Alabama Student Expelled For Online Racist Comments

Lol, what a cowardly and pathetic way you are going through life. Being afraid to be honest about your beliefs because you know they are so stupid you'll never be able to justify them.

There are a few other simpletons here. Just be honest, maybe they'll defend you.

It's a joke ya dingus.

I was advised by moderators not to speak about such topics so I'm making an attempt to not do so.

I'm more than happy to be honest about my beliefs, but if you're truly interest (which you're clearly not), PM me rather than derailing a thread into taboo topics. And frankly, you know fuck all about my beliefs, it's adorable you seem to think it's reasonable to assess something you know nothing about.

Don't know how we're going to bounce back from this as a society. A teenage girl spewing syllables from her whore mouth has cut us deep. Keep strong fellas this is going to be a wild ride.

Don't know how we're going to bounce back from this as a society. A teenage girl spewing syllables from her whore mouth has cut us deep. Keep strong fellas this is going to be a wild ride.

Someone on the internet saying the N word is the moral equivalent to thermonuclear holocaust.

It's a joke ya dingus.

I was advised by moderators not to speak about such topics so I'm making an attempt to not do so.

I'm more than happy to be honest about my beliefs, but if you're truly interest (which you're clearly not), PM me rather than derailing a thread into taboo topics. And frankly, you know fuck all about my beliefs, it's adorable you seem to think it's reasonable to assess something you know nothing about.

Lol, right, the old go to great lengths to sympathize with Hitler joke.

You are right about one thing though, I don't care to hear more about your ignorant beliefs at all. I view you just like I would any troubled teenager who thinks he found something edgy to believe in.

I just find your cowardice to be hilarious. You can't even be honest on an anonymous forum.

Lol, right, the old go to great lengths to sympathize with Hitler joke.

You are right about one thing though, I don't care to hear more about your ignorant beliefs at all. I view you just like I would any troubled teenager who thinks he found something edgy to believe in.

I just find your cowardice to be hilarious. You can't even be honest on an anonymous forum.

Lol you really cut deep with that one sweetheart.

Quit posturing. You aren't looking for honest political discourse or to understand my beliefs. You're just here to fling shit.

Learn more about history and come back to me. Because I don't particularly care to argue morality with someone like yourself.

If they're going to kick her out on the basis of being a disruption, that sets a bad precedent for free expression in college campuses doesn't it?

Expulsion for disruption is a common rule in most if not all colleges' code of conduct.

It's not a new precedent.

Has there ever been a news article or thread that starts with racist remarks and is about a black towards a white?

Many liberals and media outlets believe that can never be possible

Expulsion for disruption is a common rule in most if not all colleges' code of conduct.

It's not a new precedent.
Her comments were made in a private video that other people shared. I don't think it was even made on campus. She wasn't making a scene in public. What did she disrupt?

Her comments were made in a private video that other people shared. I don't think it was even made on campus. She wasn't making a scene in public. What did she disrupt?

I think the argument is because the video was shared, thus making it public, would create a whirlwind of controversy. The university probably felt expelling the student was the easiest and best option for PR purposes.

I think the argument is because the video was shared, thus making it public, would create a whirlwind of controversy. The university probably felt expelling the student was the easiest and best option for PR purposes.
I get that it's taking the easy way out. I just don't see what supposed disruption she caused. If there were any incidents on campus because of this video, whoever started those incidents should be the ones expelled.

It's Alabama, so I would temper expectations of backlash.

HOWEVER, the majority of Alabama's basketball and football teams are black. And that's where the school could get hammered. If the black student basketball players were to, say, refuse to dress in protest, that would threaten the school with losing thousands, even millions, of dollars. University of Missouri already showed just how much power the black athletes have.

It makes sense that the school wanted to cut out this cancer as early as possible.

I think that you are unfairly judging the South and perhaps The Tide here. Having spent a fair amount of time on the UGA and Tennessee campuses I don’t think you would find racism more of a problem there than on campuses up North. Honestly, its not like the average backwoods racist is heading off the college. In my personal, anecdotal, experience, racism is more common (or at least publicly discussed) in Boston, Philly, Detroit, and Cleveland than in Atlanta, Birmingham, Columbia or Jacksonville.

Also, all things being equal the Alabama campus is much the same as any mainstream campus throughout the country. The vast majority of the kids are there for an education and genuinely want to get along with each other. I’m going to guess that she is not wanted there.

Also, I’ll post this event though I probably expanded the intent of your comment.

I get that it's taking the easy way out. I just don't see what supposed disruption she caused. If there were any incidents on campus because of this video, whoever started those incidents should be the ones expelled.

Definitely, I can't really fault the university for their decision though. They've got a reputation to uphold and letting behavior like this slide would result in the media vilify them and creating a shitstorm.

So is it illegal to say that word in America?
When i first discovered people on the telly saying 'the n-word' i couldn't understand why adults were doing this, it seems so odd.
Yes its a very distasteful word but to ban it is ludicrous, you may and well ban swear words. To me its like treating grown people like kids. If everyone knows what the word is when someone on the tv says the n-word, if they say it in their mind, they may as well just say the thing.
Obviously saying it in an awful way is wrong, but if people wish to discuss the word in a calm, mature way, so be it. If someone isn't yelling it at a black person or saying terrible words along with it, it should be allowed to be said.
It no doubt is more serious in the States because of it's history, in all my life[58 yrs] i've heard it said over here in Oz a handful of times, hardly at all.

Is there a word used to refer to native Australians that is just not used because of historical and pejorative implications? Is that word edited or skipped on television?

I am just going to guess all those kill whites and rape whites comments by people of black skin on youtube and twitter wont get them expelled.

Selective anger
How do you know any of them are in College?

Her actions were made incredibly public and her presence alone is a disruption on campus.

The woman probably does have a case on her hands, but I think she's been so publicly shamed, that she is just going to hide away for a few years.

Back