Elections 2022 Mid-term Elections PBP

Select your 2022 midterm predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The excuses are hilarious and I already hear people doubling down on election fraud and blaming mail in ballots. How about offering up better candidates. Dr. Oz? Hershel Walker? Republicans have long said it’s the dems that are obsessed with celebrities but the Republicans are the ones who keep trying to put them in office

The NV loss is another Trump problem. If Walker loses, Trump essentially can say he helped JD Vance get Ohio and I’d argue most of that primary field would’ve gotten it. And Trump called Vance a suck up at his rally so he wasn’t exactly doing a great job with endorsing in the general. MAGA republicans should see this and move on. Move away from CTs and bring back even the most simple principles like we shouldn’t lie about whether an election was won or lost. That could be a start. There’s been so much doubling down but I think this might be the beginning of the end with it. That or they could just underperform consistently if they want to. 2024 should be a good year for the GOP but they can fuck it up if they let Trump continue to run things.

It can't be overstated. A skyrocketing cost of living and the highest inflation rate in 40 years alone should've been more than enough to bring on a landslide of historic proportions. Instead, it was the strongest hold and best midterm party performance for a sitting President since John Fucking Kennedy, lol.

The outlook on the GOP's future is extraordinarily grim and made worse by the fact that it does not have a chance in two years if DeSantis isn't allowed to run in a fair one free of Trump sabotage. America on the whole is increasingly rejecting right-wing nationalist politics, that is quite clearly the majority stance. It does not want it.
All they had to do was run a few candidates that didn’t sound like lunatics.

All they had to do was run a few candidates that didn’t sound like lunatics.

Or ones who could argue they are qualified to be in the senate. You either got unqualified (Oz, Walker) or the election denial stuff (Masters, Laxalt, etc). There were options in the primary to run but Trump made it about comforting him about losing in 2020 and it led to another cycle of loss. No one likes a sore loser, especially one at this magnitude.

Or ones who could argue they are qualified to be in the senate. You either got unqualified (Oz, Walker) or the election denial stuff (Masters, Laxalt, etc). There were options in the primary to run but Trump made it about comforting him about losing in 2020 and it led to another cycle of loss. No one likes a sore loser, especially one at this magnitude.
Yeah, I mean, the implication here is that a decent conservative candidate can’t survive the primaries because Trump has created an army of emotional clone voters. The GOP screwed themselves royally by failing to take an hardline stance rejecting the nonsense after Jan 6th. Not that it’s so easy to do, I realize, but they have a few election denier, err, deniers, and anti-Trump types who took nothing but shit from their own party for it.

Yeah, I mean, the implication here is that a decent conservative candidate can’t survive the primaries because Trump has created an army of emotional clone voters. The GOP screwed themselves royally by failing to take an hardline stance rejecting the nonsense after Jan 6th. Not that it’s so easy to do, I realize, but they have a few election denier, err, deniers, and anti-Trump types who took nothing but shit from their own party for it.

Another thing that isn’t being seen here is look at what it caused with incumbents. The non-MAGA portion of the senate is just voluntarily dropping out Toomey (PA) and Portman (OH) just decided to not run again. Sasse (NE) is heading out. Murkowski looks like she will be staying if I’m guessing the RCV results right but she went through a bunch of conflict from the GOP to get it. If the MAGA group can’t win elections and the nonMAGA group is just bailing entirely, how bad of a situation is that?

Might be a different thread but I also think there could be a narrative here the Senate is in a type of upheaval with who is coming through. I’m not too concerned yet but so many attempts to recruit other politicians for the senate results in a decline because of how it works operationally. Maybe this means the presidency is due to shift to a governor soon as it hasn’t had one of those since before 2009

The Republicans will be able to obstruct by a cunt hair, but obstruct they would be able to. Biden won't be able to pass any legislation or spending bills of any policy agenda consequence without control of both chambers. He will still be able to fill vacancies and appoint judges at all levels of the federal judiciary (including SCOTUS should spots open via croak) and the Republicans can do absolutely nothing to stop it.

It's actually pretty damning that the GOP couldn't win the Senate. They are statewide offices decided by popular vote so there's no way to gerrymander them ala House of Representatives districts. However, as you're likely already aware every state in the union gets equal representation with exactly two Senators regardless of population size. So deep red states such as Wyoming (581k), North Dakota (770k) and South Dakota (896k) are on completely equal Senate footing with blue states like California (39.6 million), New York (19.2 million) and Pennsylvania (12.8 million).

<{Heymansnicker}>
I think another thing that’s worth mentioning…the republicans more then likely will have an about face with obstruction now (if there smart at,least). If they want any chance to win anything else coming up they know they need to start focusing on middle ground politics and capturing the independent votes. I honestly don’t think the obstruct at any means will be the plan going forward.

if ron runs and wins the primary has potential to hurt the dems because theres no way theyre gonna get that 81 million turnout just to vote for their candidate if they arent running against trump, a guy they genuinely hate. a guy like ron desantis isnt going to be as inspiring to get them to turn out and vote, because desantis didnt spend the better part of a decade trying to piss them off as much as possible and make them genuinely hate him enough to want to come out in force just to vote against him

but on the other side of the spectrum, if trump loses in the primary, you wont get as much of a turnout from the republicans either. the maga guys only care about donald trump and all things trump. if they dont see his name on the ballot, they aint even gonna care much for voting. especially when they believe that the elections are rigged and their vote is just gonna be stolen away from them and wont matter anyways.

its going to be really interesting to see how this plays out in the longrun. the way i look at it though, donald trump running in 2024 only stands to hurt the republicans. theres no way theyre gonna get that turnout from the democrats if he doesnt run, and i dont expect the republicans to get the same kind of numbers either.

if theres one thing i'm rather certain of, its that he'll be going out kicking and screaming one way or another and blowing his fraud whistle all over the place. it might be best if he just hangs them up and focuses on campaigning for other candidates. or maybe if he just hangs them up and stays at home, if his endorsement for the candidates in the midterms are anything to go by.

Dude, you should be out in the streets celebrating! The big-government, communists won the election and stopped the conservatives dead in their tracks. The America you, Bernie Sanders, AOC, and millions of Redditors always envisioned is finally coming to pass.

I think another thing that’s worth mentioning…the republicans more then likely will have an about face with obstruction now (if there smart at,least). If they want any chance to win anything else coming up they know they need to start focusing on middle ground politics and capturing the independent votes. I honestly don’t think the obstruct at any means will be the plan going forward.
They just need to face reality. The left won and America is officially going down the toilet. Maybe, just maybe, they can negotiate a few small things in their favor if the Dems are feeling extra friendly. But the country has spoken and they want an AOC-inspired American government. That’s just the reality whether they’re willing to accept it or not.

It can't be overstated. A skyrocketing cost of living and the highest inflation rate in 40 years alone should've been more than enough to bring on a landslide of historic proportions. Instead, it was the strongest hold and best midterm party performance for a sitting President since John Fucking Kennedy, lol.

The outlook on the GOP's future is extraordinarily grim and made worse by the fact that it does not have a chance in two years if DeSantis isn't allowed to run in a fair one free of Trump sabotage. America on the whole is increasingly rejecting right-wing nationalist politics, that is quite clearly the majority stance. It does not want it.
As if what the majority "wants" has ever really mattered.

There wasn’t a crazy amount of obstruction the past two years though. A few bipartisan bills got through and the ones that didn’t were crafted with the intention of getting 50 dem votes rather than the GOP involved. I don’t necessarily think it’s true to think the next two years they will continue that at this point. You could argue most of what needed to be passed, has already in terms of spending. There’s a retirement bill and EVA reform bill that will have bipartisan support but did so before the election results this week. Maybe the gay marriage vote will make some senators think about it post election but unsure. Ultimately though, a lot of these guys in the senate consider running and usually become more combative on legislation of the ruling party when positioning themselves for 2024 (a contrast). So I think it’s reversed. The GOP already worked with Dems previously and that will slow down the closer 2024 gets.

There wasn’t a crazy amount of obstruction the past two years though. A few bipartisan bills got through and the ones that didn’t were crafted with the intention of getting 50 dem votes rather than the GOP involved. I don’t necessarily think it’s true to think the next two years they will continue that at this point. You could argue most of what needed to be passed, has already in terms of spending. There’s a retirement bill and EVA reform bill that will have bipartisan support but did so before the election results this week. Maybe the gay marriage vote will make some senators think about it post election but unsure. Ultimately though, a lot of these guys in the senate consider running and usually become more combative on legislation of the ruling party when positioning themselves for 2024 (a contrast). So I think it’s reversed. The GOP already worked with Dems previously and that will slow down the closer 2024 gets.
I agree , my opinion was based more on a obama era gop. This last two years have been pretty balanced. I would actually argue the gop will be even more inclined to work across the aisles this next two years now that young voters are in play…i could see gop establishment split from freedom caucus candidates to middle ground politics in regards to national level policies.

I agree , my opinion was based more on a obama era gop. This last two years have been pretty balanced. I would actually argue the gop will be even more inclined to work across the aisles this next two years now that young voters are in play…i could see gop establishment split from freedom caucus candidates to middle ground politics in regards to national level policies.
Eh, if the republicans do indeed win the house nothing is getting done the next two years. Biden will get judges through since they kept the senate but that's about it. The only thing more surprising than this election cycle would be a GOP led house allowing anything through that would help making Biden's administration look good going into 2024.

Did all this election stuff make everyone forget about Trump being a Russian spy and going to jail?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Back