2017 Boxer of the Year

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Billy Joe Saunders - Went from can status to solidifying himself to real contender status by completely outclassing Willie Monroe and Davis Lemieux

2. Lomachenko - Outclassed Sosa, Marriaga, and Rigo

3. Sullivan Barrera - Win over Joe Smith, Valera, and some other guy

4. Jarrett Hurd - Win over Tony Harrison, and Austin Trout

Terrence Crawford not on your list? for me its him, outclassed a gold medalist in southpaw and became undisputed champion

1. Jeff Horn, beat all time great Manny Pacquiao in his prime and beat future hall of famer Gary Corcoran in his prime.

Srisaket, Jack (going to be forgotten unfortunately), Berchelt, Mikey, GGG or Crawford are all contenders.

I say Srisaket for sure though. He came from relative obscurity and beat the best in the world. Twice.

Last edited:
Sor Rungvisai and Lomachenko

1 Sor Rungvisai
2 Lomachenko
3 Joshua
4 Crawford
5 Ward
6 Santa Cruz
7 Linares
8 Usyk
9 Hurd
10 Jack

Crawford deserves it. Can see an argument for AJ.

Sor Rungvisai should definitely win.

Sosa and Marriaga are both decent, making Rigo quit put the cherry on top, Loma probably gonna get it. Sor Rungvisai deserves a shout for beating Chocolatito twice but he probably won't get it even tho that's the best two wins of the year.

I like Loma to get it, I have more respect for Marriaga than most, tho.

Sor Rungvisai for me. Beat a P4Per and repeated to prove it was no fluke.

Everyone else mentioned beat guys they were expected to beat.

I don't know if they're going to give it to Ward as he only fought once and retired.

Lomachenko beat Sosa, Marriaga and Rigondeaux but people will diminish the Rigo win, Marriaga is a no namer and Sosa is good but nothing more.

Crawford will probably get it for beating Felix Diaz who is a good fighter, and being the first person to unify since Tarver in 2006.

I would like to see Sor Rungvisai win it because he was the breakout star who beat and essentially dethroned the P4P no.1 and All-Time Great, Gonzalez.

I would also like to see Lomachenko get it because of the way he beat Rigondeaux. He would've beaten Rigondeaux at any weight.
Lamont Peterson beat Felix Diaz when he was undefeated and it didn't get him FOTY.

AJ beat a legend in front of 90,000 fans in a classic fight. Hard not to choose him.

Hagle's list with maybe Billy Joe Saunders thrown in there somewhere.

Who would have thought that we see GGG-Canelo finally meet up and somehow neither would be in contention for fighter of the year?

What about McGregor for landing more punches on Floyd Mayweather Jr than any fighter ever and lasting 10 rounds with the best fighter of all time in his first ever boxing match?

Back