2017: The year I've become a MMA casual

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interim belts. This guy ducking that guy. Fighters holding out for money fights. Champions being stripped of belts. Champions not being stripped of belts. MMA fighters wanting to box. Weak PPV cards. Introducing new divisions that no one cares about. Building a division with only 3 fighters. Fighters missing weight. Fighters failing drug tests. UFC not building new stars. The old breed fading away.

I reckon about this time next year I'll forget about MMA altogether.

Weak PPV cards because of too many random Fight Nights are one of the main issues imo.

MMA is dying bro.

But their business is growing.

Last edited:
I had fun watching last night. nothings changed, still fun

Interim belts. This guy ducking that guy. Fighters holding out for money fights. Champions being stripped of belts. Champions not being stripped of belts. MMA fighters wanting to box. Weak PPV cards. Introducing new divisions that no one cares about. Building a division with only 3 fighters. Fighters missing weight. Fighters failing drug tests. UFC not building new stars. The old breed fading away.

Interim belts - true, this is a nonsense. If the champion does not defend in 8 months, he should be stripped. Even for medical reasons. Number 1 contender and no 2 fight for the title.

Ducking - true, rankings should be created by criterias as: the number of fights per year, the wins, the type of wins, strikes, takedowns, TDD etc...

Money fights - you can thank Conor for that

New divisions - this is simple, don't watch them

Missing weight - this is not new

Failing drug tests - also, not new at all

New stars - in my opinion, guys like Ortega, Wonderboy, Till, Luke could be marketed better

Just watch Bellator and Rizin

I'll never stop watching MMA. Just love the sport too damn much..

If you watched the UFC through the dark ages like I did, you'd appreciate what you have now more than you do...

What a casual newb. You probably think Conor is goat just ahead of Ronda and Brock

Weak PPV cards because of too many random Fight Nights are one of the main issues imo.
truth

you can't really tell the difference between ppv, fox, fsn, or fight nights

unless MM is involved, then it will be fite pass or twitch

Not deliberately, but it has happened to me gradually over the last few years.

If you just watch the fights and ignore everything else you'd enjoy it more.

Conor has caused many longtime fans to become completely disillusioned with the sport. He's completely killed the competitive spirit of the sport with his cherry picking, ducking and dodging and bullshit antics. He's inflicted the sport with a virus that's spread to the point of other so called champions avoiding the most deserving challengers in pursuit of 'money fights.'

Big Conor fan ,by the way.

2017 - the year TS got subbed by a girl.

Do we miss these handsome bastards yet?

Lorenzo-and-Frank-Fertitta-1200x891.jpg

Back