6'7 Travis Browne, 6'7 Alex Volkov and the UFC height fallacy

I thought Arlovski was on his toes in that photo or something but that is absolutely crazy.
upxps74x4xv31.jpg

He inflated his height like 4 inches.

I'm borrowing this picture, and adding it to my post, LOL

Why does this topic piss so many Sherbro’s off?

I think fighters inflating heights is kind of an interesting topic, but if you don’t think so why not just piss off instead of bitching?
because it's posted by the UFC as if it's an official stat
if it's just some random BS dreamed up, they shouldn't have it looking official

if you don't like the thread, why not just piss off instead of bitching?

images

images

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Browne is not 6'7. Volkov might be one of the only guys in the UFC who is billed his actual height (Jon Jones is another). He absolutely dwarfed Overeem today. What's funny is Overeem at one stage was billed as 6'5, when he's 6'3 at best.
1230987583.0.jpg

images

Struve is also no 7 footer. He's slouching and leaning a bit here but on a good day is probably 6'10 and a half.

8tkEIZTPgzRn2AOYZtu6Mn_jvB9gjVy0ah90gQn8qXU.jpg

This is struve with a guy who's 7'2. Clearly more than 2 inches here.

who called struve a 7 footer. ive seen him listed at 6'10

because it's posted by the UFC as if it's an official stat
if it's just some random BS dreamed up, they shouldn't have it looking official

if you don't like the thread, why not just piss off instead of bitching?

You don’t make any sense.

I do like the thread, which is why I’m posting here. Did you misread my post?

Can't believe Black Beast "beat" Volkov. I need a rematch.

My height has always served me well in any sport I played .6’3 ..... Tall or short can be advantageous..... Just gotta know how to use what you got
Exactly the reason why there is weight divisions and not height division in MMA

For those ridiculing the TS and others, it’s not so much obsessing about height, but the idea that it’s exaggerated to fool fans

they are so precise when it comes to weigh-ins, why not height too?

If the height is not accurate, what about other things? reach? age? Records?

let alone the lie about fight time weight with rehydrating.

every single time Goldie would say “everything else, is virtually identical” was just hyperbole but it shouldn’t be, in a combat sport

thats why they call it “tale of the tape” right? Supposed to add a story, some intrigue to the fight?

but what’s the point if it’s all bullshit?

exaggerating height is the realm of WWE, and many of us MMA fans wish the UFC would aim higher

The CRAZIEST thing about this all is the fuckin losers who actually take time to care about this shit lololol
Dudes deserve to get called out on frauding so the guys who achieved their height through hard work get the recognition they deserve

''Dwarfed Overeem'' Lol, they look exactly like any 6'4 guy standing in front of any 6'7 guy

The obsession Sherdoggers have with inches is hilarious.

Heightism is almost as bad as lookism, but only almost.
If people weren't obsessed with how tall people are we wouldn't have this bullshit, hilarious that this shit even matters so much to MMA fans. A sport that proved so many times that height doesn't mean jackshit in certain situations in fighting you would think people gave less of a fuck lol.
Height plays out more than looks in a fight.

Imagine if it had how handsome they were rated on the tale of the tape.

Back