Media A Viking Invasion is coming to the welterweight division. Marty's days are numbered

For what it's worth, I'd bet Chimaev is the only 170lb that can take Usman down. Guy is huge and just dominated a middleweight

Yes that's true but the guy I replied seemed to have troubles with the concept of nationality, Chimaev is technically swedish, on paper. Although I understand your paper nationality doesnt mean you should deny your previous culture, of course not. I will always be french, no matter where I live in the world ; )

Right. You retain the culture you grew up in and usually moving some other place when you are grown up is too late to adopt the new culture really.
However many children of immigrants are under the illusion that they belong to their parents' culture but your true culture is the one corresponding to the country you grew up in, which had specific expressions, references, TV shows, sports etc.

He seems to speak Swedish--at least thats what I thought when I heard him doing the interview and someone from the background kept interrupting him when questions about Instagram fighters were asked, I assumed it was Madadi piping in.

He's Chechen so one of the big questions will be if he can even enter the USA. Looking at his record, he seems to have fought in Sweden, all over the Middle-East and even India, but no USA fights yet. Let's hope we don't have another Taisumov situation.

He seems to speak Swedish--at least thats what I thought when I heard him doing the interview and someone from the background kept interrupting him when questions about Instagram fighters were asked, I assumed it was Madadi piping in.

Yep, he does. He's English is really poor but I could actually tell a slight Swedish accent in his English. Kid must speak a lot of Swedish. Good for him!

Yep, he does. He's English is really poor but I could actually tell a slight Swedish accent in his English. Kid must speak a lot of Swedish. Good for him!
It's cool to see him try and speak English without translators; seems like a refreshing personality, always smiling.

His English is actually pretty decent, almost as good as a swede's. I think he's stayed in Sweden for a long time, because even his Russian has a hint of a Sweden accent rather than a full blown chechen accent

His English is actually pretty decent, almost as good as a swede's. I think he's stayed in Sweden for a long time, because even his Russian has a hint of a Sweden accent rather than a full blown chechen accent

Yea I agree, I went over the top with "really poor", he seems to understand everything and be able to answer that's a lot better than really poor.
I also like that I shit on his English and used incorrect grammar in the same sentence.

In the end of the day it doesn't matter what nationality he is or what his ethnicity is. What matter is that he has come to smash and that is what I like to watch.

The Swedish-Chechen Union, an unstoppable force!
alexander-gustafsson-shooting-guns-in-chechnya-700.jpg

He's Chechen so one of the big questions will be if he can even enter the USA. Looking at his record, he seems to have fought in Sweden, all over the Middle-East and even India, but no USA fights yet. Let's hope we don't have another Taisumov situation.
Big questions? I think out of, I don't know how many there are ethnic Chechen mma fighters in this world, let's say 200, Taisumov is the only one having problems with American visa, while actually getting it the first time he applied (he fought for M-1 in US). Even Tukhugov with criminal record and time served in jail/prison doesn't have visa problems.
For example, I think there was multiple Brazilian UFC fighters with issues with American visa, few British UFC fighters with the same problem, few Dagestani UFC fighters with the same problem few ethnic Russians from different promotions. I mean, it's not a big question and it doesn't look like you should worry about Chechen with Swedish citizenship receiving American visa.

To all racists and Islamophobes denying The Pride of Sweden, Khamzat Chimaev, his rightful Swedish nationality, I offer you this screenshot:

Khamzat-UFC-Debut.jpg

Svensk Makt !
Actually, screenshot is not a proof. I think on such pictures with Aleksandra Albu UFC was showing her with Russian flag and then there was a story that she is not a Russian citizen, Russian government denied her visa/permit or what is that thing called and asked her to leave Russian territory.

Back