Elections 2016 Presidential Election General Discussion v6

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Libertarian, and I'm voting for Trump, as terrible as he is. He's liar, juvenile, unstable, and in almost every way unsuitable. Basically, he sucks. But, he's not a politician.

Let's look at the alternative...

Hillary was fired from Watergate for unethical conduct as a starting attorney, and it was downhill for her from there. Throughout her entire career she's been a criminal. I'm not going to spend the enormous amount of time it would take to list the many, many, many instances of her criminal behavior, but suffice it to say, she's as close to pure evil as I've ever seen.

So, if one option is bad and the alternative is pure evil, I guess I have to go with bad. I'm not happy about it, but there it is. In a two party system, voting third party is a waste. It's the equivalent of not voting.

BTW, Johnson is an embarrassment to the Libertarian party. Even if I liked him, I couldn't throw away my vote that way.

I'm in the same vote. I would most closely identify as a libertarian. Trump is not libertarian but Hillary directly opposed more of my beliefs and values than trump does, along with having a terrible character

i can never vote for a globalist criminal

They both suck but I am absolutely hoping Clinton wins.

I can't even make it to the part of the terrible possibilities that come with a Trump presidency. Just the notion that we could elect a know-nothing idiot like him seriously bothers me. The cult of Trump is strange to me. I get that people hate Clinton, but this hero worship of Trump is getting terrifying. The idea of an "ultimate outsider" is interesting, but Trump is not that. He's a famous wealthy guy whose interests are in himself. If we held him to the standards of ANY other candidates in recent history he would have been "disqualified" 100X over by now. Obama, Romney, McCain, Kerry, Bush etc... would be done forever as politicians if they would have said 10% this guy says. But nope, with Trump it's just "Donald being Donald" so he gets a pass. If he wins it's almost certain he gets impeached. Hopefully the HRC campaign is saving something big.

Bernie is not on the ticket. Otherwise, kudos for helping to quantify how conservative this board (and the whole sport) really is.

During the Primaries, I was attacked constantly over my avatar. I don't think a lot of trump voters are necessarily conservative as much as they don't want Hillary in the White House after more of her dirty laundry is exposed

donald-trump-trademarked-a-ronald-reagan-slogan-and-would-like-to-stop-other-republicans-from-using-it.jpg

When exactly was it "GREAT" 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's..?

Bernie and Giant Meteor are the only reasonable choices.

Anyone who's pro any of the others can rot in a sack.

if hillary hadnt rigged the dnc against sanders he may very well have won. that should be a good enough reason to vote against her.

Oh, and the next time the Republicans want to send a monkey to the dais it will be Michelle Obama winning.

Trump is 1000 times the liar Chillary is, and 1000 the crook. Dude is a straight sack of shit.

They both suck but I am absolutely hoping Clinton wins.

I can't even make it to the part of the terrible possibilities that come with a Trump presidency. Just the notion that we could elect a know-nothing idiot like him seriously bothers me. The cult of Trump is strange to me. I get that people hate Clinton, but this hero worship of Trump is getting terrifying. The idea of an "ultimate outsider" is interesting, but Trump is not that. He's a famous wealthy guy whose interests are in himself. If we held him to the standards of ANY other candidates in recent history he would have been "disqualified" 100X over by now. Obama, Romney, McCain, Kerry, Bush etc... would be done forever as politicians if they would have said 10% this guy says. But nope, with Trump it's just "Donald being Donald" so he gets a pass.

Only a wealthy guy can run as an outsider. He literally had to fund his own campaign until the RNC was forced to when he won the primaries. He's an outsider because the people who currently hold influential power (party leaders and the mainstream media (aka the propaganda machine) has done everything possible to destroy him. That's as close to "anti-establishment" as you're going to get.

During the Primaries, I was attacked constantly over my avatar. I don't think a lot of trump voters are necessarily conservative as much as they don't want Hillary in the White House after more of her dirty laundry is exposed
Trump is certainly divisive, especially among conservatives. That being said, I'll stand firmly by my characterization of Sherdog as being populated by people that tend towards conservatism.

Only a wealthy guy can run as an outsider. He literally had to fund his own campaign until the RNC was forced to when he won the primaries. He's an outsider because the people who currently hold influential power (party leaders and the mainstream media (aka the propaganda machine) has done everything possible to destroy him. That's as close to "anti-establishment" as you're going to get.
I guess you missed the Sanders candidacy, lol. Are you aware that Trump got non-stop coverage in the media that no other candidate got? The mainstream media loved his candidacy! Ratings bonanza. Other candidates would actually be doing things but the CNN cameras would be on an empty stage, waiting for Trump to come out and speak at his leisure.

edison didnt bring electricity to public knowledge, that was benjamin franklin, the first American. ya goof
as the other poster was talking about electricity required to power our computers.... I dont think that is accurate. Anyway.... doesnt Ben Franklin being the first American just mean he was British? So Britain deserves the credit.... you're welcome

either way, Tesla>>>> Franklin or Edison

Alex Jones going hard on the voter fraud videos recently. Probability he says election was rigged if Trump doesn't win? I'd say 100% lol

No, he'd say that Trump managed to win despite the rigging. That guy would never admit he was wrong.

Lol at propaganda machine. He hasn't been destroyed because he's a so-called outsider. We give him a pass on everything. Romney's or Obama's worst thing wouldn't make his top 100 list. "47%" is just another Trump stump speech.

"Sexual assault is my hobby"

Oh well

E-mails that may not involve Clinton at all

ZOMG!

Imagine if a presidential candidate was going to court soon for CHILD RAPE. Even if it is bullshit, they'd never have a chance. With Trump it's not even an issue.

Lol at propaganda machine. He hasn't been destroyed because he's a so-called outsider. We give him a pass on everything. Romney's or Obama's worst thing wouldn't make his top 100 list. "47%" is just another Trump stump speech.

Oh well

ZOMG!

Imagine if a presidential candidate was going to court soon for CHILD RAPE. Even if it is bullshit, they'd never have a chance. With Trump it's not even an issue.
honestly I think the Trump University thing is more damning, because it is obvious that it definitely happened and definitely was fraud, in so many ways.

Oh, and the next time the Republicans want to send a monkey to the dais it will be Michelle Obama winning.

Trump is 1000 times the liar Chillary is, and 1000 the crook. Dude is a straight sack of shit.

Last I checked, the last time Hillary was drawing a paycheck from the American taxpayers she proved she can't be trusted with classified information and, in addition, got some people killed. Since she has proven she can't handle responsibility, why would you want to give her more? I'll take a chance on someone who hasn't already proven themselves incompetent in public service.

Scratch the 1 in 29 election bit. It's 1 in 27 years, so 1 in just under 7 elections. Yes, to the racial demographics. Immigrants from developing nations vastly vote democrat. The Republican party is dying.
Its strange because you would expect some number of immigrants to be socially conservative and thus have some affinity with the GOP. Actually a lot of Muslims were Republicans before 9/11(my dad included who in fact voted for Babby Bush) but they all jumped ship to the Democrats because they perceived them as less anti-Muslim.

Oh well

ZOMG!

is Trump going to court soon for child rape? honestly?

Yes, there is a lawsuit with some horrific allegations. So outrageous that I don't even factor it into my decision. I'm not sure even a guy like Trump would do that. Who knows, though?
holy shit...... I knew the guy was a cunt, but thats fucked up. How has that not been mentioned(or if it has, how have I missed it?)

how can anyone support him? I seriously have no idea

holy shit...... I knew the guy was a cunt, but thats fucked up

how can anyone support him? I seriously have no idea
People think he's strong and will accordingly make America like it was decades ago, when there was a solid white majority, the middle class was strong, and white men still had the privilege to say terribly bigoted and offensive things without being challenged on it. That's the best I can do for one sentence. Obviously, there's a lot more to it than just that, but I think that's a solid summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back