2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t want a repeat of the last shit show, so why is luckyshoteven an option?

This is very flawed. Are you saying that it is impossible for their to be an imbalance in ratfuckery? I don't see how anyone can believe that. And if you admit that an imbalance is possible, how would you identify if it's in existence? Seems to me that any way you would already gives you an answer.

The underlying issue is the different level of trust of neutral media. A disturbing percentage of the right in America is convinced that the MSM media is biased against them (and not just in an incidental way) and thus rejects stories of wrongdoing by their own side and primarily gets news from outright propaganda.
Of course there can be an imbalance in certain things.

The right has, or more precisely had, more dogmatic based fuckery. It's still there mind you, especially in religious corners, but it is legislated against. And that's a good thing.

The left has been traditionally more intellectually smug, yet that ground is being lost due to the fact/science denial by the far left as it's being replaced by similar memes from the right. Nevermind that bigotry and prejudice is becoming more socially acceptable on the left, a traditional trait of the right.

Now you may say "but you bald bastard those are only social examples". And I'll reply, yes, yes they are. But guess what Jack, social trends and norms alway end up dictating policy.

Other than that, most of the elite like to play Monopoly, regardless of political affiliation. Power attracts power and it has a way of consolidating, nevermind that it does corrupt. With Bernie Sanders seeming to be the outlier.

So that's why I think those who disparage the both sides argument are full of shit. Well, that and trying to distance ones side from human shortcomings seems like a childish argument. Step one? Recognize we're all fallible.

If your point is just about media representation then I may have missed the mark.

Bossman, Kamala

It didn't matter to me. I just could not stand Hogan

I had Hulk in this one all the way.

giphy.gif

Until it occurred to me who the money was paid to see. :D

Of course there can be an imbalance in certain things.

The right has, or more precisely had, more dogmatic based fuckery. It's still there mind you, especially in religious corners, but it is legislated against. And that's a good thing.

It's not primarily the Religious Right that is dogmatic. We see dogmatic rejection of reality from the right on economic policy, budgeting, climate, healthcare, and more. And absurd defenses of gov't corruption on top of all of it now.

The left has been traditionally more intellectually smug, yet that ground is being lost due to the fact/science denial by the far left as it's being replaced by similar memes from the right. Nevermind that bigotry and prejudice is becoming more socially acceptable on the left, a traditional trait of the right.

What fact/science denial are you referring to? And the notion that bigotry and prejudice is becoming more socially acceptable on the left is crazy, IMO. Can you elaborate?

Now you may say "but you bald bastard those are only social examples". And I'll reply, yes, yes they are. But guess what Jack, social trends and norms alway end up dictating policy.

Again, I have to ask for elaboration? Social trends dictate policy how? Do you just mean because we have a democratic system?

So that's why I think those who disparage the both sides argument are full of shit. Well, that and trying to distance ones side from human shortcomings seems like a childish argument. Step one? Recognize we're all fallible.

If your point is just about media representation then I may have missed the mark.

We're all fallible, for sure, and the majority of any kind of voter is pretty ignorant. But the punishment/reward system for politicians on the left and right is vastly different. The media point is key to understanding that. Even if, you think that the MSM leans left (IMO, that belief can't withstand scrutiny but put that aside), you have to realize that A) they do criticize left-leaning politicians and B) those politicians fear that criticism in a way that right-leaning politicians do not. Thus, for example, Republican politicians can pass debt-exploding regressive tax cuts, and trust that their base will not recognize either that the cuts are regressive (with benefits going almost exclusively to the rich) or that they are, in fact, debt-exploding. Democratic politicians simply don't have the same luxury and are thus tethered to reality.

That were conveniently all right wing posts...

Nothing to say about @Fawlty attacking Cubo's wife. Nothing to say about @Jack V Savage wishing death on Cubo.

Shut up, dork.
And those posts weren't recent, I never saw them for context. I see @Cubo de Sangre liked this though, more proof of his hypocrisy about cleaning up the forum and bringing people together.

From what I gather there's been plenty of time in-between. :cool:

American treasure.

Just when I thought my affection for you could grow no further. Is this a setup?
Nope. Just a huge fan of the evil dead films, and Bruce in general. And so is the ole lady, part of why I married her.

And those posts weren't recent, I never saw them for context.

Jack said he should kill himself over accurately calling out Jack's lies about Elizabeth Warren.

Besides, what context do you even need? Is such a comment ever warranted?

I see @Cubo de Sangre liked this though, more proof of his hypocrisy about cleaning up the forum and bringing people together.

Sure, sure...

What's going on here, is that nobody is buying the lefty bullshit, and you guys are upset at your failure to deceive the people.

Jack said he should kill himself over accurately calling out Jack's lies about Elizabeth Warren.

Besides, what context do you even need? Is such a comment ever warranted?

Those were jokes, the election is imaginary, and I'm the only guy who'll be held to any standard here.

Is normal.

This is probably the last one of the season, boys. Hope you enjoy it!
gQAQHN4.gif

It's like you don't even read what's being said, coupled with an elitist attitude. But come at me if you need to let it out.
Lefties always pick and choose little nuggets to be outraged over. They can’t be content unless they feel like they are fighting for something. They need a cause, even if one isn’t there.

Btw, @Clippy , if we were to let slip the dogs of war... think we could break 200?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back