**2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v9: Raptors - Contenders or Pretenders?

How far do the craps go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers simply destroying the Cavs. Can't count Lebron out after what he did to the Wizards but this young team is firing on all cylinders.

Oh yeah - and Fultz may still turn out to be the best player from the 2017 draft. The kid is a pure athlete.

Ho hum... Another Simmons triple double

Canaliers trying to duck a 1st round matchup vs 6th seed cHeat

Greg with the triple-double. 19-11-10 on 8/10 shooting.

Interesting contrast of reactions from the Philly and Lakers crowd when LeBron was in the arena.

Lakers: “Please come here, we need you”

Philly: “You’re not wanted or needed”

tl;dr
New stars
West drama
Leonard?

How can you count LeBron out? Dude is undeniable the best player of the last years, it's just that now they are coming faster and stronger. Sixers and Bucks have the edge on them in athletism. They are the new era.
If both of those teams stay consistent within Embiid/Simmons and Giannis/Bledsoe, they could be dangerous to anybody in the Least.
Boston is a question, Cavs are old and Toronto is just... Toronto.

The other side is the Wild Wild West were everyone is within a game. A game that decides nothing. The finals are already settle, save for any tragic injouries, for Golden State and Houstcan.
They are just fighting for the scraps.

The Spurs need to go into a deeper, kamikaze, destiny-to-fail run to convince Leonard that he will always have the better chance to win in an organization like San Antonio. And that if he stays outside too long or playing for money, he won't ever catch up to these new era of players.
If he is cleared to play, he has to play to compete. To be measure with this others teams, players, organizations.
I'm a soccer fan, as I'm born in Argentina, but started to watching NBA games from the Jordan era, when they were just being aired. And kept on because of Ginobili, Scola, and others first-timers argentinians in the League.
It's a beautiful sport (@Breakitdown ) featuring the best athletes in the world, and for anyone with a desire to compete, how can you not play?
WTF is happening with Leonard?

Interesting contrast of reactions from the Philly and Lakers crowd when LeBron was in the arena.

Lakers: “Please come here, we need you”

Philly: “You’re not wanted or needed”

its almost as if one is a playoff team and one is not.

its almost as if one is a playoff team and one is not.
Sure, I thought it was slightly surprising that the 6ers were so anti-juice though. Almost like they were making a statement to management - "don't go after this guy in the summer!"

Philly looking like they gonna get the easiest road to CF.

Raps rounding back into form last couple games. D was elite last night, Ibaka went 10 years back in time to when he was 28 and dropped 25.

@iwhoopedbatman whats up with Shambles??

Well Wall is finally back, but only part time so far and they're losing whether he plays or not. They've been losing for a month and a half and the starters are exhausted having had to play 40+ quite often when Wall was out to stay competitive. My hope is that it's just normal frustration. I mean they lost to fucking Atlanta when they're playing for seeding in the 'yoffs. They're 2-8 in the last 10 (1-2 with Wall), 6-13 in the last 19.

I have no idea, but Beal, Porter and Wall are all signed to the max for a little while. They need to get their collective shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back