2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I can't believe how serious this thing has become.
I, for one, much preferred the first one (when Palis was elected), which was filled with legit hillarious stuff.
This, on the other hand, is becoming cringy and almost creepy.

Damn, I can't believe how serious this thing has become. i, for one, much preferred the first one (when Palis was elected), which was filled with legit hillarious stuff.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I, for one, much preferred the first one (when Palis was elected), which was filled with legit hillarious stuff.

People become really invested in this and spend a lot of time, and teams form. It's natural in a way.

I think it's equally important everyone remembers this is a fictional election for a fictional position for a very real sticky thread on an online karate forum subforum. And we're all gonna be here in January. When this is all said and done, people need to be able to have a virtual beer and chat about the election.

It's important no one takes things here too seriously. I mean Team Palis made an account with my nickname on a zoophilia forum two years ago. Now this year @Cubo de Sangre really needs a @senri massage, things clearly have spilled over for him because his wife has become involved.

The good thing is, this year, there are two good choices. Things are gonna be fine.

There's also hilarious stuff this year, partially thanks also to @Warlord Palis. His game to break limitations and include use of outside social media (Twitter, dogfucking forums, now YouTube) is still unmatched tbh.

This is not to say that de Sangre is a terrible candidate. Personally, this GNN writer rather likes him. And this is certainly not to say he is not a viable candidate: current GNN polling places him at having 51.9% of the vote and gives him a roughly 69% chance of winning this election. Should he win, not all hope is lost. To be sure, he would be a much better President than the disaster that was 2017 President Palis. However, these questions of his temperament, his openness to ideas, and his subservience to unelected moderators is concerning.

tumblr_ph6go7Toxd1u955i8o1_1280.png

DOX NEWS BREAKING

Cubo de Sangre takes the lead, currently having 51.7% of the legal vote.

DOX News Anchor JDragon comments: "We are impressed by GNN's predictive performance."

There is no truth to this. You forget who you're talking to: I actually work for unions as an attorney. You can't just spout shit and expect for me to think "welp, he works in a union shop at Boeing, so he must know best."

Undocumented immigration wasn't a powerful political concern at all until Bush's second term around 2004-06 when figures like Tom Tancredo got on their soapboxes. By that time de-unionization by Reagan and Bush I had broken the union vote, new NLRB legislation and deals like NAFTA had weakened bargaining power, and Republicans had begun using social issues (pre-undocumented immigration) to capitalize on economic insecurity. The idea that undocumented immigration -- which has been negative since 2008 -- is now driving away the union vote is absolutely absurd.

Among Democrats, 55 percent said they thought an amnesty would be a bad idea and 36 percent thought it was a good idea. Some of the strongest opposition was found among voters in union households, a key Democratic consistency. Sixty percent of voters in union households thought it was a bad idea compared to 32 percent who thought it was a good idea. An amnesty splits the party’s liberal base right down the middle, with 46 percent of liberals thinking it was a good idea and 45 percent thinking it was a bad idea.

https://cis.org/Report/Attitudes-Toward-Amnesty

Fucking propagandist. Like I said.

Yeah, things could definitely use a bit of a lightening up lol. Got waaaaaay too rapey imo.

Actually I missed the initial exchange when it was originally posted and only caught it a couple of days later. We hung out with @HomeCheese the day it was posted, and when our friend was about to bring it up, @Cubo de Sangre changed the topic and directed the conversation away from the election. So he actually did the opposite of what @Jack V Savage is accusing him of doing. He went out of his way to keep me from seeing it. it was only when I realized I had missed some posts, that I went back and looked and then brought it up to him. That was when the fight started behind the scenes. Ask those guys when Cubo brought it up to them if you don't believe me.

Just to be clear:
1. To mimic @Gutter Chris i do what i want when i want and I read what I wand and I post when I want and nobody tells me what to do so nobody showed me anything i saw it with my very own with my very own eyes on my very own laptop after Cubo tried to keep me from seeing it so it wouldn't upset me.
2. It wasn't a joke. It was a nasty comment directed at someone the poster made clear he did not like and written to someone who is a nice guy on the forum. But hey, say I give him the benefit of the doubt and it was a (bad) yo mamma joke, once Cubo said it was offensive, at no point was an apology given. Instead @Fawlty doubled down and then @luckyshot chose to make it public by putting it in his most recent speech.
3. I only reacted after the ugliness over drugging women and not reporting it came up in the round of 4. Between that, the vile comments about my friend waiting for my husband to die so he could slide it up my ass, and the fact that the potential VP of the Sherdog left (Democrats being the party I support in real life) has the avatar that he has, I felt real concern over what appears to be a lot of misogyny from a group of people that should be held at a higher standard than what I am seeing here.
4. If I was going to get upset about one single thing and post, I would have said something about Jack repeatedly telling my husband to log off and kill himself. Your behavior is not what I expect from a person who claims to be liberal. In my world, liberals care about people.
5. Since everyone keeps harping on me being upset at being called unattractive, this is how I feel about what u boyz think of my appearance:

giphy.gif

Isn’t it true that when my husband found out your wife likes spam, he insisted on sending her a care package with spam flavoured Mac nuts and local Hawaiian honey?
Hi Tufts,

I had no intention of responding to your first post in this thread because that read as someone venting her feelings and supporting her husband-- as you certainly have the right to do. I need to respond to this last post, though, because I think it gives a fairly a one-sided characterization.

From what I understand @Cubo de Sangre and @Fawlty have been involved an ongoing "flame war" for some time. I have been told that during this period, Cubo has commented and cheered on when Fawlty was being made fun of for being divorced, for details about a doxxed picture of him, and-- most recently-- when he was legitimately upset about his dog's death. Unfortunately, these negative feelings spilled over in the PotWR campaign. All through the early round, Cubo and Fawlty were sniping at each other, and this sniping continued in the backstage Presidential candidates' PM.

In this context, I don't think anyone gets to fly too far off the handle about a single comment that they find rude/ offensive, whatever-- especially if it is a fictional comment about someone's appearance.

What I chose to bring up in my speech this round was not the comment, but Cubo's reaction to it-- which was spending most of the last two rounds slamming me for not throwing Fawlty off my ticket. That's the over-reaction I am referring to.

This is my perspective on the whole affair. I don't personally get involved in flame wars because I think they are stupid.

Happy Holidays,
luckyshot

P.S. This is all I'm going to say on this; I agree with the posters commenting that this thread has gotten too serious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back