News According to Dana, we won't get a new main event for UFC 300: "We've gone through a lot of s***"

So, if he's saying they just have a co-main and another fight to announce, then that means one of the previously announced fight is the main? There's really nothing currently on the card that's main event worthy. Hopefully, that was a mistake, and he meant "main".

Who can it possibly be? This is the problem with hyping it up so much.

They announced Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia like it was nothing and it has stole the weekend spotlight heading into the superbowl.

I really think the Apex events have put a hault on the ability to make stars.
The UFC is cheap. Why y'all keep making excuses for these billionaires and execs?

Justin and Max isn't a terrible main event, or a terrible card overall. It's also kind of the UFC's fault for putting high hopes on every UFC 100, 200, 300 400, etc. event. It's really just a number isn't it? Not to mention 299 looks tastttty.

I hadn't looked at 299 yet, yes it's bizarre how stacked that card is considering it's right before 300 and they are struggling to put it together.

This event would be just fine if Dana didn't go and overpromise in the first place.

At the end of the day, 300 is an arbitrary number and maybe with the everyone's schedules it wasn't plausible to keep every 100th numbered UFC as a spectacle forever
I still want the UFC to get back to having titles to their events. For example, Islam should fight some dude named Christian.

UFC 310: Islam v Christian- Holy War!

Off topic, but Jones did say he's got an only a few more events left and wants to give those events his all. So much speculation about Jones retiring after Stipe. Glad to see he's talking about more fights.
Nah he’s retiring

I hadn't looked at 299 yet, yes it's bizarre how stacked that card is considering it's right before 300 and they are struggling to put it together.
299 is hardcore stacked, they are looking for casual stacked for 300. Trust bro there is a big difference

Back