5 Mic Albums Only

BlackStar I would cosign. Lyrically The Chronic does not deserve 5 mic IMO.

Never heard Paul's Boutique. But again, Beastie Boys were never known for their lyricism.

Of the albums in OP I would have to pick Illmatic. Though I feel that list is on some bullshit. A Lil' Kim album got 5 mics?

The chronic was a game changer type of album though. Incredible west coast beats that influenced countless artists to come.

And I always thought the Beastie Boys were known for their lyrics and hot beats.

Yeah Biggie Life or Death never seen like a classic to me but it was his best work and had some of the best word play ever with Hypotize

No way! Ready to Die is by far Biggies best work. Gimme the loot. Unbelievable. Juicy. Big Poppa. Etc

Jay-Z's The Blueprint is my fave out of that list.

Still think Midnight Marauders is better than A Low End Theory

Illmatic is definitely a 5 Mic album. So is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. That might be the greatest production ever on a hip hop album

I don't mind Aquemini being a 5 Mic album but I thought ATLiens was a better album

Still haven't heard Scarface The Fix album even though everybody has been raving about it for years. I have to do it this year eventually. LOL

Here a few albums that I feel should be 5 Mic albums:

Snoop Dogg- Doggystyle
Outkast- ATLiens
Dr Dre- Chronic 2001
Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP
Kendrick Lamar- good kid, M.A.A.D City
Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
Biggie Smalls- Ready to Die
2Pac- Me Against the World
Jay-Z- The Black Album
Mos Def- Black on Both Sides

I always thought Stillmatic was better than Illmatic
I know its blasphemous to say this, but I prefer It Was Written to Illmatic.

Reasonable Doubt should've definitely been on there. That and In My Lifetime Vol. 2 are like the only Jay-Z albums I've really liked.

The chronic was a game changer type of album though. Incredible west coast beats that influenced countless artists to come.

And I always thought the Beastie Boys were known for their lyrics and hot beats.
“Paul Revere” is probably the most “known” song of all time from and “everyone “ knows the words to it description

Jay-Z's The Blueprint is my fave out of that list.

Still think Midnight Marauders is better than A Low End Theory

Illmatic is definitely a 5 Mic album. So is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. That might be the greatest production ever on a hip hop album

I don't mind Aquemini being a 5 Mic album but I thought ATLiens was a better album

Still haven't heard Scarface The Fix album even though everybody has been raving about it for years. I have to do it this year eventually. LOL

Here a few albums that I feel should be 5 Mic albums:

Snoop Dogg- Doggystyle
Outkast- ATLiens
Dr Dre- Chronic 2001
Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP
Kendrick Lamar- good kid, M.A.A.D City
Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
Biggie Smalls- Ready to Die
2Pac- Me Against the World
Jay-Z- The Black Album
Mos Def- Black on Both Sides

Yeah those are all really great albums.

Enter the Wu Tang 36 Chambers
Raekwon Only Built for Cuban Linx
The Fugees The Score
Madvillainy
KRS1 Criminal Minded

These are all great albums

The Fix isnt even close to Scarface best album, one of his worst actually

Mr Scarface Is Back
The World Is Yours
The Diary
Untouchable
Made
Emeritus
Deeply Rooted

All of these are better than The Fix

What about

BlackStar
The Chronic
Paul’s Boutique

Getting a copy of Paul's Boutique was like finding the Grail back in the day. It was sold out everywhere!

I got mine!

Big Pun Capital Punishment only got 4 Mics.

Take a glance and I'm off with yours
With both hands take off my drawers and jerk me like the Source Awards
I love hip hop, I ain't even probably the best lyricist alive...
Terror Squad n____s stop sleepin'

People sleeping on Brand Nubian in here.

Anyone else really love the early to mid 2000s when it comes to hip hop.

I notice that the east coast (NYC) had a lot of this brooklyn style Latin influenced beats incorporated into the music.

I always liked Fabolous, Jelez Santana, Camron etc etc

Anyone else really love the early to mid 2000s when it comes to hip hop.

I notice that the east coast (NYC) had a lot of this brooklyn style Latin influenced beats incorporated into the music.

I always liked Fabolous, Jelez Santana, Camron etc etc

Ma$e was the Godfather of that style.

I'm a fan of every album on that list. I'd go with Outcast: Aquemini though... So many great memories bumpin' that shit!

Back