AEW: Forbidden Door 2023 6/25/23

I'm so glad I didn't pay for this show last night like I was thinking about.

Not because it doesn't sound awesome, but because we had a surprise storm and I had no power all night or morning and I still have no fucking internet. I Hate everything
Dawg

It was pretty gosh darn great. The crowd, myself included, seemed pretty exhausted by the end of it. We tried making noise for the main event but it definitely wasnt as raucous as earlier, and the botch on Sting was pretty concerning.

The BCC came out about 15 feet in front of me. Takeshita gave my section the up yours as he was leaving.

Police went into the stands towards the end of the event and arrested two people. I have no idea why. It didnt seem like anything was done, and again, that was when things seemed quiet.

In order of hottest matches, Kenny/Ospreay was insanity, the 4 way was very entertaining, and the Punk/Kojima match was fun. Punk was way more hated last night than at Collision.

Any questions?

Glad you had a great time. Sometimes the crowd reactions are different in person than on TV, and wanted to hear your thoughts.

Mocking "fans" like the guys behind you is what I live for, but you can't really do that with Summer there.

Just finished Forbidden Door. Very good show! Thoroughly entertaining stuff.

MJF vs Tanahashi was better than I ever thought it would be. Lotta smoke and mirrors, but they did it!

Punk vs Kojima was fantastic. Crowd were electric!

International title match was good. A fun match.

NJPW title match was OK. Finish was mighty surprising to me. A Litasault??? OK.
BAH GAWD JACK, etc. Taz reacted perfectly. Can Jack pull it off? Remains to be seen.

10 man tag was fine. I was pleasantly surprised by of all people - Ishii. Dude can actually move when he wants to.

Women's title match was good. I would pay extra for an option to mute Saraya's audio.

Ospreay vs Omega. My word. Incredible. Stole the show and then some. The foot on the rope near fall got me. Monster pop.
I have to mention my one complaint - please for the love of god never do that Tiger Driver move ever ever ever again.

6 man was there. Stuck in the death spot. It was what it was. Forgot who won.

Main event. The fans tried it seemed to will it to all-timer status, but they hadn't recovered from the US title match. It was fine.
I don't even wanna know how much Final Countdown cost lol. Popped for it tho!
I also always read your reviews. Good formatting. You also tend to have different perspectives on matches/segments, so I like the different view points.

Glad you had a great time. Sometimes the crowd reactions are different in person than on TV, and wanted to hear your thoughts.

Mocking "fans" like the guys behind you is what I live for, but you can't really do that with Summer there.
This was Summer's first experience (which I've spent time cautioning her of) with being around wrestling fans that werent me or my brother. This was quite eye opening for her, and it didnt take much time being in the line for her to realize me and my brother (and I think most of us on here) are not the average fan.

@Batjester I just remembered there were so many instances of audience members screaming something that was actually funny, only for it to be followed up by one of the plebs trying to top it and it being brutally unfunny. Cringe, I believe the kids call it.

Also the kid in the front row who gave Ospreay the finger gun may have gotten one of the top 3 pops of the night in the arena

Just finished Forbidden Door. Very good show! Thoroughly entertaining stuff.

MJF vs Tanahashi was better than I ever thought it would be. Lotta smoke and mirrors, but they did it!

Punk vs Kojima was fantastic. Crowd were electric!

International title match was good. A fun match.

NJPW title match was OK. Finish was mighty surprising to me. A Litasault??? OK.
BAH GAWD JACK, etc. Taz reacted perfectly. Can Jack pull it off? Remains to be seen.

10 man tag was fine. I was pleasantly surprised by of all people - Ishii. Dude can actually move when he wants to.

Women's title match was good. I would pay extra for an option to mute Saraya's audio.

Ospreay vs Omega. My word. Incredible. Stole the show and then some. The foot on the rope near fall got me. Monster pop.
I have to mention my one complaint - please for the love of god never do that Tiger Driver move ever ever ever again.

6 man was there. Stuck in the death spot. It was what it was. Forgot who won.

Main event. The fans tried it seemed to will it to all-timer status, but they hadn't recovered from the US title match. It was fine.
I don't even wanna know how much Final Countdown cost lol. Popped for it tho!

I, too, always read your reviews. While not always agreeing with you initially, I like having the different perspective that can open things up.

Late to the Forbidden Door discussion, also had some problems because of a storm. The 2 matches we all wanted to be great were great, overall a fun batch of matches as expected. KO and WO delivered big time.

Couldve had someone else take Jungle Boys spot and let him turn on TV. Hopefully Christian starts bothering him again from afar like a devil on his shoulder.

Know that feel, dawg.

Spent about 5 hours today chopping up trees and branches and I still have more tree shit scattered everywhere.

Hopefully you didn't get any golf ball or softball sized hail, I didn't either, but it's been going around lately with these storms. There were winds up to 127 mph here.

Yuck.

Know that feel, dawg.

Spent about 5 hours today chopping up trees and branches and I still have more tree shit scattered everywhere.

Hopefully you didn't get any golf ball or softball sized hail, I didn't either, but it's been going around lately with these storms. There were winds up to 127 mph here.

Yuck.
Had 2 tornadoes skirt by with ping pong and baseball size hail, crazy rain which caused some water to sneak into the house on Friday. Then got hit again Sunday, I feel your pain. Hopefully you didn't have any damage or anything.

Last edited:
Back