Television AHSOKA Live-ActionSeries (Premieres Aug. 23, 2023)

Why the heck does Sabine Wren all of a sudden have force powers? That's a departure from Rebels.

I really hope they don't ruin this with some stupid "girl power" BS.

Or use CW like production quality like they did with the Obi-Wan series.

Why the heck does Sabine Wren all of a sudden have force powers? That's a departure from Rebels.

They don't show her having any. The character she's fighting says "you have no power"

Does she? I kinda get what you're referring to in the trailer but it could just be the trailer misleading you. Like TWD when the cannibals seemingly were inviting Ricks group to come with them to Washington DC.

They might go with Sabine being moderatley force sensitive. If you think about it the Mandos were not friendly with the Jedi so any force sensitive children would not be tested and trained. They emphasize in clone wars there was only ever 1 Mando Jedi the one who made the Dark Saber. That does not mean there weren't force sensitive Mandos just that they would never become Jedi or learn to use their powers. If they do it just right they can pull it off.

I wasn't blown away by that trailer at all compared to previous Star Wars TV series.

Couple things I noticed that might turn people off during the season.

1) The choreography for the green female alien during action scenes looks really slow & amateur. Choreography in Star Wars is typically swift & deliberate.

2) The makeup or the lighting looks off in certain scenes.
I know we're watching an edited trailer, but this is Star Wars.

3) Too many monotone voiced characters.
The main character has a monotone voice. Just imagine how the show is going to be if her partner/sidekick also has a monotone voice throughout the show.

I will say if this bombs it’s gonna be the end for the Star Wars TV shows I think. No fans are gonna give them a second chance if they murder this beloved series.

Yeah if they fuck up my favorite character of all time I'm out...

I'm fine with a Rebels OG getting killed off to set the mood though...

Almost there.

Will they stick the landing with Thrawn's return or will I finally give up?

Trailers getting me hyped...

They set Thrawn up in Mando 3. Not tough to do thrown right just cannot over cook it with over acting . I think Thrawn will be okay. As Ling as they limit the wokness it should be great.

Pisses me off a little Ezra won't be a huge part right away n they will likely wait tilllast few eps to intro.

They set Thrawn up in Mando 3. Not tough to do thrown right just cannot over cook it with over acting . I think Thrawn will be okay. As Ling as they limit the wokness it should be great.

Pisses me off a little Ezra won't be a huge part right away n they will likely wait tilllast few eps to intro.

They name dropped Thrawn in Mando 2 actually. Paelleon returned in Mando 3, which is awesome.

They name dropped Thrawn in Mando 2 actually. Paelleon returned in Mando 3, which is awesome.
In a large budget movie would love to see Cillian as Thrawn I can't imagine a better cast for a Star Wars role.

Benedict Cumberbacch or Jermy Irons would be good too.

But they went with the voice actor from Rebels wich I can respect.

I think it was kind of neccessary he has a very distinct voice. Not one of those characters with generic male/female voice.

iirc she did train with Kanan and Ezra in Rebels after she got the Dark Saber.. so what we’re seeing here could be connected with that. Also, I thought Kanan mentioned that she did have some force ability but he couldnt say how much.. keep in mind, Kanan himself wasn’t a fully trained Jedi as order 66 came down when he was still young

That aside, she’s a highly trained and competent fighter to begin with being she’s from a prominent Mando clan, she was pretty badass in Rebels

iirc she did train with Kanan and Ezra in Rebels after she got the Dark Saber.. so what we’re seeing here could be connected with that. Also, I thought Kanan mentioned that she did have some force ability but he couldnt say how much.. keep in mind, Kanan himself wasn’t a fully trained Jedi as order 66 came down when he was still young

That aside, she’s a highly trained and competent fighter to begin with being she’s from a prominent Mando clan, she was pretty badass in Rebels

The Mandos didn't like the Jedi so any force sensitives would not be trained. If they want to go down this route they can. Remember in the sequels they planned to do this with Finn. They could be recycling that concept.

The Mandos didn't like the Jedi so any force sensitives would not be trained. If they want to go down this route they can. Remember in the sequels they planned to do this with Finn. They could be recycling that concept.

The Mandos wouldn’t know if she was force sensitive or not -and she was definitely trained (as a Mando) by time we meet her in Rebels. With just minimal sparring with Kanan and Ezra she was able to quickly hold her own against them.

Point is, I think they left the door open for this in Rebels after she got the Dark Saber, and she was already a Mando warrior from the beginning. So, I’m expecting her to be a badass in the show -she was a badass in Rebels

Wow there are still fans left of SW after all the crap Disney pulled over the years and they again delude themselves into thinking this could be quality tv <Lmaoo>. .Incredible.

Wow there are still fans left of SW after all the crap Disney pulled over the years and they again delude themselves into thinking this could be quality tv <Lmaoo>. .Incredible.

Please tell me how I should properly think, random internet guy on karate forum, obviously you are better than all of us, and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to jump into a thread with the sole purpose of reminding us of your superiority.

Back