on War on Terror rhetoric and support surveillance of Muslims? Its not like there's an official alliance, the Democrats are more welcoming of religious and ethnic diversity and therefore Muslims feel they represent our interests better so should Democrats do a 180 on those issue and ostracize Muslims?
Sorry dude I’m just not going to get into this with you. I don’t debate religious people anymore. It’s pointless really. Never once had a productive argument with a hardcore theist. I mean right away you get emotional and start building a strawman against me. Never said anything about booting politicians. This is part of your identity and you feel personally attacked. It’s hard to have a meaningful discussion when someone feels their entire identity is under attack. It’s my opinion that the religion treats women and lgbt like dirt and that’s counter to what I believe. you’re just going to have to accept that we don’t agree on this one.

Sorry dude I’m just not going to get into this with you. I don’t debate religious people anymore. It’s pointless really. Never once had a productive argument with a hardcore theist. I mean right away you get emotional and start building a strawman against me. Never said anything about booting politicians. This is part of your identity and you feel personally attacked. It’s hard to have a meaningful discussion when someone feels their entire identity is under attack. It’s just my opinion that the religion treats women and lgbt like dirt and that’s counter to what I believe. Sorry man you’re just going to have to accept that we don’t agree on this one
You can't have a productive discussion about these matters because most of the time you have no idea what you're talking about. You're the kind of guy who, by his own admission, fell for communist propaganda around the Uighur issue so yeah of course you're a sucker for bad ideas in regards to these matters. Religion bad, communism good is as deep as you get.

You can't have a productive discussion about these matters because most of the time you have no idea what you're talking about. You're the kind of guy who, by his own admission, fell for communist propaganda around the Uighur issue so yeah of course you're a sucker for bad ideas in regards to these matters. Religion bad, communism good is as deep as you get.
China isn’t communist and I’m not a communist. Again another strawman. You’re too emotional on this topic

Most religions are shit to women. Maybe not as overtly as Islam, but they all have their issues. From Judaism, to Christianity, its obvious these are all power plays. Control is what is has always been about. You can talk of modesty etc and it is always bullshit. Making women wear coverings is bullshit and reeks of insecure men making the laws. Beating women because of it is criminal and I have zero respect for a faith that allows it.

Uh okay, have a nice day then.
You’ve got to stop feeling so personally attacked that you feel the need to build a strawman against me. I never once said I’m a communist and I’ve never wished for America to continue its war on terror. You can go to any thread about Afghanistan and I was on the side of defending Biden pulling out. I’ve often criticized how much we spent there versus how we could have helped Americans with that same money. You don’t need to respond any further but just thought I’d say I don’t appreciate the lying especially coming from a mod. All you had to do is explain why the red pill gravitates to Islam and not other religions but instead you just felt the need to make stuff up about me

You’ve got to stop feeling so personally attacked that you feel the need to build a strawman against me. I never once said I’m a communist and I’ve never wished for America to continue its war on terror. You can go to any thread about Afghanistan and I was on the side of defending Biden pulling out. I’ve often criticized how much we spent there versus how we could have helped Americans with that same money. You don’t need to respond any further but just thought I’d say I don’t appreciate the lying especially coming from a mod. All you had to do is explain why the red pill gravitates to Islam and not other religions but instead you just felt the need to make stuff up about me
I asked you some questions and you gave me a condescending non-answer, did you expect that I'd take that kindly? And anyway, what did you mean when you said this?
The alliance with the left should have ended long ago, they have nothing in common with our beliefs and values.
What does that look like in practice?

Most religions are shit to women. Maybe not as overtly as Islam, but they all have their issues. From Judaism, to Christianity, its obvious these are all power plays. Control is what is has always been about. You can talk of modesty etc and it is always bullshit. Making women wear coverings is bullshit and reeks of insecure men making the laws. Beating women because of it is criminal and I have zero respect for a faith that allows it.
The coverings are one of the worst aspects to me, especially in the Middle East nations. Imagine how fucking hot it must be being covered head to toe in black of all colors. It is insecurity, even some Christians like that aspect of their culture. I remember some annoying Christian went viral telling girls to cover up at the beach. They get angry at women for making them sin.. In their minds it’s the fault of the women for causing them to lust

I asked you some questions and you gave me a condescending non-answer, did you expect that I'd take that kindly? And anyway, what did you mean when you said this?

What does that look like in practice?
It means no need cater to the votes. I don’t know how you got let’s commit more war atrocities and kick Muslims out of the party from that. A little extreme to go in that direction but part of me thinks you’re doing so because you’re holding onto a grudge. thought we were past that

I'd be surprised if ethnic animosity isn't at play here on some level. Is it really a coincidence that both these incidents involve Kurdish girls who lived most of their lives in the Kurdish regions and were attacked shortly after moving to Tehran? Doubtful.

Who knows in this particular case but overall a lot of conservative women are more than willing to exert their moral ideas on other women, you know like how Karens work but with political power.

Persepolis has a scene about it

It means no need cater to the votes. I don’t know how you got let’s commit more war atrocities and kick Muslims out of the party from that. A little extreme to go in that direction but part of me thinks you’re doing so because you’re holding onto a grudge. thought we were past that
I don't hold any grudges but I do like to come at bad takes which is what you dropped ITT. At no point do the Democrats cater to Muslim votes, in the US its the other way around with Muslim politicians like Ilhan Omar catering to progressives. What you seem to be implying is that leftists should be less tolerant to Muslims the way French authorities are. They definitely don't cater to Muslims over there.
Who knows in this particular case but overall a lot of conservative women are more than willing to exert their moral ideas on other women, you know like how Karens work but with political power.

Persepolis has a scene about it

I've seen the film and understand that dynamic well but dismissing the importance of the ethnic divide here seems really short-sighted. If the police force in the capital city of another authoritarian multi-ethnic state had killed two girls from the same ethnic minority shortly after they arrived in the capital in dubious instances about a year apart most of us would immediately assume that ethnic hatred was at play. But for some reason not in these cases. Remember the protests were more intense in the regions inhabited by ethnic minorities like Kurds and Azeris, I don't think that's an accident. Iran is incredibly sensitive to the potential for ethnic separatism so I think its only natural that their police force, especially those in the capital, might be uniquely oppressive towards ethnic minorities. But if you can blame religion then most people seem satisfied with that kind of explanation and look no further.

Last edited:
I don't hold any grudges but I do like to come at bad takes which is what you dropped ITT. At no point do the Democrats cater to Muslim votes, in the US its the other way around with Muslim politicians like Ilhan Omar catering to progressives. What you seem to be implying is that leftists should be less tolerant to Muslims the way French authorities are. They definitely don't cater to Muslims over there.

I've seen the film and understand that dynamic well but dismissing the importance of the ethnic divide here seems really short-sighted. If the police force in the capital city of another authoritarian multi-ethnic state had killed two girls from the same ethnic minority shortly after they arrived in the capital in dubious instances about a year apart most of us would immediately assume that ethnic hatred was at play. But for some reason not in these cases. Remember the protests were more intense in the regions inhabited by ethnic minorities like Kurds and Azeris, I don't think that's an accident. Iran is incredibly sensitive to the potential for ethnic separatism so I think its only natural that their police force, especially

I've seen the film and understand that dynamic well but dismissing the importance of the ethnic divide here seems really short-sighted. If the police force in the capital city of another authoritarian multi-ethnic state had killed two girls from the same ethnic minority shortly after they arrived in the capital in dubious instances about a year apart most of us would immediately assume that ethnic hatred was at play. But for some reason not in these cases. Remember the protests were more intense in the regions inhabited by ethnic minorities like Kurds and Azeris, I don't think that's an accident. Iran is incredibly sensitive to the potential for ethnic separatism so I think its only natural that their police force, especially those in the capital, might be uniquely oppressive towards ethnic minorities. But if you can blame religion then most people seem satisfied with that kind of explanation and look no further.
Then all you had to do was tell me why it’s a bad take instead of going the easy strawman route. Just answer why it is that red pillers gravitate towards Islam and not other religions nearly as much. And if you say they’re denounced well that’s sadly not true either as Andrew Tate is celebrated by young Muslims for turning to their religion. You can’t just admit that Islam has this reputation for a reason? I’m not even saying all of the faith is bad, I’m just saying that some reform needs to be made in the areas that are most extreme. It seems you have trouble with that when it shouldn’t be hard to call out.

Then all you had to do was tell me why it’s a bad take instead of going the easy strawman route. Just answer why it is that red pillers gravitate towards Islam and not other religions nearly as much. And if you say they’re denounced well that’s sadly not true either as Andrew Tate is celebrated by young Muslims for turning to their religion. You can’t just admit that Islam has this reputation for a reason? I’m not even saying all of the faith is bad, I’m just saying that some reform needs to be made in the areas that are most extreme
I answered this in a previous thread when you pointed this out. In the West lots of anti-Islam folks like yourself like to claim that Islam is inherently misogynist so naturally uneducated Westerners like Andrew Tate and Sneako think that if they convert to Islam they're going to have four wives in burqas. Not saying there isn't a problem with women's issues in Muslim countries but people like Tate are not a problem of the Muslim world, these are people who grew up entirely in and are products of the West. Hence the fact that he got famous being an online pimp out of Romania.

The inconvenient fact for people like you is that many converts to Islam in the West are women. Low estimates have it just under half with higher estimates as high as 4/5 converts depending on the country and time period being looked at. I guess all those women are misogynists or masochists or something.

Back