Social A serious question for liberals in this forum

Totally wrong.
I was born, raised, and lived the first 25 years of my life in Arizona. I’m quite familiar with McCain. My sister volunteered for one of his Senate campaigns in the 80s. I certainly disagreed with him on plenty—hence why I didn’t vote for him, for Senator or Pres—but I respected McCain as a patriot who cared about the country. He worked across the aisle with Russ Feingold to pass major campaign finance reform, he was a staunch supporter of veterans’ rights, and wasn’t afraid to call out his own party, as he did when he voted against the Bush tax cuts on 2 occasions, and later did when he voted against Trump’s shitpile of a health care bill.
Trump got away with what he did because people are often gullible and have been drowning in nonsense conspiracy news for decades, to the point where they don’t even know what reality is anymore. He ran a con on easily manipulated people.
You're 100% right, McCain was a great and would have been a great president. I just don't believe that the news media wouldn't have had you in a frenzy against him. They would have convinced you that he was all sorts of things that he wasn't.

Pence did the swearing in of Grenel.

So? I thought it was interesting when you said that a guy who has been strongly against the right of same-sex couples to marry would officiate a wedding, but apparently that's a false rumor that has been spread. Less interesting that he would swear in a gay guy for a gov't job.

Clinton is not moral by any means someone who celebrates destroying the african nation with the best living standard in the continent over fear of a gold based currency is anything but moral.

I'm not even gonna ask...

Serious question, what are conservative values now days?

You're 100% right, McCain was a great and would have been a great president. I just don't believe that the news media wouldn't have had you in a frenzy against him. They would have convinced you that he was all sorts of things that he wasn't.
I think he would’ve been a fine president, although I imagine I’d disagree with him on many issues as well. Far from being in a frenzy, I actually respected and appreciated him shutting down the “Obama is a Muslim” bullshit that the Right was trying to peddle during that election (and continue to peddle to this day).
I can’t speak for all liberals, but it would be hard to convince me of what McCain was or wasn’t, because like I said he was my Senator from childhood into adulthood. I had a good grasp of what I liked and didn’t like about McCain.

Goddamn shame the way he was treated by Tea Partiers and Trump supporters. Trump trashed his military service and the Right went right along with it. It was the mentality of “Trump Uber Alles,” so McCain got painted as a RINO (rofl!) despite being a Republican for like 40 years.

I'm not even gonna ask...
?
Can you refute what I just said, and also do not hit me with the you nazi-retard qannon moron, just because Trump been a donkey the last 4 years doesn't mean Clinton is a good person.

Obstructionism. Last few administrations proved it. Not small government, not balancing the budget. I'm a conservative at heart so yeah I'd vote someone sane and rational and willing to work on a deal. Good luck finding that in today's Republican party LMAO

?
Can you refute what I just said, and also do not hit me with the you nazi-retard qannon moron, just because Trump been a donkey the last 4 years doesn't mean Clinton is a good person.

Yeah, Clinton's life is what shows you she's a good person. Nothing to do with Trump. But the silliness about "gold-based currency" indicates that your worldview is so far from reality that I might as well be talking to a creationist or Austrian.

I think he would’ve been a fine president, although I imagine I’d disagree with him on many issues as well. Far from being in a frenzy, I actually respected and appreciated him shutting down the “Obama is a Muslim” bullshit that the Right was trying to peddle during that election (and continue to peddle to this day).
I can’t speak for all liberals, but it would be hard to convince me of what McCain was or wasn’t, because like I said he was my Senator from childhood into adulthood. I had a good grasp of what I liked and didn’t like about McCain.

Goddamn shame the way he was treated by Tea Partiers and Trump supporters. Trump trashed his military service and the Right went right along with it. It was the mentality of “Trump Uber Alles,” so McCain got painted as a RINO (rofl!) despite being a Republican for like 40 years.
Just give it a bit of time, and the news would have you convinced that he's literally Hitler. A black man gets shot by the police, McCain doesn't jump on board with the initial media lies and, since he's reasonable, wants to "wait for the facts". RACIST! A woman would say he said something mean 5 years ago in private. SEXIST! Maybe he would propose to quarantine NYC during the pandemic. FASCIST! Of course most of the accusations would be baseless, and none of the labels would be true, but the media would have you convinced that he's just another old racist white man.

Yeah, Clinton's life is what shows you she's a good person. Nothing to do with Trump. But the silliness about "gold-based currency" indicates that your worldview is so far from reality that I might as well be talking to a creationist or Austrian.
The lyberian Dinar is based on the islamic dinar, Clintons life shows she is a good person? You are completely disconnected from the world outside of the west, what you think is the reason they came in there? Cause gaddafi is just a bad dictator and they tolerated him for years but the moment he wants to create an pan-african currency they decide its time to dethrone him? I see that you are just another american Idiot no need to continue this conversation.
You think you are smarter than everyone else which is very obvious in the passive agressive tone you write but its whatever keep believing that Hilton is a good human there is a reason most people outside of the west do not like her, and it is not cause we are trump fanboys or on the right side of the politcal spectrum.

Obstructionism. Last few administrations proved it. Not small government, not balancing the budget. I'm a conservative at heart so yeah I'd vote someone sane and rational and willing to work on a deal. Good luck finding that in today's Republican party LMAO
That’s what doesn’t make sense to me with the current Republican Party, they are not fiscally conservative anymore and they want to control your life in just as many ways as the Democratic Party does but they are morally reprehensible all while trying to shove religion down your throat that the majority of the country clearly doesn’t want

That’s what doesn’t make sense to me with the current Republican Party, they are not fiscally conservative anymore and they want to control your life in just as many ways as the Democratic Party does but they are morally reprehensible all while trying to shove religion down your throat that the majority of the country clearly doesn’t want
Yes I agree totally. When the Tea Party first arose I was very much for it. It totally made sense. America was spending too much, wasting lives in wars etc. How it all came to be as it is now I don't know.

The lyberian Dinar is based on the islamic dinar, Clintons life shows she is a good person? You are completely disconnected from the world outside of the west, what you think is the reason they came in there? Cause gaddafi is just a bad dictator and they tolerated him for years but the moment he wants to create an pan-african currency they decide its time to dethrone him?

Gaddafi was overthrown by the Libyan people. NATO intervened to prevent a massacre of civilians. They were in the midst of a civil war. You make it sound like everything was just going great and then the U.S. found out about some zany scheme to have a gold-based currency and decided to go in and mess things up.

Could you ever imagine a conservative running for president that you wouldn't absolutely despise? Not that you'd ever vote for him, but if he were polite and well-spoken, and simultaneously embodied conservative values, would it be possible that you didn't completely hate his guts?

This is a totally serious question.

Sure, Romney for example. Voted for McCain despite Palin.

Gaddafi was overthrown by the Libyan people. NATO intervened to prevent a massacre of civilians. They were in the midst of a civil war. You make it sound like everything was just going great and then the U.S. found out about some zany scheme to have a gold-based currency and decided to go in and mess things up.
Right it is very far fetched to assume the US would dethrone a dictator and destabilize a country because of economic interest nothing like that ever happened before. Not everything was going great but to act like because of the intervention the country has not been turned to a hellhole compared to Gaddafis government. Go ask someone from Lybia what they think about Clinton, not everything was good under Gaddafi and he was no saint but just like with most other interventions by the US there is always a economic interest connection. If you really believe the US intervened cause they cared about human life and not because they had a economic interest at hand I can't help you keep being usefull idiot. Go look up the living standards in Lybia before the intervention, the arab spring did not have the effect the west hoped it would quite to the contrary it worsened the situation inside the country because like always the US has a plan to dethrone a government but never has a valid plan how things are going to after. Intervention of America in most countries did not help the people at all just US economic interests.

Just give it a bit of time, and the news would have you convinced that he's literally Hitler. A black man gets shot by the police, McCain doesn't jump on board with the initial media lies and, since he's reasonable, wants to "wait for the facts". RACIST! A woman would say he said something mean 5 years ago in private. SEXIST! Maybe he would propose to quarantine NYC during the pandemic. FASCIST! Of course most of the accusations would be baseless, and none of the labels would be true, but the media would have you convinced that he's just another old racist white man.
No, you’re just projecting liberal stereotypes onto me. And some of those—like crying fascism because of a quarantine policy—is literally what your side is doing right now lol. I assume your example of “saying mean things in private” and being called a sexist is a reference to Trump essentially confessing to sexual harassment and assault? I think if anyone does that, they’re of demonstrably poor character. And “saying mean things” is essentially a code phrase that right wingers use to make minimize and make excuses for Trump’s unconstitutional and dangerous behavior.
You want to talk about the media driving ppl into a frenzy, look no further than your OAN, Gateway Pundit, FOX “News,” and the like peddling Trump’s baseless election conspiracies that drove the Right into a literal frenzy in which they mounted a violent insurrection. I don’t think you should be worrying about me being manipulated by the media, worry about your political side.

White ethno-nationalism and chauvinism, basically.

Everyone "takes advantage" of them. China, Mexico, Europe take advantage of the US internationally. The UN and WHO all exploit the US and plot and scheme to make China the lone superpower.

Domestically, everyone exploits white males. The ethnics use them for their tax money (they all "get" free healthcare and housing, you know), they get unearned spots at colleges and in the workplace. And instead of being grateful, they turn around and talk about white privilege.

Holy crap . . . I guess I should've known better than to bother attempting any sort of discussion here again.

Time to move on to another thread . . .

hi and good afternoon, spamking,

spam, i'm just shooting the breeze with Jack V Savage and speaking kind of blithely. its not like i'm meeting the parents of my girlfriend for the first time and just loosely shooting off my mouth; i was generalizing, my friend.

obviously there are christian folk of good faith who are well versed on the events of the day, are objective, and adhere to the word of God as best they can.

then there is another, rather different portion of the Christian electorate who flocked to Donald Trump;

A new Pew Research Center survey finds that 27% of U.S. adults believe Trump’s election reflects God’s will in the sense that the 2016 outcome must be part of God’s overall plan
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ewer-say-god-picks-winners-based-on-policies/

i think these adults, who must number in the tens of millions, probably aren't that well informed. i also believe that they don't really believe in the faith they profess to follow (they just pick the parts they like best).

hope you're having a wonderful Sunday, spamking!

- IGIT

I
As far as panels containing undecided voters and their intelligence level, I would chalk that up to ignorance. I find they tend to be average joe’s with no dog in the fight.

Err, good afternoon!

that's what i meant, my friend. their stupidity is a willful condition - they are simply incurious about politics and policy, so yes, of course they're "confused and conflicted" as to whom to vote for.

they aren't undecided because they've looked deeply into the issues and are torn despite weighing the candidates carefully over the course of the election cycle...

...they are undecided because they don't really care about the topic at hand, lol. they are "undecided" the same way you and i are undecided about we feel about Circadian rhythm biology.

i don't know why CNN has these dumb panels.

Marge (earnest looking. wears glasses and down vest, which gives her a patina of working class gumption) : "I'm Marge, I'm from East Lansing...I don't have anything against minorities - my brother is gay, but I really do worry about the borders. I'm still undecided, but i do like that Donald Trump says he's for America."

host : "We just heard from Marge, who still looks like she's undecided as the debate winds down, back to you, Anderson!"

where do they find these people and why are they on television?

- IGIT

Back