2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

First off Cap, sorry you lost your coach. I’m not a fan, but dude is the GOAT, and that has to be recognized. If you stayed 4 years at Bama during his stay, you won a natty.

If Deion had a dominating winning season in year one, it wouldn’t have been out of the realm.

I really think Saban doesn’t want to deal with these new age NIL athletes. Unrestricted free agency with no salary cap has kids asking for kingdoms without ever taking a snap. And the NCAA is powerless to stop it.

FCS, D2, and D3 might become the new recruiting battlegrounds while FBS plays NFL jr. with portal wars. Better for a kid to go start his resume at a lower level if he’s not a high 4 or 5 star outta school.
Agreed

200w.gif
Yep, lol

Apparently Bama is going to try and poach Washington’s coach. After the ass whopping he got by the big 10 GOAT he may want to jump ship to an easier conference like the SEC.
Pete Carroll... he's made for the NIL and store bought championships

Really hope that isn’t true. As much as I despise Alabama football I don’t wish any ill will toward the man. I had also heard that it was family related.
It makes sense. I’m sure he wants to spend the time she has left to be with her.

Really hope that isn’t true. As much as I despise Alabama football I don’t wish any ill will toward the man. I had also heard that it was family related.
It makes sense. I’m sure he wants to spend the time she has left with no distractions.

It makes sense. I’m sure he wants to spend the time she has left with no distractions.

It does make sense. Otherwise he didn’t show any signs of slowing. The only other thing I could think of is the portal and NIL started wearing on old school guys like him. Its gotta be a pain in the ass for a college coach. You think you’ve got a solid squad then you look at a few of them the wrong way and they all transfer out.

It does make sense. Otherwise he didn’t show any signs of slowing. The only other thing I could think of is the portal and NIL started wearing on old school guys like him. Its gotta be a pain in the ass for a college coach. You think you’ve got a solid squad then you look at a few of them the wrong way and they all transfer out.

The timing was perfect. This was the last season of the 4 team playoff era he dominated. With 12 teams Alabama will struggle stockpiling talent on the bench no matter how deep the Alabama collective reaches into their pockets.

In the 4 team era the few usual suspects had more leverage over top players and could keep them on the bench because future playing time there was worth more than present playing time elsewhere. Now thats done.

Also for all those bitching this isn't college anymore all other college students have always been able to transfer if they felt their university wasn't right for them .

Back