International Active US Air Force member self-immolates outside Israel Embassy in Washington

The level of gaslighting is wild. It conflates support for the regime with mental stability and resistance with insanity.

Tell us how mentally sound anyone is if they've rationalized that their own suicide is the solution to other people's problems? Few remember his name; he accomplished nothing beyond destroying the lives of those who loved him.

You're posting on here because you haven't ended your life in an attempt to draw attention to a cause you strongly believe in. I hope you don't view this poor deluded individual as some Martyr that set an example you'd follow.

PM me and we can chat if you're seriously thinking of following his example. Your life has value and you can accomplish so much more by seeking help and living a productive life than by cutting it short. Sane and fairly healthy individuals realize that.

do you realize that nearly all the disciples sacrificed their lives for their beliefs? and that martyrdom has a long and revered history in Christianity? martyrdom is definitely a revered act in Christianity.
Yes. I'm very well aware of this . . . which is EXACTLY why you are completely insane for equating this act to anything the disciples did.

Nothing I posted should've caused you to even ask this question.

You can see how people would think that you’re “crazy,” and that you were simply “confused” (maybe even brainwashed), right?
I guess, but do you really see the situations as the same?

Born again believers do commit suicide. It is not an unforgivable sin the only unforgivable sin is blasphame of the Holy Spirit. Even Christians have problems. We all have problems.
How exactly does one commit suicide and then ask for forgiveness?

We all definitely have problems.

How exactly does one commit suicide and then ask for forgiveness?

We all definitely have problems.
Once you are saved you are always saved regardless of how heinous the sin you commit. Im not going to preach a sermon im just pointing it out.

Why the fuck did this dude join the US military? Seems like he had some very conflicting identities.
before reddit wiped his account, I saw what was on it. At the outset, he said early on that he did it for financial advantages and intended to quit at the 4 year mark.

He also made a post addressing people in the air force bitching about pay, saying that they shouldn't as it's service, and by its nature shouldn't be compensatory as one cannot put a monetary value on the risk one takes in joining the military. So there was a bit of idealism at first.

He also became a bit disillusioned over time, his dad was also a former military intelligence guy. He wound up posting about how he fell out with his family and pretty much everything you can think of, including his Christian faith. Whatever his faith wound up being (he talked a lot of negative shit about Jesus) his faith wasn't what it was 4 years ago, after coming up in a very Christian conservative household.

Last edited:
Once you are saved you are always saved regardless of how heinous the sin you commit. Im not going to preach a sermon im just pointing it out.
Once saved always saved implies that you're free to act and behave however you want without a fear of punishment. That you can sin as often and egregiously as you want and not be punished. Sin by definition is something that separates us from God. You can't just go around committing sin without continuing to follow God and asking forgiveness when we inevitably goof up and commit a sin and expect to invoke some "get out of hell free" card because you believe in a distorted view of once saved/always saved.

Once saved always saved implies that you're free to act and behave however you want without a fear of punishment. That you can sin as often and egregiously as you want and not be punished. Sin by definition is something that separates us from God. You can't just go around committing sin without continuing to follow God and asking forgiveness when we inevitably goof up and commit a sin and expect to invoke some "get out of hell free" card because you believe in a distorted view of once saved/always saved.
It is between that individual and God if they are saved or not. It isn’t a distorted view imo.

It is between that individual and God if they are saved or not. It isn’t a distorted view imo.
While I agree the relationship might be an individual one, there isn't a different path to salvation, or path to salvation with different "requirements" based each person. The "process" is the same.

I'm genuinely surprised at the level of controversy this act has stirred up and I have to think that most people aside from the deeply contemplative have never given more than an hours thought to martyrdom so what we are mostly experiencing here is a partisan motivated shit storm that has little to do with the subject of martyrdom and a lot more to do with political alignment.

you didn't insert the quote so I cannot verify what you are saying. it that's the case I will take note and never say that about him again.
This is the quote I was talking about. I thought I had inserted it. @SmilinDesperado has been in the Israeli conflict thread for a while now making his position known.

Yes. I'm very well aware of this . . . which is EXACTLY why you are completely insane for equating this act to anything the disciples did.

Nothing I posted should've caused you to even ask this question.
There are some really strong similarities though. While the disciples and Jesus did not commit suicide, it is very very close to suicide when you consider that each of them could have easily gotten out of dying.

Each of them went intentionally towards their death in service of a cause and each of them could have preserved their lives instead of dying for that cause.

There isn't very much difference between that and this man being the cause of his own death in service of a principal.

No greater love does a man have than this that he would lay down his life for his friends.

Last edited:
This is the quote I was talking about. I thought I had inserted it. @SmilinDesperado has been in the Israeli conflict thread for a while now making his position known.
Thank you for pointing that out. I'm grateful you did... I have been having a discussion with him and I see your point there. I've been attacked by multiple people in this thread just for having an open ended view and I just confused him with one of those posters. It was not intentional and it is an easy mistake to make when you've got four or five or six people picking at you angrily.

@SmilinDesperado

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back