2018 State of the Union pbp thread

lmfao

Pretty sure this about sums the thread up.

This about sums it up

104651118-GettyImages-830617844.720x405.jpg

Without the misguided catchphrase, really, is all I'm asking. I'm not really being critical of the substance with that complaint, just the speech writing. I think I've been pretty clear about that if you look back over the last few posts.
I'm no speech expert...just an ordinary schmoe and there are a lot of ordinary schmoe that got his message loud and clear...you should work for CNN...

I'm no speech expert...just an ordinary schmoe and there are a lot of ordinary schmoe that got his message loud and clear...you should work for CNN...

What message? The message his speechwriters wrote for him that he read? You realize that a guy like Obama would read his speechwriters speech and then essentially totally rewrite it. Do you think Trump did that?

Trump is a charlatan and you guys aren't smart enough to realize it due to your tribalism

As far as Obama and the economy goes. The dude took office during one of the biggest crashes in history. The stock market value was literally cut in half and yes it did recover under him. BUT... the stock market ALWAYS recovers. Every single crash. And yes recovery under him was the slowest it's ever been. The market came back in spite of Obama not because of him.

What's happening under Trump is much different. Whether you agree with it or not everything he does is focused on growing the economy. His tax cut is going to set this economy on fire even further. It will now make sense for alot of companies to build products here. ..To build their headquarters here. ..etc. and now that businesses can write off expenditures completely in the same year it's going to be a buying frenzy which will fuel growth across all industries.

Bottom line you can't compare Trump and Obama on the economy it's night and day.

As far as Obama and the economy goes. The dude took office during one of the biggest crashes in history. The stock market value was literally cut in half and yes it did recover under him. BUT... the stock market ALWAYS recovers. Every single crash. And yes recovery under him was the slowest it's ever been. The market came back in spite of Obama not because of him.

What's happening under Trump is much different. Whether you agree with it or not everything he does is focused on growing the economy. His tax cut is going to set this economy on fire even further. It will now make sense for alot of companies to build products here. ..To build their headquarters here. ..etc. and now that businesses can write off expenditures completely in the same year it's going to be a buying frenzy which will fuel growth across all industries.

Bottom line you can't compare Trump and Obama on the economy it's night and day.

Dude the economy has been growing at the same rate for the past 10 years.

Let's be honest here, you and all the other shmoes are getting a variety of messages from his statement, and that capacity for projection by the base is probably the strongest defense of "Americans are dreamers too" that you can make. Still, poorly written for the reasons laid out previously.

Good morning Sherdog.

Does anyone have cliff notes of what happened?

Back