Rumored According to Tom Aspinall, Stipe Miocic turned down interim title-fight against Pavlovich

Understandable decision?

• Total voters
I just lost all respect for Aspinall unless it comes out of Dana’s mouth that Stipe was offered, and turned down the fight. Then I’ll admit I was wrong and eat a shitburger.

Dana White on Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic: “It would be disrespect to offer Stipe an interim title”

You're not wrong.

4 minutes 15 seconds it gets addressed.

Let’s get real now. Stipe should actually retire because by the time Jones comes back it will be about 12-14 months from the surgery because he probably won’t be training again for atleast 8 months by the time he is ready and in condition to fight it’s going to be a long time.

So he’s hanging around for a fight that by the time it happens Stipe would not have fought in over 3 years.

Then there’s no guarantee Jones comes back but then again he could come back have the money fight and retire.

Stipe got koed stiff by inactivity and entitlement once again.

And this is why I f'n hate Stipe.

- Won the title on a 2 fight win streak
- Had a solid 3 fight title defense streak but almost got KO'ed by Reem
- Lost title to DC by brutal KO
- Refused to fight for an entire year despite being offered fights and only agrees to rematch DC. Meanwhile, DC defends the title while Stipe continues to sit out.
- Diva Stipe gets his way and gets a rematch and to his credit, wins
- Stipe sits out for another full year and rematches DC and wins a decision
- Stipe sits out another full year and gets brutally KO'ed by Ngannou
- Stipe sits out 2 years for another title - Jones gets injured, Stipe refuses to fight Pavlovich and will sit out another year for a title shot

giphy.gif

There's only one HW GOAT and his name is Fedor.

pVxaGSZ.gif

you know that this is for the interim belt right ?
Jones will face the interim champ and not Stipe

Nope. Stipe said he only wants to fight Jones and Jones only wants to fight Stipe. So when Jones comes back, he's going to defend his title against Stipe even though Aspinall or Pavlovich will be interim champ. Both Jones/Stipe are planning to retire after that fight and both are going to duck Tom and Sergei. It's a total shit show.

you know that this is for the interim belt right ?
Jones will face the interim champ and not Stipe
Says who? Dana already offered Jones the Pavlovich fight a number of months ago and Jones said no, he only wanted Stipe. And then Stipe refused to fight for this interim title, saying he wants to wait for Jones, and UFC said ok.

That leads to the conclusion that Jones vs Stipe is still going to happen, and it'll be next.

Pav/Asp is running parallel to them, with the interim title. The new interim champion will become the main champion once Jones/Stipe fight and both retire right afterward, without either ever fighting the Pav/Asp winner.

No way Jones fights the Pav/Asp winner before Stipe or instead of Stipe. The only way he would fight the interim champion is if he beats Stipe and then Dana convinces him to hang around for 1-2 more fights.

Dana White on Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic: “It would be disrespect to offer Stipe an interim title”

You're not wrong.

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate the shout out for that video.

I 100% KNEW I was not wrong. I guess being able to add 2 + 2 and knowing the answer is 4 has something to do with being able to see the obvious.

I hope all the lowlifes show up to eat the shitburger they deserve.

They won’t, as they are not real men.

Nope. Stipe said he only wants to fight Jones and Jones only wants to fight Stipe. So when Jones comes back, he's going to defend his title against Stipe even though Aspinall or Pavlovich will be interim champ. Both Jones/Stipe are planning to retire after that fight and both are going to duck Tom and Sergei. It's a total shit show.
got it , this is so fu...cking weird but Dana is running this biz.

Says who? Dana already offered Jones the Pavlovich fight a number of months ago and Jones said no, he only wanted Stipe. And then Stipe refused to fight for this interim title, saying he wants to wait for Jones, and UFC said ok.

That leads to the conclusion that Jones vs Stipe is still going to happen, and it'll be next.

Pav/Asp is running parallel to them, with the interim title. The new interim champion will become the main champion once Jones/Stipe fight and both retire right afterward, without either ever fighting the Pav/Asp winner.

No way Jones fights the Pav/Asp winner before Stipe or instead of Stipe. The only way he would fight the interim champion is if he beats Stipe and then Dana convinces him to hang around for 1-2 more fights.
got it but isnt it weird that they call it interim

Pavlovich and Aspinall would beat Jones and Stipe.

Both Stipe and Jones only wanted to fight one another. Jones is the title holder. He could have easily fought Pavlovich, but he didn't want to. He wanted the money and the name on his resume, just like Stipe. We knew all along those two were only going to fight one another. Jones stating it was his last fight and Stipe basically exiting retirement confirmed that.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jones and Stipe never fight again. If they do, it's only against each other.

IMG_2767.jpeg

No one on Sherdog thinks Stipe is the greatest heavyweight of all time.

And Aspinall, you coming to mix in low kicks and wrestle, but you getting ktfo.
Stipe is the greatest UFC HW, Aspinall will beat Pavlovich and he will make it look easy.

You're not wrong.

Are they intentionally trying to undersell this interim title fight or what? Like seriously wtf?

"The interim title would be disrespectful"?

Do you fuckin hear yourself Dana?

fighting jones is much more valuable than aspinall

Yesterday's news. Go watch his interview from MMA Hour instead of spamming Instagram posts.
I live in the Netherlands bro, I woke up to the news this morning as I was sleeping when this interview was taking place and that’s why I made the thread, lol

Back