2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

Recruiting has always been a huge part of coaching, now it’s just more competitive. Maybe Sacans old ass doesn’t want to deal with it, which I understand. But the playing field now is more even with things being more complicated.

Also lmao thrillho sucks so bad he retired Sacan.
He’s 72 and it’s become a lot more than just dropping rings on the table. The man does more in a day than most people do in a week at their job.

It’s just surprising with the amount of talent coming in. Sayin is suppose to be the real deal and from I’ve seen he looks the part. He should be in the heisman talk every year he plays.

I think it’s Lane Kiffin, but who the hell knows? If Deon came the internet would break.

You think Saban played a role in the coaching search or did he just say “it’s been great,” and moonwalked out the door?

You think Saban played a role in the coaching search or did he just say “it’s been great,” and moonwalked out the door?
That’s why I think it’s Lane. This had to be decided months ago or atleast a plan in place if it was this year or the next.

Top tier programs are going to have to hire GMs to deal with the NIL and transfer portal.

Coaches want to coach and not be in money portion of what CFB is becoming.
I’ve lost interest in the last few years. We used to watch a player develop over their years at our schools, but now it’s a revolving door. I guess I’m just getting old. This new era isn’t for me. If I wanted to watch professional athletics, I’d watch the NFL. I enjoyed the bagman era much better.

That’s why I think it’s Lane. This had to be decided months ago or atleast a plan in place if it was this year or the next.
And Lane has been very calculated on how he comments of Bama and Saban over the last couple of years.

First off Cap, sorry you lost your coach. I’m not a fan, but dude is the GOAT, and that has to be recognized. If you stayed 4 years at Bama during his stay, you won a natty.

I think it’s Lane Kiffin, but who the hell knows? If Deon came the internet would break.
If Deion had a dominating winning season in year one, it wouldn’t have been out of the realm.

I really think Saban doesn’t want to deal with these new age NIL athletes. Unrestricted free agency with no salary cap has kids asking for kingdoms without ever taking a snap. And the NCAA is powerless to stop it.

FCS, D2, and D3 might become the new recruiting battlegrounds while FBS plays NFL jr. with portal wars. Better for a kid to go start his resume at a lower level if he’s not a high 4 or 5 star outta school.

I’ve lost interest in the last few years. We used to watch a player develop over their years at our schools, but now it’s a revolving door. I guess I’m just getting old. This new era isn’t for me. If I wanted to watch professional athletics, I’d watch the NFL. I enjoyed the bagman era much better.
So did I

200w.gif

Back