2017: The year I've become a MMA casual

There had been some pretty good events this year but I agree it feels like a circus and not really a sport anymore.

T.s I would say just watch the big exciting events you are interested in and do better things with your time

There's the door.

134_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

please go away your thread are terrible, worse than watching a Fitch fight

I became a casual about 9 months ago.

BTW I'm not leaving......I'm going stay here and fuck with all you UFC nuthuggers. HA HA

I'll never stop watching MMA. Just love the sport too damn much..

If you watched the UFC through the dark ages like I did, you'd appreciate what you have now more than you do...

Amen to this shit.

Interim belts. This guy ducking that guy. Fighters holding out for money fights. Champions being stripped of belts. Champions not being stripped of belts. MMA fighters wanting to box. Weak PPV cards. Introducing new divisions that no one cares about. Building a division with only 3 fighters. Fighters missing weight. Fighters failing drug tests. UFC not building new stars. The old breed fading away.

I reckon about this time next year I'll forget about MMA altogether.

Good riddance pride nerd

If you are an mma casual, but you post on an mma forum, you are a loser

Rockhold, GSP & Weidman Submission victories were turning points of the year.

I feel spoiled from the days when GSP, Aldo, and Anderson Silva were dominant champs. Having a dominant champ creates a buzz because you want to see if they can do it again. Theres a lot of talent right now though and 2017 had some great memories..UFC 217 was classic. But there were some definite downsides.

#1- Jon Jones - the potential GOAT bamboozled us again after getting his belt back and beating DC. Pissed me off.
#2- Conor - One of the biggest names in the sport and 2 weight champion doesnt defend his belts.
#3- Khabib missing weight against Ferg..That one still bothers me because theyre 2 great fighters at the top of the division. I was so tired of all the Khabib hype that I was glad he was finally going to fight Ferg..then he misses weight lol

Conor has caused many longtime fans to become completely disillusioned with the sport. He's completely killed the competitive spirit of the sport with his cherry picking, ducking and dodging and bullshit antics. He's inflicted the sport with a virus that's spread to the point of other so called champions avoiding the most deserving challengers in pursuit of 'money fights.'

Big Conor fan ,by the way.
Great post. I went to UFC 9 and was renting the VHS from day one. The way Conor is treated and talked about has almost drove me away.

Interim belts. This guy ducking that guy. Fighters holding out for money fights. Champions being stripped of belts. Champions not being stripped of belts. MMA fighters wanting to box. Weak PPV cards. Introducing new divisions that no one cares about. Building a division with only 3 fighters. Fighters missing weight. Fighters failing drug tests. UFC not building new stars. The old breed fading away.

I reckon about this time next year I'll forget about MMA altogether.
You still lasted long... I went casual road few months after Lesnar became a champ... I do miss old pride days when I was waiting usually for whole card :D, freak fights or not...

Back